Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secret / Hidden pubs in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Unless shay knows the majority of yous.Cant believe so many know that spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A lot of the pubs on this thread wouldn't be 12-pubs friendly but they're all the better for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

arayess wrote: »
    gravediggers ?
    that internationally acclaimed pub....
    that made several list of pubs to drink in

the very definition of secret and hidden :rolleyes:

It's not easy to find if you don't know the area. Not exactly on the main st.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's not easy to find if you don't know the area. Not exactly on the main st.

c'mon now its not particularly hard to find,its about 200 yards from the main road.Add to the fact its on numerous must visit lists and beside Irelands largest/most famous cemetery I dont think anyone would have too much trouble finding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Exactly it's 200 yards from the main road. I was living in Dublin for 4 years before I heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

On a sunny day after a Dubs game you should see the amount of people on the green outside the gravediggers, it really is a very well known pub. wasn't it used for the smithwicks ad with Norm from cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

yabadabado wrote: »
    c'mon now its not particularly hard to find,its about 200 yards from the main road.Add to the fact its on numerous must visit lists and beside Irelands largest/most famous cemetery I dont think anyone would have too much trouble finding it.

10 yards if you jump the wall..

Not recommended when drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Upstairs in Nearys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Lincolns Inn on South Leinster Streeet...nice little boozer with a good pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There are a couple of basement bars on Georges Street.
    Izakaya Bar, The Chelsea Drugstore, and (Probably the most secret of them all ;)) the unnamed bar that is designed as a speakeasy. Although I am pretty sure you can only gain access with an invite.
    Not to be confused with the blind pig/speakeasy on Suffolk St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Suckit wrote: »
    There are a couple of basement bars on Georges Street.
    Izakaya Bar, The Chelsea Drugstore, and (Probably the most secret of them all ;)) the unnamed bar that is designed as a speakeasy. Although I am pretty sure you can only gain access with an invite.
    Not to be confused with the blind pig/speakeasy on Suffolk St.

Chelsea drugstore has a shop front on a busy road its hardly hidden or even slightly out of the way.

salmocab wrote: »

Chelsea drugstore has a shop front on a busy road its hardly hidden or even slightly out of the way.
    Yeah, I could have and should have phrased it differently, but my internet was acting up and then it went down altogether.
    I meant that there are some basement pubs on Georges street (and named them), and the most hidden one (Which was the one that i was referring to) has no name, but it is not one of the previous ones.
    When i have tried to tell people about it before, they assumed i meant one of the other ones, so i tried to get them in first, to avoid that being the case again. But i did not word it correctly and was unable to amend my post before my internet connection dropped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Suckit wrote: »
    Yeah, I could have and should have phrased it differently, but my internet was acting up and then it went down altogether.
    I meant that there are some basement pubs on Georges street (and named them), and the most hidden one (Which was the one that i was referring to) has no name, but it is not one of the previous ones.
    When i have tried to tell people about it before, they assumed i meant one of the other ones, so i tried to get them in first, to avoid that being the case again. But i did not word it correctly and was unable to amend my post before my internet connection dropped.

Could you go over that again......

Could you go over that again......
    The Butchers on Georges Street.
    But only open to invite and only open when they decide to invite people.http://www.thegentlemensacademy.com/article/jameson-butchers
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamesons-Butchers-Bar/1500446533573088

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

O'Loughlins in Georges st, Dun Laoghaire.
    It's a real gem, small enough place, best Guini I have ever tasted. Barrel is directly under the tap on the counter, there's no till, no women's' loo( have to go upstairs next door), and the gents is an open air urinal. Family run for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

uch wrote: »
    The Sackville Lounge on Sackville place is a hidden treasure

Hardly hidden.

Advertisement