Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "AAARGH! EXAMS!!" thread

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

i think its july! mate!

steve curtin here by the way!:D:D

Alright, lad. As screwed as I am? :D

Edit: What dates are the re-sit's on usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

one more...... tomorrow, can i get a woop woop!! seriously hope i passed them!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

one more...... tomorrow, can i get a woop woop!! seriously hope i passed them!:o

woop woop;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

4 down and 4 to go for me. Its a long old month!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Wooooooop! :D

• Advertisement

I'm all done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

sh sh! :o

I have 4 more to go! 6 done already...cant wait for it to be over....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

7 down, 3 to go.
    Monday's Multivariable Calculus was epic. Question 2 must have been the easiest, sexiest and most delicious question in exam history. So at least I'll have one good result at then end of an otherwise disappointing month.

Differential Equations is up next on Friday. It's a subject I've never been strong at, so much study will need to be done tonight, tomorrow and Friday morning to get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

Alan Smith wrote: »
    Alright, lad. As screwed as I am? :D

Edit: What dates are the re-sit's on usually?

i m not too sure exactly bud!
    one left tomro!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

i m not too sure exactly bud!
    one left tomro!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Only three left for me :o
    Another lad told me it's free to repeat too. Hoepfully because it's only finding the money for it that I'm worried about. Not failed anything yet but I'm seriously worried about philosophy next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TravelGirlCork

To all you students out there - stop trying to predict questions and stop trying to predict what will come up!!!!!!! It means that you are picking sections of your course for exam purposes instead of understanding your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭titan18

To all you students out there - stop trying to predict questions and stop trying to predict what will come up!!!!!!! It means that you are picking sections of your course for exam purposes instead of understanding your course.

It has to be done I'm afraid.It would be nice if we didnt have to do it, but no one likes to study so we predict.That and passing exams is more important than understanding something I may never use after the course.Do psychology as part of my course, there is no point of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

titan18 wrote: »
    It has to be done I'm afraid.It would be nice if we didnt have to do it, but no one likes to study so we predict.That and passing exams is more important than understanding something I may never use after the course.Do psychology as part of my course, there is no point of it

Learning everything in the course just isnt feasible. If its not coming up in the exam there isnt much point in learning the information. Time is a precious commodity, no point wasting it near exam time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Yeah I agree with the above, it would be impossible to learn every single thing like! Tho some subjects like Government in my course, you could guess very easily what is comin up, but with others like Economics you really have to go through it all. I had 10 subjects this year so I really would have had no life if I tried and learned everything! :O

Anyway, back to the exams...
    Had Economics and Government today and did fairly well so I'm happy :)

Only one more and that's the hardest, Accounting :( Have a few days to study tho so hopefully I can pass it.

Also, to all those that are finished, can you stop repeating that fact in the exam hall, its annoying as hell if you still have some left!!!:mad:
    /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well i finished on friday and i'm delighted it's over... walked back to college from the neptune so by the time i got there i was very thirsty!:D

good luck with the rest of the exams lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Yeah I agree with the above, it would be impossible to learn every single thing like! Tho some subjects like Government in my course, you could guess very easily what is comin up, but with others like Economics you really have to go through it all. I had 10 subjects this year so I really would have had no life if I tried and learned everything! :O

Anyway, back to the exams...
    Had Economics and Government today and did fairly well so I'm happy :)

Only one more and that's the hardest, Accounting :( Have a few days to study tho so hopefully I can pass it.

Also, to all those that are finished, can you stop repeating that fact in the exam hall, its annoying as hell if you still have some left!!!:mad:
    /rant

Thats definatley the Comm European timetable anyway,had that double header last year, awful stuff!

Didn't know that the 1st year Comm Euros got Fagan this year though???? We had a Dermot O Connell last year, he was nearly as bad as Fagan, not as strange though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

That would be nice if possible, but when you're examined by an end-of-year written paper then it's not practical. You have to narrow down your focus majorly because you have only so much time. At the end of the day, your results are what will count towards your degree. It's all very leaving-certy-learning-by-rote I'm afraid.

If they had more continuous assessment of modules then students would be less pressurised into predicting questions and maybe focus a bit more on the material as a whole.

(Although I'm sure some courses allow for this, it certainly ain't the case in science, which is all I've experience with.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I HAVE ONE MORE EXAM LEFT!!! done 9th exam today!
    I cant wait to be free....:p
    What about ye?

Same As wrote: »
    Thats definatley the Comm European timetable anyway,had that double header last year, awful stuff!

Didn't know that the 1st year Comm Euros got Fagan this year though???? We had a Dermot O Connell last year, he was nearly as bad as Fagan, not as strange though!

Someone as bad as Fagan?? IMPOSSIBLE!!
    He really lives up to the stereotype of a stingy, sad accountant as well... I have a friend working in Tesco, and Fagan tried to bring back a loaf of bread he got on discount after he had eaten half of it! Absolutely horrible man.

Have his exam 2moro and absolutely dreading it, fully expect to fail :(

Have his exam 2moro and absolutely dreading it, fully expect to fail :(

How'd you get on? :)

• Advertisement

How'd you get on? :)

It was better than I thought! I may have scraped a pass I hope! :)

SO happy its over now, I can look forward to summer in France now! :D
    (hopefully I won't have to come back in August for repeats :o)

Advertisement