Den 2: Return of the Chattening [Off Topic Chat] - Page 560 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-10-2014, 13:41   #8386
Slow Show

We got a letter about water charges (it has the logo thing on the outside of the envelope) in the post to our (college) house last week and it's just sitting on the floor unopened and no one knows what to do about it. Being a responsible adult is great.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-10-2014, 13:42   #8387
pajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoy101 View Post
We were crippled and people in Ireland have very short memories.
I didn't vote FG, my conscience is clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnolan1992 View Post
I support water charges in theory. Water costs money to supply, get over it.

But Irish Water has been a complete and utter cluster-f*ck since Day 1, and the majority of the blame for that lies with the current coalition IMO. They basically seem to be making crap up as they go along, and charging exorbitant prices to pay for their own set up.

It sort of comes across as the first LPT round 2. Charge something stupid and unfair for the first year, then figure it out properly. As opposed to figuring it out properly before charging anything...
I'd definitely agree. Quality drinking water is a finite resource which costs money to supply. On the October 1st my sister, who lives in Edinburgh texted me asking 'why do Irish people think they're so special??'. I did retort that she has and always will pay a flat charge for water in Scotland.. but anywhoo..

What I mainly hate is the attitude of 'ah sure they'll just pay it anyway' and proverbially keep kicking people while their down. My mum was raging earlier (and rightly so) that 2015 LPT and the first water bill are being charged and have to be paid at about the same time.

Aaand I was just shouting at Brendan Howlin on the radio in the car, when he said that he didn't the people in Irish water had 'an appetite for bonuses' atm. I call utter bs. If someone puts a cheque for €7000 down in front of you, you're going to take it.

It's our future folks.
30-10-2014, 14:25   #8388
CTYIgirl
#firstworldproblems

I've no issue with paying for water, because it's going to have to happen. But the charges are so much more expensive than any comparative country in Europe. I DETEST this bloody system.
30-10-2014, 14:57   #8389
deise_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Show View Post
We got a letter about water charges (it has the logo thing on the outside of the envelope) in the post to our (college) house last week and it's just sitting on the floor unopened and no one knows what to do about it. Being a responsible adult is great.
We're the exact same lol except we opened it and just said nah
Too many questions that no ones bothered finding out the answer for
30-10-2014, 20:15   #8390
Slow Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by deise_girl View Post
We're the exact same lol except we opened it and just said nah
Too many questions that no ones bothered finding out the answer for
The same thing happened with the TV license too, eight days later and we apparently had a time span of five days to sort it...

Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion