Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worzel Gummidge

• 28-12-2014 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭

Trying to locate an episode of ol Worzel where he faced an evil scarecrow. Apparently was made by the crowman but he couldn't finish him because he was turning out too evil. Wanted to burn Worzel in the end. Was it one of the NZ episodes or end up cut? Remember it being on telly anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0889976/
    The village is planning a big bonfire celebration and Mr. Braithwaite offers his old scarecrow to be burned - Worzel Gummidge. John and Sue help Worzel build another scarecrow to be burned in his place but the new one has strong objections to that plan.

Is this is? found it by searching

"Worzel Gummidge" "another scarecrow"

Quotes force google to find the exact phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Thanks, not the one unfortunately. The evil scarecrow had no eyes at all, that is what I remember most. It terrified me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

No, wasn't it. I remember the lines from the Crowman that this other scarecrow "was too evil that he could not finish making him".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's of any use, it should be either in Series 2 or 3, I remember it too, and I only have those 2 DVDs of his - unfortunately I lent them both to a friend with children at Christmas, or I'd check them for you.

Excellent programme, though - as a child I remember being charmed by the fact that he had a nest of robins in place of a heart...

• Advertisement

Hah, just remembered that! It had some very dark themes thinking about it. Thanks for posting!

Advertisement