Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RB3 Title update now live + details

• 31-01-2011 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd keep this separate to the general RB thread.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214418
    Hello Friends,

As HMXHenry alluded to in his post from December 2 (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210000), we’ve been working on a new title update for Rock Band 3, and I’m very happy to announce that it is currently live on Xbox 360, and should be hitting on PS3 in US and Europe within 24 hours. We'll update when we know for sure the PS3 update is live. (Before you ask: Unfortunately, we’re not able to update titles on the Wii system, so this does not apply to Rock Band 3 for the Wii.)

In addition to numerous bug fixes and tweaks, possibly the most exciting component of this new title update is the arrival of RBN2.0. For those not in the know, this will add Harmonies, Keys, and Pro Keys authoring support for RBN songs. For more info on that, head over to http://creators.rockband.com!

Before I get into highlights of this update, we want to give the hugest of shoutouts to you, our community. Without your ongoing, detailed and constructive feedback, we would not have been able to pinpoint and address as many issues as we have here. It can be frustrating when you run into an issue with a game, but those of you who chose to proactively post your findings here on rockband.com instead of resigning yourself to “Well, that’s just the way it is,” are true heroes.

Enough chatting, on with the vital details!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
    The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
    For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
    Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
    Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
    The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
    Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

ONLINE CHANGES
    PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
    Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
    To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
    Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
    Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
    The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
    Anvil - 666
    Anvil - Metal on Metal
    Anvil - This is Thirteen
    Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
    Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
    Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
    Guess Who, The - No Time
    Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
    Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife

PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
    An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
    Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

CRASH FIXES
    Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
    Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.

I was only bitching in the challenge thread the other day about this and I know BanjoFella and Burning Eclipse had something to say on the matter and it seems like a win for us. Vocal OD has been fixed and it can now be deployed with a button ........ EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Someone also mentioned Breakneck Speed in practice mode? Well we finally get that too !!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If I have mentioned it on the threads, I've certainly screamed about it in my head. Thank GOODNESS for breakneck speed in Practice mode. That was needed, really bad. Nice to see them fixing this stuff. However...

I never understood the problem with deploying OD, I've always been able to do that whenever I want. You just hold the note you were singing and go a bit harsher for a moment. Done! You can also blow into the microphone or tap it once or twice, both create the same effect.

Secondly, a lot of people are anonyed that you can't play pro guitar with people who haven't bought the track anymore, saying they'll never find someone to play with now. I have to agree with them, it was a pretty lazy move on their part.

But breakneck speed, WOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Breakneck Speed in Practice Mode :D I use breakneck speed with hard a lot for some of the more complicated guitar songs so this is awesome news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If I have mentioned it on the threads, I've certainly screamed about it in my head. Thank GOODNESS for breakneck speed in Practice mode. That was needed, really bad. Nice to see them fixing this stuff. However...

I never understood the problem with deploying OD, I've always been able to do that whenever I want. You just hold the note you were singing and go a bit harsher for a moment. Done! You can also blow into the microphone or tap it once or twice, both create the same effect.

Secondly, a lot of people are anonyed that you can't play pro guitar with people who haven't bought the track anymore, saying they'll never find someone to play with now. I have to agree with them, it was a pretty lazy move on their part.

But breakneck speed, WOO!

OD on vocals was a big issue for me and I stand by my statement it was the ONLY thing GH ever did right!!!!!!!!!!!

It really was broken in RB 3 , with it's phantom activations and what not, now they patched in a button they need to do away with the drum like windows for activation. At least I can now breath and activate OD at the same time :)

As for the pro guitar thing, screw it I have only come across 2 people with it, willing to play on live !!!!!! Keyboards in Multiplayer being rarer still, even rarer is actually getting a full MP game in RB3 and not having to wait an hour, but thats a reflection on sales and the numbers playing it more so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I was wondering why Afterlife wasn't working. Not that I like A7X or anything, song came on RB Track Pack 2. That was a grand little pickup in HMV for €6, bar that song. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was wondering why Afterlife wasn't working. Not that I like A7X or anything, song came on RB Track Pack 2. That was a grand little pickup in HMV for €6, bar that song. :P

That bugged me too, not a fan but do enjoy the main riff in that track. There is a weird mix on the vocals on that one if I recall, that I didn't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No love for the Wii.... *shakes fist in the general direction of Harmonix HQ*

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I feel sorry for you wii owners at times like this. But then, it's probably hard to port the patches on to the wii or something.

Advertisement