Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "AAARGH! EXAMS!!" thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Above the main restaurant.

Ah naturally...and this 'main restaurant' would be where exactly?
    And you're a UCC mod??! :pac: :D

I have such an intimate knowledge of UCC and its fine eateries that I know not to go anywhere near any of them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah the main rest, the finest purveyors of haute-cuisine you'll find outside of Paris.
    And here it is, in all it's rustic glory. Notice the elegant, beautifully designed Kane building looming over the horizon like a monolithic Godzilla.
    image,186,en.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

their soup is the only thing i have ever dared to try......:D

their soup with complementary urine is the only thing i have ever dared to try......:D

Fixed that for you...

See, I'm a very helpful moderator. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well, 3 down, 7 more to go...
    Linear Algebra yesterday was ok. Could have been a lot worse.
    Fourier Methods today didn't go so well. Paper was tougher than previous years imo but I think I did just enough to pass (had a fairly good continous assessment, thank God.)

Tomorrow is Astrophysics. It could either go spectacularly well or end in complete disaster. :pac: Then after 4 exams in a row I'm free until next Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Have 6 in total. Two done and four to go. Don't finish until 29th though even though I've two weeks off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Alan Smith wrote: »
    Have 6 in total. Two done and four to go.

Same here....except I'm finished on the 20th :D

Tuesday, Friday, Monday and it'll all be over at 12.30 Wed 20th..:cool:

Taking today off....think I'll go to KC's:P nom nom

Is there anyone here doing 'Science and Religion' on Monday, because I haven't a clue whats coming up. The conflict thesis for the compulsory question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭kueef

meeayz wrote: »
    I don't know anyone that has anything good to say about it !
    Staying awake was a struggle :rolleyes:
    Ya, I hope woman come up !
    Must brush up on cu chulainn now that you mention him ! "Window on the iron age" is likely as well , but I have no idea how to answer that :confused:

how did it go?:eek::eek::eek:
    at least vercingetorix came up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Alan Smith wrote: »
    Have 6 in total. Two done and four to go. Don't finish until 29th though even though I've two weeks off :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure if having a load of time off is a blessing or a curse. I have a week off before my last exam, but if the month off is anything to go by, I won't study. Still though, 3 down 6 to go. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Aodan83 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if having a load of time off is a blessing or a curse. I have a week off before my last exam, but if the month off is anything to go by, I won't study. Still though, 3 down 6 to go. :pac:

2 down... 8 to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

3 down, 3 to go so half way there:) Monday morning is the big one though, hence my studying at this hour of the morning.:(

My bed is looking awfully appealling right now:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 meeayz

kueef wrote: »
    how did it go?:eek::eek::eek:
    at least vercingetorix came up

First part went fine.... done my 2 Qs , v. happy:) . 2nd exam ..... I literally died and came back to life in the exam hall , when I turned the page...... It was MYTH... :eek::eek::eek: How the f*** did I not cop on ?? I now remember her saying "don't mix the exams up " I didn't have a clue , was planning on studying that nxt week , cause have the week off, wrote like 10 lines:( !! How did you get on ?

2 down... 8 to go :(
    Don't worry, ones marketing. That's supposd to be piss easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Don't worry, ones marketing. That's supposd to be piss easy.

Yeah but there's 7 other ones!!!

I have business maths 2moro, prob my best subject so I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm really worried bout French tho, the next day. At least it's only worth 40% and I shud be able to scrape a pass. Not good if half my course is French and I'm **** at it! :S

Yeah but there's 7 other ones!!!

I have business maths 2moro, prob my best subject so I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm really worried bout French tho, the next day. At least it's only worth 40% and I shud be able to scrape a pass. Not good if half my course is French and I'm **** at it! :S
    You didnt think through the french part of Comm and french, did you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

I dont start until friday strangely.. Still havent actually studied and didnt attend too well during term 2 either... buggerooo!

I still have time right?!
    Have 6 exams, 2 english, 2 philosophy and 2 politics. dreading english!

First part went fine.... done my 2 Qs , v. happy:) . 2nd exam ..... I literally died and came back to life in the exam hall , when I turned the page...... It was MYTH... :eek::eek::eek: How the f*** did I not cop on ?? I now remember her saying "don't mix the exams up " I didn't have a clue , was planning on studying that nxt week , cause have the week off, wrote like 10 lines:( !! How did you get on ?

omg you made that mistake too!!!:eek:
    i realised it at about midnight thurs night!!! i couldnt believe it!
    i had NOTHING done for it as i was going to study for it next week!!
    i was cramming all day fri!!! i was able to write an answer to the questions but im not too sure if i made up the "facts" lol!! :P hey at least we are sorted (well......) for next week anyway.
    i started off doing question 1. that was about comparing characters i chose dagdae and brigit.. after a paragraph i realised i didnt know anything about them:rolleyes: so switched to druids.. oh well
    oh and i did supernatural dimensions in kingship... i bascially talked about the dagdae being king of eirú and having magical powers... :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I have figured that for gepgraphy, I only need about 10% in each section to pass :D that shouldn't be too hard, although I don't know much at all for economic geography.

And depending how i've done in my last ary history slide test, I've pretty much already passed! Life isn't so hard! :p

roberta c wrote: »
    I dont start until friday strangely.. Still havent actually studied and didnt attend too well during term 2 either... buggerooo!

I still have time right?!
    Have 6 exams, 2 english, 2 philosophy and 2 politics. dreading english!
    There is always time. You have all week any way, so if you start now, youll have it all done for thursday.

• Advertisement

omg you made that mistake too!!!:eek:
    i realised it at about midnight thurs night!!! i couldnt believe it!
    i had NOTHING done for it as i was going to study for it next week!!
    i was cramming all day fri!!! i was able to write an answer to the questions but im not too sure if i made up the "facts" lol!! :P hey at least we are sorted (well......) for next week anyway.
    i started off doing question 1. that was about comparing characters i chose dagdae and brigit.. after a paragraph i realised i didnt know anything about them:rolleyes: so switched to druids.. oh well
    oh and i did supernatural dimensions in kingship... i bascially talked about the dagdae being king of eirú and having magical powers... :confused::confused:

Omg you did too , I felt soo stupid afterwards:o Your lucky you thought of it !!! I tried my best to remeber lectures but all I could remeber was looking at the clock and doodling :rolleyes: I attemted the same 1s as you , they would of been fine Qs if I had studied it :(!! I made most of the stuff up tho , i think I'll definitly have to do the repeat in august because of that now ! Maybe if we do an excellent Lit... exam , they might pass us .... ( doubt it , but try anyway ) :(:( I did terrible continous assesments:o... the outlook dosen't look good !!

Omg you did too , I felt soo stupid afterwards:o Your lucky you thought of it !!! I tried my best to remeber lectures but all I could remeber was looking at the clock and doodling :rolleyes: I attemted the same 1s as you , they would of been fine Qs if I had studied it :(!! I made most of the stuff up tho , i think I'll definitly have to do the repeat in august because of that now ! Maybe if we do an excellent Lit... exam , they might pass us .... ( doubt it , but try anyway ) :(:( I did terrible continous assesments:o... the outlook dosen't look good !!

i failed all 3 assesments:eek:.....
    ill have to do an excelent lit exam!
    i assume the celtic civ exams are given as 1 result?
    like if we fail mythology and do good over all will that bring us up?

or must u pass all

i failed all 3 assesments:eek:.....
    ill have to do an excelent lit exam!
    i assume the celtic civ exams are given as 1 result?
    like if we fail mythology and do good over all will that bring us up?

or must u pass all

Ya I did terrible in them as well ! If we fail 1 of them , we have to repeat all 3 :mad: . They said 20-30 ppl fail every year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

Ya I did terrible in them as well ! If we fail 1 of them , we have to repeat all 3 :mad: . They said 20-30 ppl fail every year :(

ya me two only passed the one! Does anyone know that if we pass all our exams and do shocking the continuous assessment do we fail?

ps it sound s kinda silly but that docharataigh one is a real joke of a woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Just had Business Finance (Sounds impressive eh?:P)
    So happy I'm halfway now!
    :pac::D:pac:

Think ill go outside:cool:

ya me two only passed the one! Does anyone know that if we pass all our exams and do shocking the continuous assessment do we fail?

ps it sound s kinda silly but that docharataigh one is a real joke of a woman!

I don't think we'll fail cause of the continous assesment , it's worth 20% per module and summer exam is 80% per module , just have to do well in the summer exams to scrape a pass !
    omg , i know:eek: I despised her from the start , imagine being married to her :eek: ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

3 down and 7 to go....first two was erm tough...then today is not too bad! I cant wait for 28th of May!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

I don't think we'll fail cause of the continous assesment , it's worth 20% per module and summer exam is 80% per module , just have to do well in the summer exams to scrape a pass !
    omg , i know:eek: I despised her from the start , imagine being married to her :eek: ....

Ya she was a real pain.. turned me off the subject.. tho she had her moments when some student would leave early into a lecture she would crack!! :L

How did your assessments go? i failed two and passed one! i think ive done well in the exams so far tho! touch wood>:o:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

is anyone preparing themselves for 1st year history on friday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rebel6

How ye fixed for core history,Vikings?
    What have ye looked at for them?
    Also tourism in geog?

Advertisement