Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Thanks for checkin anti. Pretty sure my info is correct. Didn't know they could block certain people from reging/accessing on a site. Is this done by checking your ip? Strange though that they'd give ireland as an option in the address field though and then block you.

I found another site anyway that will let me reg and also accepts me dads company VAT-ID. Ello 19% off :).

www.hpm-computer.de
    Some of their prices look pretty decent. Bank transfer again though. They also do PAYPAL!!!! And delivery is charges are very reasonable. e21 for a gfx mobo and 4 fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Hey guys, where would be the best place to get a decent all in one printer, scanner & copier (not really bothered about fax.) I've checked komplett but don't have any experience with the other sites in the suggested links.
    As long as it scans well I'm not overly bothered about print speed. Would just buy a scanner and printer seperate but I have too much clutter as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I've had a terrible time this last two weeks with maplin.co.uk

I've ordered stuff off them before no bother, but this time they somehow sent
    my shiny Daewoo portable DVD player to some lucky chap 50 miles from me.

Eventually got a refund after much ping pong
    between Malpin (who were terrible) and DHL (who were great)

I see Komplett are apparently about to go out of business.

We need a new reliable retailer.

Are elara or dabs any good for reliability?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Tails142

i've ordered off Elara before and find their service to be great. If you looks around though their prices are only average, nothing breaking the norm.

Hardwareversand.de is a company I've recently been converted to. You have to pay by bank transfer but you can pay by online banking if you have it, might just take a few days extra to get them set up as a beneficiary account.

The great thing about them is that in all the searching I've done their prices are ALWAYS lower, anything from 10euro to 70euro. So while a bit akward definetly worth the effort.

Tried to order off Dabs.ie before but they wanted passport and drivers licence with bank statements or some crap so I just emailed them and told them to f*** off!

Also Komplett.ie arent goin out of business, they posted saying that they're focusing their limited resources on less saturated markets or something.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,
    where is the cheapest place to get myself a 19 or 20" LCD for my new build? dabs is cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richiek

Hi Guys,

just ordered off hardwareversand.de but I'm a little confused as to how to pay them, have any of you had any experience with them before? basicly I've been given...

Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: xxxxxxxxxx
    BLZ: xxxxxxxx
    Financial institution: Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    IBAN Nr.: DE 7344 0100 4607 xxxx xxxx
    SWIFTCode: PBNKDEFF
    Amount: 667,91 EUR
    Intended purpose: V793207-xxxxxx

(wasnt sure if any of these numbers were sensetive so i replaced some with x'x)

If any of you have any idea how I should pay could you let me know.

Thanks

richiek wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

just ordered off hardwareversand.de but I'm a little confused as to how to pay them, have any of you had any experience with them before? basicly I've been given...

Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: xxxxxxxxxx
    BLZ: xxxxxxxx
    Financial institution: Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    IBAN Nr.: DE 7344 0100 4607 xxxx xxxx
    SWIFTCode: PBNKDEFF
    Amount: 667,91 EUR
    Intended purpose: V793207-xxxxxx

(wasnt sure if any of these numbers were sensetive so i replaced some with x'x)

If any of you have any idea how I should pay could you let me know.

Thanks

Just go to your bank and ask them for a credit transfer form for a German company (I think you need to specify this as it's a different form). Just fill in the form making sure not to mix up any of the codes. I can't remember if there is a field for intended purpose or not but if not put it in a comments kinda field (make sure it's in somewhere as it's your order number)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richiek

Just go to your bank and ask them for a credit transfer form for a German company (I think you need to specify this as it's a different form). Just fill in the form making sure not to mix up any of the codes. I can't remember if there is a field for intended purpose or not but if not put it in a comments kinda field (make sure it's in somewhere as it's your order number)

Thanks Colonel!
    I did that this morning. Gave them a quick ring before I hit the bank and asked if they could speak english, and they just told me what you did.

I appreciate the quick reply, lets hope they're as quick to deliver.

Thanks

Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I've had a terrible time this last two weeks with maplin.co.uk

I've ordered stuff off them before no bother, but this time they somehow sent
    my shiny Daewoo portable DVD player to some lucky chap 50 miles from me.

Eventually got a refund after much ping pong
    between Malpin (who were terrible) and DHL (who were great)

I see Komplett are apparently about to go out of business.

We need a new reliable retailer.

Are elara or dabs any good for reliability?

Hi again everyone.

Since posting the above, I've bought stuff from Elara.
    They are reliable and offer better value than the high-street.

I am happy to say that I've had no problems yet.

The best value I've got so far is a 5 Meter HDMI cable for (€30) compared to what
    Dixons/Currys and the Sony Centre were charging (€60 - €89)

Their shipping packaging is very secure and quickly delivered too.

Hopefull this will continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it seems odd that that german company doesnt accept credit card payments if they did they would make so much more money through foreign sales

it seems odd that that german company doesnt accept credit card payments if they did they would make so much more money through foreign sales

I know, I thought it was a bit suss but nearly everyone on here says they are legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

are e-bug legit? they are the ONLY supplier that are stocking the gfx card i want:

http://www.ebug-europe.com/bug/default.asp?PageNo=DEFAULT

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Power City have a 50" Plasma TV for €895.00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'm trying to buy a few items off dabs.ie but everytime I go to purchase the items I get
    Sorry!

We have not been able to verify your payment on card number **** **** **** **** with the issuer because an incorrect password has been supplied. In order to protect you, the card owner, against unauthorised use of your card, we cannot process your order.

I've tried a few other cards and the same problem. The issue is that there is no where in the dabs site to specify a password for your credit card even if I did have one? I contacted dabs this morning but they have yet to respond. Anyone else get this problem?

You can pay Dabs by Paypal, the password is a once off number you can get from the bank to verify your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TonyM. wrote: »
    You can pay Dabs by Paypal, the password is a once off number you can get from the bank to verify your card.

figured out the problem. After trying for hours to make a purchase using firefox 3 I tried IE7 just for the sake of it and the purchase went through. This was my first purchase from dabs via firefox (the last one I made was from IE7) so maybe there is a compatibility issue with it or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So, let's hear of the problems you have been having when ordering parts from normal shops or online e-shops.

Lets not name and shame so to speak, but talk of your bad experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Maybe add manufacturers as well to beef up the thread?

I had a case and PSU form Point of View (POV).
    The case was of pretty dismall quality. Sharp edges, the side panel didn't fit right and the front ports were USB1.0 instead of 2.0. The PSU was underpowered as well and died.

Good idea, i like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Ankermann

Avoid this crowd. Very very unprofessional and at times down right rude.
    PCs are cheap, but you get what you pay for. Build quality is not terrific, customer service is nonexistent and staff are impossible to deal with.

Took almost 7 weeks to get everything I ordered, was lied to over and over again.

See this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373287
    for my experience with them

Stay away from Overclockers.uk no customer support at all .

I have to agree with both TonyM and dkane. Have had lots of issues with Overclockers.co.uk and point blank refuse to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

+1 as well

Q-tec products, in particular their power supplies should be mentioned as well, as they are utter sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

weird, I've been using them for years, had one issue the first time with a dead cpu, rma'ed it and had a new one the following week.

Maybe I've been lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mugsir

DamoKen wrote: »
    weird, I've been using them for years, had one issue the first time with a dead cpu, rma'ed it and had a new one the following week.

Maybe I've been lucky?

Ive ordered 3 top class gaming rigs:D(bought all hardware and built, not ready made box) and many upgrades from overclockers.co.uk

I've only ever had two problems, 1 dead stick of corsair ram and a faulty ati 2900xt.I rma'ed the ram and it was back within a week.
    The 2900xt went bad 8 months down the line, waited 28 days while ocuk enquired about a replacement, no replacement form ati, so ocuk refunded the money to my credit card, which took a few days. Then with the £290 i was able to buy a new 9800gtx + 2 more gigs of ram + creative headset. So overall it worked out in my favour.
    Ocuk support were very helpful and fully within their T&C with the way they dealt with everything i bought from/returned to them.

Top marks to ocuk for service from me, They are a bit expensive though and postage costs are extreme £66 to ship monitor+case+2HDs:mad:

Another company i came across while hunting cheap hardware is hardwareversand.de, great prices, gotta pay through euro bank transfer though. Might be hell trying to rma with no german, haven't had a problem with anything i've bought from them yet. Ordering my new sh*t hot rig from them this week though, so maybe I'll find out. Hopefully not!
    Q6600, antec 900, 4gb 8500 Reaper, Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4, 1gb ati 4870, Corsair 750W, 2x Samsung HD501LJ =€922 delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

ricka05 wrote: »
    +1

Ive had no problems with them so far;)

Overclockers.uk are not honerable people to deal with i bought a mainboard off them ,the accessory pack was missing including the sound card when it arrived. I got no satisfaction from them and would have taken a case to the small claims court if they were based here, in the end i gave up and gave away the board which never worked properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Overclockers.uk are not honerable people to deal with i bought a mainboard off them ,the accessory pack was missing including the sound card when it arrived. I got no satisfaction from them and would have taken a case to the small claims court if they were based here, in the end i gave up and gave away the board which never worked properly.

When buying my pc case there...i read a review from someone who bought one and the screws and accessories were not in the box......They said they told ocuk and in a couple days they had all the accessories they needed at their doorstep...

Advertisement