Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just received Band of Brother Boxset in the post...

• 08-11-2002 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

...and I have to say it is an absolutely beautiful boxset, I got the R1 which comes in a metal tin and has a DTS soundtrack.

Already watched the first episode and the picture is perfect and the sound is good :) (not enough shooting in the 1st episode to feel the benefit of the DTS track).

The extras look good and well I now have a new show off disk for the DVD collection.

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Today, i am happy to announce i also got my copy :D

I got the R2 version which does have a Tin Case (It looks soo nice :) ) but it doesnt have DTS sound :mad: was pissed about that one..... Though i thought i heard a problem on Episode 3, Chapter 5 ... about 50-60 seconds in .... there was this strange bang sound from the right rear channel, listened to it a few times and couldnt make out what it was.....

On recieveing the package, i put on Episode 2 (Day Of Days) and preceded to watch, with mouth open, the episode. Then i watched just about all the extras, Making of is good and so are Livingstones video diarys. So far i have wartched about 4hours of stuff: 3 Episodes and a good bit of the special features. More tomorrow.

The box though, it does look big when placed on my tower of DvDs ... i recommend anyone and everyone to buy it :) ..

Though the post man fecking left my package outside the door in the rain, wouldnt fit through the letterbox ... if it wasent for the bubble rap it would have been soaked. And im amazed no passer by didnt look at the bright yellow package and say "hey, thats now mine" and take it.... strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I got mine in the post on friday ... region 2 tin boxed set.

GODDAMN is it good - and NO ad-breaks :D

There's lots of extra scenes in the episodes too :)

I've only managed to watch Discs 1 & 2 (episodes 1-4) thus far. I watched episode 2 and 4 with my jaw on the floor. The attack on Nuenen in ep. 4 is a LOT more brutal and intense with all the cut bits.

(note - /THAT/ actual battle didn't occur in Nuenen, but another town near it iirc from the book)

Am currently listening to the soundtrack in work - bliss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just got it last week but no time to start watching it as yet - soon, definitely, didn't realise it had extra scenes and stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

sounds good,were did yous order it from
    didnt get charged customs or anythin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

whats the cheapest site selling the box set (region doesnt matter)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement