Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medtronic/Cregg

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 heythereall

very true I have started looking else where as they have left us a long time now and could potentially be missing out on some great jobs. There are a few jobs available at the moment for any science and engineering graduates in some other great companies. Good luck everyone, hopefully Cregg decide to give a bit of respect to everyone and let us all know the circumstances. But then again we are only the little people in the bigger scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mayocyclist

I did the assesment 25/7 and the interview and medical two weeks ago. Still no word. There was another assesment day on tuesday this week with. 100+ people

I did the assesment 25/7 and the interview and medical two weeks ago. Still no word. There was another assesment day on tuesday this week with. 100+ people

• Registered Users Posts: 14 obrienreb

There training system has slowed down so it will be another 2 to 3 weeks before people are taken on .. It will be the people from the June assessment that will get first pick . I was talking to the cregg office today and that's what they told me

So perhaps we will all hear something soon. I have just applied for a part time online masters ahhhhhhh if I get work am going to be up to me eyes!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't panic too much it could be well into October before the people from the July assessment gets called..

Quite a wait from July suits me at the minute at home (as I have kids and my other half has just set up a new business) but I say there are pulling their hair out looking for work. In all fairness Cregg should send emails or call everyone and let them know whether they are short listed or not. At my interview and medical I was lead to believe I had a job and that the start up was immediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 5fingers06

Did they say how many more people they were taking on

Just it could be 3 to 4 more weeks and the people from June assement get preference , then from July and so on ..

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

dont expect too much from cregg or medtronic, keep you waiting for months to let you know if you have work, and then when they are done building inventory, fire 50 or 60 every friday till all cregg staff are gone.saw 7 years of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

Anyone hear anything since from July assessments?

Nope still haven't heard anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I have my assessment test on Friday in the salthill hotel. Judging by the comments here. It would be at least 3 months waiting if successfull.

Anybody hear anything today? Emailed and rang cregg yday with no response.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I did my assessment on Friday. Probably close to 200 at it.

Did 60/65 questions. Would be pretty confident they were all right.

The psychometric test I tried to seem like joe soap. It's weird trying to pick the ideal employee answer for the questions.

Anybody hear anything from cregg lately???

obrienreb wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything from cregg lately???

Nope I wonder has anyone heard at all!? I was speaking to someone who works there over the weekend. He said they do this now thy get a list of people and keep them on hold until needed. I have decided that company are most definitely not for me if they treat people like this at this stage then work conditions can not be all that good.

I started last week and I've heard they are going hiring a lot in the upcoming weeks/month or so, so try hold out if you can, I had just started to give up hope of hearing from them when I got the phone call.

I guess it also depends on what shifts Medtronic need staff for and how that matches with the preferences you outlined at interview stage, it might not be any harm to call Cregg and say that you're available for any shift times available (if your personal situation allows you to etc.)

Also, a heads up; Cregg could ring you early in the week to start later that week, so be prepared for an almost immediate start when try do contact you.

Besides that, the work atmosphere seems good, there are a very friendly bunch working there, and as a new member of staff I was immediately made feel very welcome.

Shasheen wrote: »
    I started last week and I've heard they are going hiring a lot in the upcoming weeks/month or so, so try hold out if you can, I had just started to give up hope of hearing from them when I got the phone call.

I guess it also depends on what shifts Medtronic need staff for and how that matches with the preferences you outlined at interview stage, it might not be any harm to call Cregg and say that you're available for any shift times available (if your personal situation allows you to etc.)

Also, a heads up; Cregg could ring you early in the week to start later that week, so be prepared for an almost immediate start when try do contact you.

Besides that, the work atmosphere seems good, there are a very friendly bunch working there, and as a new member of staff I was immediately made feel very welcome.

Is the evening shift the shift which they are hiring predominately for atm. I have 3 kids and have started a part time masters in biomedical science thus only shift am available for really is daytime.

What shift did they recruit you for?? I still havnt heard anything yet :(

• Advertisement

What shift did they recruit you for?? I still havnt heard anything yet :(

Weeknights, think it's the only shift they've hired for in the past couple of weeks

Is the evening shift the shift which they are hiring predominately for atm. I have 3 kids and have started a part time masters in biomedical science thus only shift am available for really is daytime.

It seems to be for nights they've taken people lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,436 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shasheen wrote: »
    Weeknights, think it's the only shift they've hired for in the past couple of weeks

What hours are the night shifts Shasheen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

What hours are the night shifts Shasheen?

23.45 to 7.15. 00.00 to 7.30 sun to Thurs/Fri morn

I put the down day time shifts when I did the whole process in July .. Looks like I won't be getting a job there since there only looking for night time staff :( .. Wish they would me know personally instead of this tip toeing around :( . I really thought being a graduate in science would have helped me start .. Guess not :(

I put the down day time shifts when I did the whole process in July .. Looks like I won't be getting a job there since there only looking for night time staff :( .. Wish they would me know personally instead of this tip toeing around :( . I really thought being a graduate in science would have helped me start .. Guess not :(

I put down day shifts also...yeah be nice to be told either way. Another company looking for staff atm is lakeregionmedical I applied there over the weekend just waiting to here back. I have same type of degree as you so maybe there would suit you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 5fingers06

Has anyone heard anything back from July 25 assessment yet

Was told person overseeing training in medtronic is currently away on holidays.
    Dont know if that could be the reason for hold up.......

Was told person overseeing training in medtronic is currently away on holidays.
    Dont know if that could be the reason for hold up.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If they haven't said "no", then the answer is simply "not yet": Cregg are a labour agency, they need people on their books so that when a company is looking for temp staff, they have you at hand without having to search and interview.

I'm not sure that being a graduate will help if you're looking for product builder work.

Advertisement