Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Marks prices

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

Depends on the salon...full head below shoulder no cut, about 125-140€. with cut approx 160€-200€, again salon dependent. I go to valentino in Stephen's Green. Senior olour guy called Patrick is very good, he actually listens to what you want from a colour, and always instructs the trainees to go right into the root with the colour..so no dark roots leaving the salon if you're blonde like me.,have been in other places before and was not happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

go to patrick in stephen's green valentino...he will put in more than the 80 packets they are supposed to put in if it's a lightening you want..very happy with him....and does a great blowdry as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

A woman I know and her brother went to Peter Mark for a haircut each and they had very different hair going in but came out with more or less the same layered 'do! They were embarassed to be seen together til it grew out! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

one was enough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Orlee wrote: »
    I suppose Toni and Guy/David Marshell/ Joseph Kramer? Cant think of any more

Don't have any experience with Joseph Kramer but Toni and Guy and David Marshells are great. they make you feel like they know what they're doing and I always come out happy.

Joseph Kramer is great. I've never had a colour done, but their cuts are always excellent and they last for ages. They also did my upstyle for the debs and it was perfect. I recommend Agnes and Lisa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Orlee wrote: »
    I can't stand Peter Marks They're rubbish and I never got what I asked for so I started going to Toni and Guy and they were brill but it was getting a bit expensive so then I started going to the L'Oreal academy. My friends uncle works there and he said that they were really good so I thought I'd at least try it out and I love it now. Im forever there. Cuts are free, your first colour is free and then €20 after that.

Basically they have classes going all the time and when you call they'll tell you what ones are coming up. So basically you make an appointment with them. When you do you'll have to go in for a skin test at least a day before the class just so they know youre not allergic to the dyes. I've had my hair cut and coloured there so many times and never had any complaints. There is always a L'Oreal Technician there to keep an eye on everything and they really know what they're doing - a couple of times they've had Technicians from London, New York and California. The take it really seriously so don't worry - you won't come out hairless or something!

There are different classes depending on what you'd like done - Go for a fashion techniques class if you're looking for something a bit different - like red/pink/blue/bleaching or a mullet?! Or then there's the basic classes where you can just get your hair trimmed/layers or a basic all over colour. I've had my hair every colour under the sun at this stage and they do it really tastefully. They'll give you a full consultation beforehand and really talk through what you would like.

The number is 01 6045900 and it's in the building opposite where the Red Box is - the green line luas stops tight outside.

Anyway - Just thought I'd pass on the info incase anyone might be interested :)

Does anyone else have experience with here, have just started the process of going from brunette to blonde and seeing as it will take me about 3 more sets of all over hi-lights to get to the colour i want the prices here sound great,. so would love to hear from people to have experience (good or bad) with here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Twee. wrote: »
    Joseph Kramer is great. I've never had a colour done, but their cuts are always excellent and they last for ages. They also did my upstyle for the debs and it was perfect. I recommend Agnes and Lisa.

I got my haircut in Joseph Kramer on Wicklow Street a couple of months back, it was quite long so I got a fair bit cut off, but I noticed after I left that I was all frayed, like I was left with loads (really LOADS) of split ends, she must've used a blunt scissors or something. I had to go elsewhere to get it cut again so was left with hair much shorter than I wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Im posting this on all forums on barbering as i was so impressed with this place. Its GMALE in Ranelagh and its only 20 euro for a haircut and you get a free beer or coffee/tea and you can watch any tv channel of your chioce on your own plasma or if your in the waiting area you can play the xbox on a bigger plasma. The haircut and hot towel shave is very good.The service overall is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 offaly lily

this is the best hairdressers i have ever been to and ive gone to alot tried every colour under the sun every style, i basically ruined my hair!! untill i went here and my stylist Garth is a gifted hairdresser with a manner to go with it!!! so ladies if u want to change your hairdresser go to peter marks in the ilac centre all the staff are brillant and their prices are great!!!:):);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

As far as I know Peter Marks have a website www.petermark.ie (Ithink).

Prices should be on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

20% off highlights tints & colours til June 28th! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lively-Blonde

hey all been flicking through this thread and basically the jist im getting is the standard and quality of peter mark salons differs greatly from stylist to stylist in their salons..

I've been to peter mark on grafton st and got a cut, cant say much about the atmosphere of the place i'm used to more smiley happy faces in salons but i was happy with cut they listened to what i asked for. however twas a bit on the dear side think it came to around 60 yo-yos but i have fairly long hair so i suppose that was probably why.

now im getting highlights and a cut but in the branch on o'connell st just wondering what people thought of this particular branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

hey all been flicking through this thread and basically the jist im getting is the standard and quality of peter mark salons differs greatly from stylist to stylist in their salons..

I've been to peter mark on grafton st and got a cut, cant say much about the atmosphere of the place i'm used to more smiley happy faces in salons but i was happy with cut they listened to what i asked for. however twas a bit on the dear side think it came to around 60 yo-yos but i have fairly long hair so i suppose that was probably why.

now im getting highlights and a cut but in the branch on o'connell st just wondering what people thought of this particular branch?

I like the O'Connell St branch.
    Trevor in there is excellent, he coloured and cut my hair last time I was there about a month or so ago and have no complaints. He listened to what I wanted and made good recommendations. I was delighted with my new look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

katy_00 wrote: »
    has anyone any views on peter marks in st. stephens green????

I'm going there this w/e. There's a few good stylists there apparently.

I go to Kim, she's brilliant. I get wash, cut, semi-permanent colour and blow-dry, it's €95 without the 20% off, short hair. My friend goes to her as well and gets blonde highlights on long hair..so she's versatile anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mccy02

I go to Kim, she's brilliant. I get wash, cut, semi-permanent colour and blow-dry, it's €95 without the 20% off, short hair. My friend goes to her as well and gets blonde highlights on long hair..so she's versatile anyway.[/quote]

rang to get kim (after super recommendations) and she doesn't work there anymore - does anyone know where she works now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Peter Marks ruins hair. My sister tried 3 separate times to get her hair layered there and each time they made a complete mess of it. She tried 3 different senior stylists and none remotely succeeded. I myself tried once and also was unhappy with the result. /rant. lol.
    U cant really make generalisations like that.. peter m are all over the country and have hundreds of stylists...

Their prices do vary vastly as it depends on how much rent their paying... a good example is the difference between the salons on main st Dundrum and the Town Centre..

I go to them all the time, altho in one salon she wrecked my hair so i went to someone else...it all depends on the person not the chain, IMO anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Some posts have mentioned going to salons other than petermark, the funny thing is most stylists in Ireland were trained by them. The last post is correct though you need to find a stylist that suits you and stick with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Recession Buster Blonde

Personally I love this little hair salon off Parnell st called YES. I have had my hair done there about five time's in the past two years and never have I had to complain once about the end result. for a full restyle it cost's about €70 and they do some really great cut's. I have even brought a couple of friend's there and they agree that it's amazing. They can do anything in there.

I have never liked the peter mark's cut's or color's. I guess I've just never had a good experience with them. So most of the place's I went before I found YES were all small little salon's around Blanchardstown. Good value for money.

Irishharpie have you tried gettin colour done there?? Im so sick of high prices but I'm very fussy with my blonde hair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CALLY0412

Hello can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Naas as I am fairly new to the area dont really know where to go to get a decent haircut and colour ( I'm female btw) TIA

I have been going to Dee in the Naas Peter Mark and have had colour and cut done with her.. Lots of different styles too and have never come away unhappy..

She's great.. Highly recommended!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

lala stone wrote: »
    U cant really make generalisations like that.. peter m are all over the country and have hundreds of stylists...

Their prices do vary vastly as it depends on how much rent their paying... a good example is the difference between the salons on main st Dundrum and the Town Centre..

I go to them all the time, altho in one salon she wrecked my hair so i went to someone else...it all depends on the person not the chain, IMO anyway

I completely agree its all about the stylist not the salon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I completely agree its all about the stylist not the salon!

I had my hair ruined at Peter Marks aswell and it was by the head stylist there!! It was around 8 or 9 years ago now and i've cut my own hair ever since, I brought in a pic and I couldn't have been clearer about what I wanted but I ended up with a horrible style, I was so upset :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mellissak

I,ve just found out Patrick left valentino. hes working in a salon called Kazumi in molesworth street if anyones looking for him. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

Does anyone know how much peter mark wilton Cork charge for a wash cut and blowdry? haven't been for a while but got a gift card for xmas . No particular stylist required

thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please do not reopen old threads.

Thread locked

Your best bet is just to phone them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement