Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do balls age in storage? Wondering can I use an old ball.

• 29-01-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I used to bowl when I was younger & I've recently started bowling in a league again. The ball I used to used has been in an attic for almost 10 years. Would it still be ok to use. I'd rather not buy a ball yet until I see if I get into it more seriously again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just buy some ball cleaner in your local pro-shop or on ebay, should clean up pretty well.
    avoid the temptation to cut corners with dettox or anything like that, I tried it once and the ball was as sticky as anything, and almost impossible to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, as the groutch says, get it cleaned. If it's an old fashioned urethane (not reactive urethane) ball with a sanded finish then you could always get it sanded back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Thanks guys. Got it out of the attic and will get it cleaned up.

Advertisement