Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Development of kickstarter style site

Options
  • 13-04-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have an idea for a website that I am considering pursuing.

To sum up the site, it would be very similar to fund-it, except not related in any way to music/film/gaming/arts etc. It would be users looking for funding for items they need.

A very important part of my site would be the ability to contribute to a users fund by spending phone credit/texting. An impulse fund I suppose.

I know, quite vague, but I'm just wondering if anybody could give me a ballpark figure for developing such a kickstarter/fund-it style site, or even some advice on how feasible/difficult such a site is to put together. Is it possible for such a site to be developed within something like Squarespace or Shopify? Or is it something that needs a traditional web development company to produce?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulgrogan

Annnd somehow I've managed to post this to the wrong forum, sorry! Mods maybe you could move this to the relevant forum, sorry about that.

Advertisement