Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

r9 280x flickering issue

Options
  • 06-07-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi

i own a xfx r9 280x graphics card and I'm having some issues with it

I originally noticed random flickering issues which seems common enough on these cards

i upgraded the bios to the latest version 015.043.000.005.000000 obtained from http://www.techpowerup.com/ and this seems to have fixed the problem

however i can't install the graphics card drivers and the catalyst software does not recognise a amd card present. I re installed the software all together after updating the bios

i suspect that this is because this is a diy firmware and not approved by xfx themselves?

I am happy to have solved the flickering but not having the catalyst software installed might lead to other problems so If anyone knows a way around this that would be great

Comments

Advertisement