Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I had a ****e friday the 13th. I work in retail and had a man come in and tell total and utter lies to my boss about a conversation we had. I only remember the conversation because he was such an a-hole the first time round. Seriously. Bleh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that is keeping me going is the thought that in august I can get away from Ireland and ****ty retail jobs (fingers and toes crossed). I can't wait to get across the pond. I have a decent degree and a good masters qualification. I should not have to put up with this ****e. I would be sitting on the dole right now if I could but for the lack of things to do would drive me bonkers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I have a decent degree and a good masters qualification. I should not have to put up with this ****e.
    I have a decent degree and a masters and have to work with the public (mainly assholes) too. I feel your pain.
    I don't want to leave Ireland (YET!) which is why I'm probably going back to college so I can do something about my current situation apart from complain! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I need 10,000 so I can get a gastric band..

donations welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just back from babysitting the most gorgeous little boy ever! Certainly makes me clucky, even the hour he spent inconsolable due to teething pain didn't dampen the cluckiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I bought new whiskey tumbler glasses earlier and am test driving one now, its full of goodness. new house is fun, its nice having company and the house is big enough that we're not on top of each other all the time, pub time, woo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I need 10,000 so I can get a gastric band..

donations welcome!

Gastric band? :-/

Nooo, Sar_Bear- gastric bands are evil! :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Things that irk me that are not worth even thinking about #76

People referring to The Book of Love as a Peter Gabriel song.

I just want to shove 69 Love Songs into their little hands and tell them, "Here, let this alter you." But, what if it doesn't? So I press it to my breast and hold it's beauty and subversion next to my heart. All for me.

(I'm tipsy)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Posy...was your avatar always wearing a hat or am I losing my mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Posy, yeeess!
    Gyms, diet pills, walking, nothing works & it makes me cry at least once a day :( even gone down the route of not eatin & had a brush with an eating disorder...

it's a last resort :(

So... Donation? :D

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Posy...was your avatar always wearing a hat or am I losing my mind?
    Heehee.. it's an Easter hat. She'll take it off next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Posy, yeeess!
    Gyms, diet pills, walking, nothing works & it makes me cry at least once a day :( even gone down the route of not eatin & had a brush with an eating disorder...

Have you dealt with the psychological aspects as well as the physical?

Bariatric surgery isn't as fail-safe as it tends to be made out to be. Just make sure you're really well informed before making any decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Posy wrote: »
    I have a decent degree and a masters and have to work with the public (mainly assholes) too. I feel your pain.
    I don't want to leave Ireland (YET!) which is why I'm probably going back to college so I can do something about my current situation apart from complain! :p

Posy, I just spent all of my cash to do this course. :eek:
    Unfortunately for me I'm gonna have to leave. The only "upskilling" I can do will cost me a fortune. I wish i could do something other than complain :(

The future is looking bright though, at least if I leave I'll be able to save loads, I wanna start saving for my dream house... yummy double door walk in wardrobe! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Posy, yeeess!

So... Donation? :D

Gastric bands should never be any resort! They can lead to complications, even after years of it working fine and may not even work!

I've a feeling I'm going to sound like a bitch now but I mean this in the nicest way possible, looking at your posts you do eat more than your fair share of crap food, your not going to get your weight down by eating this stuff.

here's a good place to start learning how to eat.

I'm really tired so keeping things short, but you don't have to feel so crap about your body anymore, you have the ability to change it, you just need to learn the best way to eat for you, hint it's not going to be filled with processed, low fat, high sugar, comes in a box/packet kinda of food, it'll be more like vegtables, fish, meat, natural oils and fats(not veg oil) fruit, some nuts not so much the chocolate cakes and like(I had to bring up cakes again:o) if you can eat 80%or 90% of the healthy food and then have one meal of what you fancy then great.

Feeling you may have stopped reading by now, I think I'm even too tired to listen to myself I've no idea what I just wrote or if it makes sense :o

Almost sleepy time for me, just one more post then laptop is being switched off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why is it I wake up even earlier on my days off? 6am? Seriously?

Wonder if Honey and Krudler got a kiss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Ooh yes, gossip reports please! :)

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Ooh yes, gossip reports please! :)
    And make it good people. And if it wasn't good, make it up :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Things that irk me that are not worth even thinking about #76

People referring to The Book of Love as a Peter Gabriel song.

I thought you were complaining about it not being a love song when I read this. And then I quoted it and realised you weren't. I was going to rant about people thinking that REM song is a love song or people thinking "I'm looking for something stupid to do: I want to marry you" is romantic

but I'm not going to un quote it so there we are! :pac:

Fringe is on now yayyyyyy :D:D:D

I cannot believe I'm in work already and I don't finish until 9.30pm. Waaah.

Posy wrote: »
    I cannot believe I'm in work already and I don't finish until 9.30pm. Waaah.
    Jesus that's a long shift. What do you do?

Bluey, show us your fringe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In work at 9.30, still in bed.... REALLY would like to stay here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Woke up at like 6:30 - got two cramps in my leg. I'd forgotten how painful they were! Now my legs are all sore....

I also made oatcakes :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kiera wrote: »

new Fringe!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

^ ^

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

i was talking about the tv show in the first place :(

bluewolf wrote: »
    Kiera wrote: »

new Fringe!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/
    I'm such a knob!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    I thought you were complaining about it not being a love song when I read this. And then I quoted it and realised you weren't. I was going to rant about people thinking that REM song is a love song or people thinking "I'm looking for something stupid to do: I want to marry you" is romantic

but I'm not going to un quote it so there we are! :pac:

Fringe is on now yayyyyyy :D:D:D

Hee hee. I was on a Magnetic Fields love rant.

How could I not love an album with a song called "How fcuking romantic," on it? It's impossible.

Can't wait for Friiiinnnnnnnggggge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Studying is going well, woo. I'm PUMPED today, totally motivated and this shít is getting DONE! RAWR!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Had such a fun night last night :) danced the night away, met some lovely new boardsies too :D:D

My legs and feet hurt and the cycle into work didn't help my poor legs...

• Advertisement

Studying is going well, woo. I'm PUMPED today, totally motivated and this shít is getting DONE! RAWR!

can i have some motivation too ive done an hour and im sleepy now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement