Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

• 04-09-2011 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

All going well I'll be 8 weeks this Tuesday - anyone else around the same stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

ill be 10 weeks on Wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I'll be 8 weeks sat.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I just about qualify - Im 5 weeks on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Yay I'm not alone so :)
    (just to confuse folk I'm the op '5 penguin bars' but reverting to my usual username now)

So how is everyone keeping so far? anyone feeling the wrath of morning sickness?
    I'm useless with the tiredness at the moment. I could literally sleep for Ireland & still be tired!

Hope you're all keeping well :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

No symptoms to be honest - If I didnt miss a period, I would not have had a clue. Tiny bit more tired than usual, and boobs are sore to poke, and nipples have been slightly tingly..

Edit: The odd twinge in the tummy, but thats normal.

No sickness or anything yet, but do seem to want to eat /drink stuff I shouldnt - Like Carbonara, Luckily I found a preggers friendly version on the interwebs.

• Advertisement

I found the same the first week or 2 Neyite, its gas, all the lead up to taking the test/getting the positive, then its like 'is that it?!'

Definitely starting to feel a bit more pregnant now & from about 6/7 weeks on :)

ive been quite ill, but only mon-fri before work.. so hard to say if its the work or the pregnancy :D

was soooooooooooo tired but feeling a little less now...

its all a bit surreal really but have first scan on 27th, hopefully it will make it all a bit more real :D

Sick isnt the word. I was fine until last week and then it hit with a vengence. Was with the doc last week and she certfied me off for 2 days because of it. Even had diarrhea. Was in work thurs and fri and wasnt too bad but not great again sat, But yesterday was sick before work and approx 4 times in work. Trying to avoid when others in the toilet or staying in the cubicle until they leave. Now lying in bed, had to ring in sick again as was sick this morning again and havent got an ounce of energy. Soooo tired. But hey suppose it is a good sign. Have to keep positive, it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

I'm 7 weeks since yesterday :D

This having no painkillers craic is killing me though. Constant cramps and/or needing bathroom ain't sexy! Is it normal to have niggly cramps constantly?

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    I'm 7 weeks since yesterday :D

This having no painkillers craic is killing me though. Constant cramps and/or needing bathroom ain't sexy! Is it normal to have niggly cramps constantly?

I hope so, because I am too, no bleeding or anything like a little uncomfortable....

Are we all 1st timers in here???

• Advertisement

i am first timer. and a lil confused over dates. if i go by first day of lst period i was 7 weeks sat giving a due date of 21st April but when i was with the doc she said my due date would be 23rd April. i dont understand that. i suppose i will know more once i have a scan. Mind whats 2 days when it comes down to it anyway.

First timer, was 'passively trying' (letting nature take its course)....then decided it wasnt the right time and accepted a place in college and then I found out. Now college is being put off for a while and I'm being laid off from my job but so excited about the pregnancy (despite the aches and pains). I'm told I'm due on the 29th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hi Ladies, im joining too!!
    Only 5weeks gone next Friday! Just a day ahead of you Neyite and like you no symptoms yet but im v.v tired!!!

This is our second, we also have a 3year old daughter. I have our first appointment booked in Rotunda for start of November, I went with them last time and they were brilliant so i'm happy to go back.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Only 5weeks gone next Friday! Just a day ahead of you Neyite and like you no symptoms yet but im v.v tired!!!

This is our second, we also have a 3year old daughter. I have our first appointment booked in Rotunda for start of November, I went with them last time and they were brilliant so i'm happy to go back.

Awh congrats. :) nice gap between them. you can be our guide for next 8 months so, since a few of us are first timers and not sure what to expect. :confused:

Awe thanks a million, congrats to you all too!!

Yeah sure ask away anything-but im no expert! I'm trying to remember what I was feeling at this stage on the last pregnancy.
    My head is alot clearer though as more "planning" has gone into this little one!

To Schaaah-I did a course during my pregnany,part time 2 evenings a week from 6.30pm-9.30pm,it was tough but I'm glad I did it then. I finshed up the course a week before my daughter was born and sat the exams when she was 5months old. Unfortunatley I havn't used the course qualification in my "career" and probably won't but if it's something you definatley want to do then don't rule it out just yet!

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    First timer, was 'passively trying' (letting nature take its course).....

Same as that, although nature took 2 and a half yrs!! But i did manage two years in college to keep my mind off it so that was time well spent I guess.

