Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

Go Pack Go wrote: »
    I sent my application away on the 27th of December and still haven't had an email saying that they've recieved my application. Last year I had an email confirming this 2 days after it was sent. Is anyone else having this same problem? Is so frustrating, I got a new life I've rebuilt hanging by a thread. If I don't get this then I Literally have nowhere to live lol!

I sent mine the 23rd and tracked through post it arrived on the 29th and I still haven't even received the email confirming they have it. Im frustrated as well it seems as though as new applications come in their processing them and because we were tere early its almost like were at the bottom of the pile. My visa runs out in march was hopin to not have to fly back home but at this rate.....they dont really honor their "first come first served".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

Okay, so I got an email off them today which basically says the payment was received and that the paperwork has been sent on to the Visa Section. PDF letter attached says I'll be accepted or denied in the next 6 weeks. Seem like quite a long time but with the speed the rest of it has gone by hopefully it'll be a lot quicker than that.

I know quite a few people's forms aren't getting processed as fast, at this point I think I'm very lucky (queue me being refused) but I think it is all down to the person processing your paperwork. I'd say they have loads of employees given piles of paperwork, probably luck of the draw if you get an experienced one or not.

Anyway, anyone one at the same stage as me let me know. I'll post as soon as I hear something so that people get an idea of the timescale. Good luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

Colm
    I've never applied before so I leave it blank ? n/a ?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Colm
    I've never applied before so I leave it blank ? n/a ?

If it's your first application for a visa you leave it blank (or "unknown" if it won't let you validate), when you validate/print the form it will generate one on the printed page.

it's amazing that people don't read the instructions! Not giving out to you I just have 2 friends who keep asking me stupid questions and I'm starting to not like them anymore! :D

One of them was going to send their actual passport to London!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

@Wadju I'm freaking out - no confirmation of payment and I paid on the 10th and it still hasn't gone through? If I haven't gotten a confirmation by tomorrow I'll ring them I guess....although I don't know what I could have done wrong really!

I emailed them too but no response, freaking out!

EDIT: I'm such an idiot. Just contacted AIB and they said the funds went through instantly and that the reference that I put on the payment was 'Canadian Visa'. I got mixed up between the two boxes: message to appear on your statement, and reference. Such a fool - I emailed them again to say what had happened but they're SO slow in getting back that if I haven't received any word from them by Thursday I'm going to have to pay them again to avoid getting refused. SO annoying :((

• Advertisement

Tsukimi wrote: »
    @Wadju I'm freaking out - no confirmation of payment and I paid on the 10th and it still hasn't gone through? If I haven't gotten a confirmation by tomorrow I'll ring them I guess....although I don't know what I could have done wrong really!

I emailed them too but no response, freaking out!

EDIT: I'm such an idiot. Just contacted AIB and they said the funds went through instantly and that the reference that I put on the payment was 'Canadian Visa'. I got mixed up between the two boxes: message to appear on your statement, and reference. Such a fool - I emailed them again to say what had happened but they're SO slow in getting back that if I haven't received any word from them by Thursday I'm going to have to pay them again to avoid getting refused. SO annoying :((

What does the payment email say if you dont mind me asking? Im in canada already and just inquired at the bank how long a wire transfer would take to go through and they said it could take up to 3 weeks!!! Is there a timeline? The bank told me that the timeframe would be the same for all canadian banks...im just trying to be prepared i. Case they ever do process my application haha

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    What does the payment email say if you dont mind me asking? Im in canada already and just inquired at the bank how long a wire transfer would take to go through and they said it could take up to 3 weeks!!! Is there a timeline? The bank told me that the timeframe would be the same for all canadian banks...im just trying to be prepared i. Case they ever do process my application haha

3 weeks won't do! The payment e-mail requests the payment within 12 days.

It also says, if they don't receive payment within 12 days, that's your application gone, and you need to start again.

It's €105 and you need to cover the fee's to send it on your side... or they reject the application.

Maybe ask someone at home to do the transfer from an Irish bank a/c :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wavvie

Hey, for those of you who are in Canada and applying for a second visa, what the hell did ye put down for residence? Canada or Ireland? I mean, I live in Canada but I'm here on the working holiday visa so I'm not a resident.. and am still a resident of Ireland? Right? No? So confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i applied from canada last year and put down canada as residence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wavvie

Thanks Helix. Just filling in the forms now.. hoping everything is ok.. and a bit worried because the application form validated and I can see the barcode but the declaration form (as part of the 1st set of documents) doesn't generate a barcode when I validate it.. I just get a pop up saying "the form is valid"

Anyone else had any experience with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

BoI finally sent me the code I needed to activate the IEC as a beneficiary. Now, I've paid and sent my email.

Let's hope I don't have to wait too long, want to be back in Canada by the end of February.

Wavvie wrote: »
    Thanks Helix. Just filling in the forms now.. hoping everything is ok.. and a bit worried because the application form validated and I can see the barcode but the declaration form (as part of the 1st set of documents) doesn't generate a barcode when I validate it.. I just get a pop up saying "the form is valid"

Anyone else had any experience with this?

The barcode will come out when you print the form

• Registered Users Posts: 7 littlemoo

Howdy,

Just a couple of questions in regards in to Expierence Canada Visa,

1.)Does the visa start from the day i receive it?Or from the day i set foot in Canada?
    Like is i receive a letter saying iv succeeded in the visa April 23rd ,does it start from this date?

2.)How long is this visa? 1 year? 2?

3.)What is the total cost of the visa?And when does it need to be paid?

4.)When do i have to show proof of funds?Do i send it prior to going to Canada?Or on arrival?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

Hi,

In the middle of filling out forms and gather all required. I confused In the family information form, I have myself, hubby and kids filled in, do you have to fill in hubbys brothers and sisters??? My head in in a muddle with all the rights and wrongs at this point!

littlemoo wrote: »
    Howdy,

1.)Does the visa start from the day i receive it?Or from the day i set foot in Canada?
    Like is i receive a letter saying iv succeeded in the visa April 23rd ,does it start from this date?

Not 100% sure, but I think it begins when you set foot

1 year visa

€105, paid when they ask you to pay

4.)When do i have to show proof of funds?Do i send it prior to going to Canada?Or on arrival?

Proof of funds is part of the application, read more on the IEC website ;) (the guidelines will help)

Hope that helps

littlemoo wrote: »
    Howdy,

1) starts from when you set foot in canada, but must be used within a year of getting approved

2) 1 year

3) they'll send you an email asking for payment if you are approved, think it's around €110?

4) They ask on arrival, but probably won't. Just have a statement with you just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont you need proof of funds for the application? as in a signed or stamped thing from your bank saying you have $3k or more in cash money? you did last year anyway

Helix wrote: »
    dont you need proof of funds for the application? as in a signed or stamped thing from your bank saying you have $3k or more in cash money? you did last year anyway

Yeah you do, part of the application is having proof of funds... I photocopied a bank statement... seems to be fine so far :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

I'm an Irish student applying to the IEC initiative, I basically want to work in Vancouver for the Summer. I've filled out all the 'Application for work permit made outside of Canada' form, the 'IEC Application and Declarations form' and a few about my family etc, but I'm not sure if I have to fill out the 'Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada' form. It doesn't say that I have to in the IEC application section, but it does in the CIC guidelines. Do I have to send it as part of my application? It's all very confusing and frustrating :eek:

Helix wrote: »

Was part of the application last year, not this year.

Might ask for it on arrival but doubtful

• Advertisement

conorhaugh wrote: »
    I'm an Irish student applying to the IEC initiative, I basically want to work in Vancouver for the Summer. I've filled out all the 'Application for work permit made outside of Canada' form, the 'IEC Application and Declarations form' and a few about my family etc, but I'm not sure if I have to fill out the 'Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada' form. It doesn't say that I have to in the IEC application section, but it does in the CIC guidelines. Do I have to send it as part of my application? It's all very confusing and frustrating :eek:

Just stick to the step-by-step guide and you'll be fine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

leggit wrote: »
    Just stick to the step-by-step guide and you'll be fine! :D

Cheers!

Has anyone else transfered their money from within Canada? Im concerned with the bank telling me it could take more then 15 days... Does the payment have to be from an account in my name? I could have my brother send the payment from Ireland for me....? But it would be from his account...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Go Pack Go wrote: »
    I sent my application away on the 27th of December and still haven't had an email saying that they've recieved my application. Last year I had an email confirming this 2 days after it was sent. Is anyone else having this same problem? Is so frustrating, I got a new life I've rebuilt hanging by a thread. If I don't get this then I Literally have nowhere to live lol!

Im the same Go Pack Go!!! Im over here in Canada, sent my application on the 20th of December... (Tracking of course). Only got confirmation from IEC yesterday (16th Jan) that they received my application and Canada Post havent even updated there tracking information!!! They are ridiculous...

Now I have to wait for the payment email from IEC. Last Year this was all done within Days!!!! My visa expires now on the 23rd!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    Has anyone else transfered their money from within Canada? Im concerned with the bank telling me it could take more then 15 days... Does the payment have to be from an account in my name? I could have my brother send the payment from Ireland for me....? But it would be from his account...

i dont think it will take that long...ive transferred money from my canadian account to my irish account and its taken no longer than 2 days. Need to ensure that all the fees are paid by me this time though...i now banks over here have charges for everything

retalivity wrote: »
    i dont think it will take that long...ive transferred money from my canadian account to my irish account and its taken no longer than 2 days. Need to ensure that all the fees are paid by me this time though...i now banks over here have charges for everything

Do you mind me asking which canadian bank you use? My current bank (scotia) does not seem to know what they are doing. I transfered money to my irish account through them last week and it still hasnt even left my canadian account.....was thinking maybe id just open a new canadian account at a more reliable bank...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im with TD. done a wire transfer, which has a flat rate of $30, regardless of how much cash you're sending. Its a bit extortianate, and it cost me E10 to receive on the other side, but what can you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

UPDATE

Anyone heard anything back yet?? If so what kind of timeframe has it been since you applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

That boat trip looks great, thats all ya need! Im hoping to go road tripping to the states (il be living about 9 hours drive away) then re enter over the border with my letter. I need to look into it a bit more though. Im not sure if I need a tourist visa to enter the states...

Im going to get a return flight because its almost cheaper than a one way! Will be booking with gohop.ie . You should check them out if you havent booked already.

Sounds like you're on top of things anyway. Il be printing out that email I got from London aswel to lower the chance of them screwing me over! :P

Keep us updated :)

After much waiting, I have decided to abandon any informal correspondence with the London embassy whatsoever. It's a total nightmare trying to get answers from these guys, and you'd think a more efficient Q&A service would be in place. Who knows, maybe some of you have had a better experience than me. :confused:

Either way I've given up, and booked my flights to Canada, heading there in 2 weeks, on a standard 6 month UK-citizen holiday stay. From there I will be taking care of my visa application on the UK side. I've pretty much completed it now anyway, just need to send it off. And I imagine I'll be in the same position as you Speri, except you have an email reply!

For anyone in a similar situation, may I draw your attention to the following passages from the IEC website FAQ section...
    I am in Canada/in another country. Can I participate to the IEC initiative without coming back to United Kingdom?

If your usual place of residence is United Kingdom and you are temporarily out of the country, you may apply from the country in which you are. You can download the participation kit on our website and send your completed application by mail to the address indicated in the instructions. If your application is accepted, you will receive your Letter of Introduction by email. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country with this letter and present it to an Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry (i.e. a border crossing) in order to obtain your new work permit.

This pretty much answered my question. I will print this off at least. Not as good as a personalised email but from my understand is exactly what situation I am in.

Good luck to you all. And for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 littlemoo

Oh epic!Thanks so much for you answers,less confused now!!
    OHHHH all excited :)

Advertisement