Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Women's Deodorant Advert 1990s

• 23-12-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi, am looking for an advert for women's deodorant from around the late 1990s.

It showed a woman holding a tennis / squash racket while also telling about the sweat problems that she and her friends had experienced with one of their fellow competitors in the women's changing rooms of what i presume was the local gym (her friend's name was 'Joy').

She says the line "....and some of us were very nervous about being around her." or something to that effect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

Was it the deodorant called Secret, the star of that advert was the leading actress in Trainspotter. It apparently didn't leave white stripes on your gymclothes - which was pure rubbish as it did on mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

PippaChic wrote: »
    Was it the deodorant called Secret, the star of that advert was the leading actress in Trainspotter. It apparently didn't leave white stripes on your gymclothes - which was pure rubbish as it did on mine!

Not too sure. It may have been. Have To Check.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

PippaChic wrote: »

Could have been. I used to think that it was either for Mitchum deodorant or Sure for women deodorant, so it could have been any of them.

also,the actress from Trainspotting is Kelly McDonald.

Advertisement