Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Russel Crowe

Options
  • 12-11-2002 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I saw him in Limerick yesterday. He was going around to all Richard Harris's favourite pubs. I was a bit wary of stopping to talk to him. I know he's not very fond of celebrity.

I met Harris on the street nearby a couple of years ago as well. Limerick is getting more galmorous than Hollywood Boulevard. ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Good decision, given his penchant for "foightin' reuwnd the wuuuhld".
    That South park episode was all true, btw. They all are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I read in the paper that he was visiting all the pubs Harris used to frequent, don't think he's bought a house in Ireland though.
    Wise move not approaching him, he's supposed to be really arrogant.
    For example, some stupid waiter in the states asked him would he be making a sequel to A Beautiful Mind. Fair enough, it's a stupid question but Crowe lost his temper and told the waiter he was an idiot and he'd be looking for a sequel to his job if he didn't leave him alone!!!
    Not very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, in Limerick city centre now (well, I'm at home and that's the same thing). No lectures till 12 so I've half an hour to figure out where I parked before pushing off.

If I see him, I'll run up behind him, shout "caw caw", flap my wings^H^H^H^H^H arms and ask him how Meg Ryan was in the sack

Tomorrow's exclusive in the Irish Mirror: "Limerick waster says movie star beat the crap out him for no reason"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well I wouldn't blame him being pissed. I have no business talking to him anyway.

They were redirecting traffic on a street nearby 2 days ago. The might be filming some tribute for Harris. He used to go to school in the building where the Limerick Tutorial now is.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Kalina
    told the waiter he was an idiot and he'd be looking for a sequel to his job if he didn't leave him alone!!!

hahaha man he is my idol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah that sounds quite funny actually................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Yeah that's a classic line.

Advertisement