Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tablet in NY - Budget is €650

Options
  • 02-09-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi, looking to get a decent tablet in NY next week (probably in BestBuy).

The Asus Transformer Infinity is good but only has 1Gb of Ram.

Is there any other now models out now?

Cheers for any help
    Karl

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

what are your requirements?
    size screen?
    storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Any of them. They're pretty much all very similar for browsing, email, streaming, games etc.

Personally I would go for Android over Apple as everything integrates better with Google but if you're not tied into Google heavily then either would work although the iPad is more expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

for 270usd you can get a nexus 7 that was released last month - so you'll save 400 euro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

650 Euro on a tablet!? That's crazy money... you'll get a laptop or a custom built PC for that money. But yeah, +1 for the Nexus 7. It can't be beaten price wise for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Asus have the latest version of the infinity coming out in 2 days, ill scope that.

Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

big budget so plenty buying power......imho bestbuy's full name = notthebestbuy shop around...I find this crowd beat their price most of the time unless its a special in bestbuy, http://www.microcenter.com only used the cambridge boston shop. they will usually at least price match / throw in somthing too. might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

+1 for the Nexus 7, I bought it as an impulse buy but I'm finding it way better than my Asus Transformer Prime.

I find the big tabs are just to big for the likes of lying on the couch and stuff. The 7 inch is just so much more versatile!

I'd buy a nice Ultra Book and a Nexus 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Cheers poitinstill, good site.

Advertisement