Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NHL Awards in Las Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

what time is it on

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

i really think the 'hart' is in wrong hands...sedin was good but not as good as ovi or sid...
    i had my money on crosby but the olympics didn't come to count...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Izy wrote: »
    i really think the 'hart' is in wrong hands...sedin was good but not as good as ovi or sid...
    i had my money on crosby but the olympics didn't come to count...

The Olympics should not count in regards to the NHL awards. In saying that, the Olympics were huge for Duncan Keith and Ryan Miller which probably cemented their chances of winning their respective awards.

Sedin had a phenomenal season when you look at it. The fact that he came out of the shadow of his brother (and even some teammates) helped carry the Canucks this season.

It's hard to argue that Crosby deserved the Hart when he lost out on the Ross Trophy. If he had outscored Sedin, then you may have a valid argument, but he didn't.

Ovechkin would be the odds on favourite, but when he was injured/suspended his team won without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

sedin got 40 points or so on secondary assists and that was my argument against him... i personally think that gary betman needs more fans in the west so he gifted the award to sedin...
    i'm not saying he's a bad player but i dont think he'll have as good a season as this one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Izy wrote: »
    sedin got 40 points or so on secondary assists and that was my argument against him... i personally think that gary betman needs more fans in the west so he gifted the award to sedin...
    i'm not saying he's a bad player but i dont think he'll have as good a season as this one!!!

Gary Bettman has nothing to do with the voting for these awards

Sedin may never have another season as good a this one, but again, that has absolutely no bearing on the voting. He is being judged on the 2009-2010 season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement