Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Kite in Kildare

• 13-03-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭

Just saw one. Very excited. Hopefully it will make it's way a little further south west.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭nilhg

I've heard some folk say they've seen them near Kill, never saw one this far west, here's hoping, where did you see yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

On the Rathcoffey Road about 1 mile outside Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭nilhg

I saw a couple of buzzards up there the other day, just the Prosperous side of Farringtons, I'll be u there again soon, I'll keep an eye out for the Kite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I've seen this bird twice since. Yesterday near where I first saw it and just a few minutes ago over my home. I can't believe it. Over the moon about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I just heard on the radio that two kites were found dead in wicklow from suspected poisoning. Did anyone else hear about this? Sad to hear it if its true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I just heard on the radio that two kites were found dead in wicklow from suspected poisoning. Did anyone else hear about this? Sad to hear it if its true.

I just heard the news now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's on six one news now.

RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Sickening but not suprising as the discussion in this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055857813 would suggest that a number of farmers in the release area continue to engage in reckless and criminal activities.

What is the point in the tax-payer subsidising these project if the government can't be bothered tackling this problem?? - role on 2013 when the CAP comes to an end and farmers like this will cease to get taxpayer handouts for producing subsidized tainted products:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

nilhg wrote: »
    I've heard some folk say they've seen them near Kill, never saw one this far west, here's hoping, where did you see yours?

+1

I live in Kill and see (i think it's abred kite) regulary enough!
    Keep your eyes peeled arond the roundabout on junction 7 usually between the Topaz garage and the roundabout.
    Absolutely beautiful to watch!

I've been told that a house nearby has a falconer living in it also! This fella I have seen is definitely wild though, I thoroughly enjoy watching him hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Gucky wrote: »
    +1

I live in Kill and see (i think it's abred kite) regulary enough!
    Keep your eyes peeled arond the roundabout on junction 7 usually between the Topaz garage and the roundabout.
    Absolutely beautiful to watch!

I've been told that a house nearby has a falconer living in it also! This fella I have seen is definitely wild though, I thoroughly enjoy watching him hunt!

Cool - I live near Kill too and have been scanning our mushrooming Buzzard population to see have I missed this fellow - no luck so far though, but thanx for the location tips.

PS: There are always buzzards circling over the Arthurstown landfill - this area would seem a good place for a Red Kite to hang out too:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement