Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Money Off CDWow :)

• 03-08-2004 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

At http://www.lorealparis.co.uk/minisites/studioline/index.html you can enter a competition to win stuff. But the minimum prize you can win is a £2 sterling voucher for CDWow. I entered twice yesterday with the same email address and today received two £2 vouchers from cdwow with unique codes.

Havent tried them as of yet but i would be fairly sure that they could be used with the £1.50 link a few posts down to get yourself £3.50 off any item.....

Please dont over abuse this lads :)

*edit* Just ordered Shawn Of The Dead for under £9.50 instead £13 :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

very good spot,
    my experience with using the 1.50 link and using further vouchers on top has always resulted in a cancelled order, and an email pointing me to the terms and conditions!
    but 2 quid off is very nice indeed, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Also ordered "The Isle" for just over £3.50 and it shipped today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

very handy, thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

2 days later I still havent received an email with vouchers / Maybe I am gonna win the big prize ?

could be, I signed up yesterday and got my voucher yesterday evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

somano wrote:
    2 days later I still havent received an email with vouchers / Maybe I am gonna win the big prize ?

me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

For those who did not get a voucher, did you do multiple entries? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Thanks for posting this link. i joined yesterday & voucher arrived this morning!!

Danni wrote:
    Thanks for posting this link. i joined yesterday & voucher arrived this morning!!

No Bother :)

<multiple enteries>

Well I must admit I did although different addresses, different emails and cookies and temp files cleared and an hour apart.

• Advertisement

I waited until I got the voucher then tried to re-apply using the same email address cos mbroaders claimed that worked but I didn't receive a second voucher

comet wrote:
    I waited until I got the voucher then tried to re-apply using the same email address cos mbroaders claimed that worked but I didn't receive a second voucher
    I entered twice without waiting for notification that i entered. Dont know if that made any difference. Although, it would appear that vouchers seem to have dried up...maybe they ran out of their alloted (sp) amount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can you use on CDwow .ie or does it have to be the UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Begs the question, why would you want to?

Isn't .ie still the most expensive option?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I applied twice yesterday and received two identical e-mails today. But unfortunatley had the Voucher Number blanked out! Ah well, £2.00 voucher is better than nothing!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

I got mine today and first tried to use it on the HK site and then I tried .IE but no luck on either to redeem the voucher. So I then logged onto www.cdwow.com and had no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

BaZmO* wrote:
    I applied twice yesterday and received two identical e-mails today. But unfortunatley had the Voucher Number blanked out! Ah well, £2.00 voucher is better than nothing!!! :D

I did the same and recieved 2 emails, but the 2nd one had the voucher number printed on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cygnet

Logged on with two different addresses and got a voucher for a free Cd - Thanks a lot !!!!!!

Does this mean anything??

Terms & Conditions
    3. This offer is only available to Capital One cardholders, and payment must be made using your Capital One card.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

It doesn't appear to be the case. My card is not with capitalone and worldpay has processed it at the discounted price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

Nice one - must give it a shot.
    Me likes cheap CDs n DVDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

mbroaders wrote:
    At http://www.lorealparis.co.uk/minisites/studioline/index.html you can enter a competition to win stuff. But the minimum prize you can win is a £2 sterling voucher for CDWow. I entered twice yesterday with the same email address and today received two £2 vouchers from cdwow with unique codes.

Havent tried them as of yet but i would be fairly sure that they could be used with the £1.50 link a few posts down to get yourself £3.50 off any item.....

I've a £2 voucher to spend but i aint gonna be spending it so if somebody wants it, send me a PM. First come, first served!

Edited: K guys, its GONE!

mbroaders wrote:

Just got a mail from CDWow saying that the price for Shaun of the Dead has decreased by £1.00 so they are sending me a £1.00 evoucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭savemejebus

fair dues to them

Also just wanted to say thanks for pointing out all this stuff mbroaders, between cdwow stuff and the play vouchers you've saved me a bundle over the past year.

cheers mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

ok, most of the previous cdwow discount codes have expired or are no longer working so heres a new one:

£1.50 off with this link

I've tested the one above and it works theres also a 5% off play.com voucher if you spend over 30 quid

enter KIDSLJ at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Round Cable

You can get an extra 1pound off by getting an e-value code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Aitana Fit Watchman

Great link.

Just ordered LOTR for €4.94 :) All good!

Thanks!!
    ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I just got LOTR for €3.52 thanks to the discount link and the L'Oreal voucher!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Aitana Fit Watchman

Bla,
    I got an email back today. Order was cancelled. Damnit! Only one voucher per transaction!

ambrose :)

• Advertisement

Is Burton £1.50 link gone

Advertisement