Im confused by the dates too.. According to my doc im due 4th April, I know im due 6th april (as i can pinpoint conception), making me 9 weeks and 6 days.. Surely that just means im ten weeks?? thats the bit thats confusing me (easily confused i know:confused:)

I know its only a minor detail, but i wanna shake this up a bit and make it go faster :D

Had to order button extenders today as im too fat for my normal clothes and not fat enough for maternity clothes!! :( although my friend assures me i will be wishing for the day im not fat enough for maternity clothes soon enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi all. I'm 7 weeks this Friday. I'm feeling ok. Very tired and some cramping. I fainted last week, scared my OH to death. I worked a 12 hour shift the day before, didn't eat much and was on my feet for most of the day so I think the baba was telling me to cop myself on:D

Lovely to see some of the ladies from the trying to conceive thread.

wow custard, defo sounds like baby giving you a swift kick into reality!!!!

I found the same the first week or 2 Neyite, its gas, all the lead up to taking the test/getting the positive, then its like 'is that it?!'

Definitely starting to feel a bit more pregnant now & from about 6/7 weeks on :)

Caprilicious – that’s exactly it – when TTC it’s all week to week, day to day charting and dip-sticking and shagging, then waiting. I had that for 2 years and I’m at a bit of a loss at the moment, partly relieved, but partly feeling out of my depth and thinking “what now?” :confused:
    ive been quite ill, but only mon-fri before work.. so hard to say if its the work or the pregnancy :D

was soooooooooooo tired but feeling a little less now...

its all a bit surreal really but have first scan on 27th, hopefully it will make it all a bit more real :D
    Mine is on the 28th! :D

I have an existing prolactin issue, which meant that as a non-pregnant person, I had symptoms of pregnancy boobs. Now that I had to stop the meds being pregnant and all, I don’t know whether I have Prolactin boobs or Pregnancy boobs, because they feel exactly the same. :confused:

I am defiantly more tired – According to WTEWYE Book, there is a lot of work in months 1 & 2 happening during our sleep in there, so, though I get the good nights sleep, my body is in overtime mode and it’s not getting as rested as it used to.

It feels reassuring to be in the company of others that have little pregnancy symptoms yet. I’m trying to be more positive, I read too much about risks on the interwebs prior to getting pregnant that now I’ve gone and scared myself – cyberchondriac that I am – not doing that anymore. It’s gonna be a long 3 weeks until the scan....I’m focusing on the fact that I have little twinges /dull feeling going on almost constantly in my tummy. Nothing you could even call a pain or an ache, but its there nonetheless and that I’m knackered, to reassure me that all is ok in there! :)

To Schaaah-I did a course during my pregnany,part time 2 evenings a week from 6.30pm-9.30pm,it was tough but I'm glad I did it then. I finshed up the course a week before my daughter was born and sat the exams when she was 5months old.

Mine is full-time, I've already got a Level 7 but was changing course this year, so have to do 3rd year again and 4th year. And have to do them fulltime. :( I've a friend who had a baby at 19 and went on to do her degree, she's starting a masters this year and she had very little support. I'm lucky to have more support than she did, it'll be hard going but I want to get there, she's a great inspiration to me and though it'll be extremely hard, it'll be best in the long run.

Congrats to all, by the way, especially the ladies who have been trying for a while! ;)

• Advertisement

This is no. 2 for me, I have a little girl who will be 2+2 months when no. 2 arrives all going well!
    We were trying for just over a year after having a miscarriage at 8 weeks, so I'm on tenter hooks being back at the 8 week mark again.
    Thankfully I have a scan in the morning so I'm hoping that will give me more peace of mind.

Neyite I love that term 'cyberchondriac' :D I'm avoiding Dr. Google like the plague as I know I'd have myself hyperventilating otherwise at this point at the different niggles, aches & pains!

Shuwaaah fair play to you completing your course while pregnant, I hope it goes well for you :)
    I'm only doing a level 6 at the moment & by distance learning. I've 4 modules to complete by Xmas & have no idea when/how I'll get them done when I'm constantly so tired :confused:

As for the dates, its gas everyone wants theirs to be sooner - I wish the hospital would set my dates as later because I know I was ovulating later and that I'll more likely be due a week after the dates the hospital gave me (April 23). I'm telling myself I'm due early May :)

Suucee, you poor thing, that morning sickness sounds really bad :( I hope it eases off as you reach the 12 week mark (or sooner!)

Saggycaggy, how are you finding the tiredness with having a 3 year old to mind too?

I hope my tiredness wears off soon, I'm good for nothing these days with it! I'm sleeping about 15 hours a day & still feel tired! when I'm awake I've energy for nothing!
    Hopefully its a very good sign that there's a lot of growing going on in there :)

Custard Cream, I hope you're taking care of yourself now and cutting back on the work hours (if possible).
    I'm the same with the eating though, eating v little as I don't have an appetite for much these days so I've a tendency to get fairly dizzy if I stand up too quick!

Shuwaaah fair play to you completing your course while pregnant, I hope it goes well for you :)

Oh no, I got my level 7 last year. I'm not that much of a trooper I'm afraid, going back next year as if I went this year, baby would be due bang in the middle of exams. Fair play for continuing with the course, it will be worth it in the long run. I get where you're coming from with the tiredness though, I could do with sugar or full-fat Coke being injected into my veins to give me a jump-start. Cant even tolerate drinking that sort of thing anymore (probably a good thing) :o

i felt fan-friggin-tastic yesterday, then today back to a puke after breakfast and feeling crap since :(

its just not fun...

on the upside, 10 weeks today... please please please make it stop at twelve weeks :cool:

I hope the scan went well this morning Caprilicious, fingers crossed.

Yeah it's hard with the tiredness as I'm up at 6am every morning and not home until 6pm in the evening so im tired enough anyway but I always make time to spend time with my daughter in the evening and myself and husband share the work of bathtime/dinner/story time etc so that helps. I've been in bed this week at 9.30pm every evening!

How are you finding it with a 1 year old?? They keep you busy!

Still no sickness so far for me, I hope im not too bad- I dont want work so suspect anything just yet!
    Whenever I did feel quesy on my first child I would have a gingernut biscuit (any excuse for a biccie),ginger is meant to help!

Still no sickness so far for me, I hope im not too bad- I dont want work so suspect anything just yet!
    Whenever I did feel quesy on my first child I would have a gingernut biscuit (any excuse for a biccie),ginger is meant to help!

your so lucky Saggycaggy, id give my left nut not to be sick :D ive tried ginger biccies, ginger tea, ginger ale, eating crackers before i get up, after i get up, while getting up, eating breakfast, not eating breakfast... nothing helps, i thought i was over it, as today was the first puke in 4 days, thought it was getting easier, obviously not....

I guess its a case of no pain no gain... :D

thats awful staticdoor71, I do feel for you. How many weeks were you gone when you started gettign sick??

ok so the ginger clearly insn't helping :(
    hopefully you're near the end of the sickness!

6 weeks when it started... (only found out at 5 weeks typical huh)

im hoping and praying only two more weeks left, ill wake up and a light switch will have flicked and ill be all better,

well i may as well dream here as in my bed, right? ;)

Thanks saggycaggy, scan went brill today thanks! the midwife was training in another midwife to use the ultrasound so I had a really thorough & detailed scan :)
    They're dating me 7w4d which is closer to what I thought myself :)
    Thats great that your other half is giving you plenty of support with your daughter :) my little girl is 18 months & a whirlwind of energy!

Staticdoor thats awful with the sickness :( I hate that the way it eases off, lulls you into a false sense of security that its over then kicks back in when you're least expecting it!

The only thing I can manage when I'm bad is toast, last time I lived on rich tea biscuits & winegums week 6 - 12, I couldn't stomach anything else!

Shuwaaah I know the feeling, I could do with a triple red bull most mornings to get me started :D

Guys, have any of you experienced really bad period type cramps and that feeling like the dullness ache (but way worse) in the really early weeks?

I woke up last night around 3am. Now, I'm normally pretty good with pain but this, I was gasping and all I could do was lie down on the lovely cool bathroom floor (hygiene was the least of my concerns) and I was feeling clammy and weak. It stopped after about 5 mins, and I've been fine since. No blood whatsoever and boobs still sore.

I'm convincing myself that its stretching pains, I have to otherwise I will worry myself sick. I'm only 5 weeks.

• Advertisement

yeah i have had cramping, like period cramps, ever since i found out (@ 5 weeks).. i think its all in my head.

Mentioned it to the doctor, all she said was "any blood"? I said nope, she said "well everyone different your probably just feeling the stretching more than most people".

She said she never had any cramping with her 3 kids, but her sister was like you in agony with it...

So id say mark it down to stretching...

I still get the cramps (@10 weeks), but i just ignore them now, until there is something else with them to worry me... because believe me if i were to go to the doctor with every little twinge or question i had, well I may as well just move in with her :P

Im starting to realise too, that the less you read on DR GOOGLE the better :cool:

Advertisement