Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dabs.ie problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

So 43 days later they have finally processed my order and sent it.......43 days late!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

I originally placed an order for a laptop on the 11th May. The Credit card stopped payment as it was "an unusual transaction". I then confirmed that it was my card and i authorise the transaction but for some reason Dabs had cancelled the order entirely. On the 24th I placed another order and paid in full immediately including and this was confirmed by dabs.ie, 3-4 days delivery time. Today is the 9th of June, sixteen days since the order. I have sent numerous emails to Dabs about this issue but to no avail. I was refunded the cost of the delivery but this makes no difference, i needed the laptop quickly, as i was going abroad. It seems that once an item is paid for on dabs, their attitude is that “we have the business, job done” This is a mockery. On Dabs.ie, an Irish address, they advertise the use of Parcelforce, who do not operate outside of the UK. This took me 3 phone calls to find out and that it is GLS in Ireland. Nowhere on Dabs.ie is this stated. I do not feel that i have received any of the service that a customer deserves, from getting the product that i paid for to being given any sort of help or compensation.
    GLS. Ireland on the 8-6 have said they only received the item on the 3-6, ten days after the order.

This has really really annoyed me to the point that i have to voice my opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Totally inept muppets.

Worst online retailer I have dealt with in ten years. Will never, ever attempt to purchase anything from them again, even if I have to pay significantly more elsewhere.

Ordered a PC case with the status "ordered upon request" - fair enough, I figure, going to take a bit longer than normal. Two weeks later my order is still "processing" I hunt around and eventually find a support address only for them to tell me "Oh that product has been discontinued".

When the hell were you going to tell me that, Dabs?

They offer to cancel the item (not see if there was a mistake somewhere, insisting that it is no longer supplied). I cancel my order, figuring maybe it was just bad luck/timing. Find a similar PC case to the one I was looking for originally, try to order that.

Two weeks later, same deal again "oh that item is discontinued" - I check the original case, now there are two "in stock". Magically, it is no longer discontinued!

I contact support again, they tell me this time that if I want to pick something else in place of the now "discontinued" case, they'll happily do so. I ask them to replace it with the case I originally requested.

Impossible. If I want to change my order, I have to cancel it. This is right after being told they would change it no problem. Canceled everything in disgust.

I have never experienced such incompetence anywhere, online or offline.

Placed the same order with QuietPC.ie within 5 minutes of canceling my Dabs order, it was packed and shipped less than four hours later. Unbelievable turn around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

rockfist wrote: »
    This has really really annoyed me to the point that i have to voice my opinion.

Indeed it would, but don't post the same thing across multiple threads. This is considered spamming, and takes time to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

jor el wrote: »
    Indeed it would, but don't post the same thing across multiple threads. This is considered spamming, and takes time to clean up.

Good point, jor el, but these guys have me raging!!!! I won't do it again then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

My first time ordering a few bits from Dabs.ie, was told it would be delivered today, 19/08. Went and checked the tracking number online and over the phone this morning and it can't be found.
    Rang Dabs up to be told that I won't have my stuff till late next week now and that I was informed by phone by a Dabs.ie customer service agent two days ago that there was a stock problem, no one from Dabs has rung me or left any messages, nor at any stage was it stated on my account or at time of order.

I wasn't impressed one bit with the excuses and lies I got over the phone from Dabs today.

You know how the saying goes; "first impressions are lasting impressions".

Last time I ever buy from this company :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Placed an order and they told me my bank refused the payment. Rang the bank who told me they did not refuse the payment. Placed order again and this time Dabs told me they don't accept Laser card payment, which is odd since I did not pay with Laser but with Maestro which according to their website they do accept..
    Placed yet another order this time trying with my Danish Mastercard. After a while I got an email from their customer service saying they don't accept payment from credit cards issued outside of the UK and Ireland. That would make sense except I've bought goods from them before using this card and had no issues then.
    Anyway, I gave up on Dabs.ie and have now ordered the item from Amazon UK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

05-01-2012 01:14 International Hub Received and processed
    04-01-2012 18:17 Preston Depot Tracked out of Local Hub
    03-01-2012 16:45 WDM Online

No sign of the parcel this morning. I presume once it's in An Post's hands the tracking number mightn't update as much.

Advertisement