Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Oh Boo! you sound like you really are going through a hormonal rollercoaster.

I didn't have a private scan because I had one in the Coombe at 6 weeks but I would have had one if that scan hadn't happened plus I have another one this day 3 weeks but I get where you are coming from! If you are in a position to get a private scan, then go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'd also recommend a private scan if you are in a position to do so. I had one last time and it makes you feel so much better that you are feeling like crap for a reason. It really gave me a boost! I also felt comfortable telling people once I had had the scan (I think I was 8 weeks when I had it).

I didn't get one this time because I had two in the hospital while I was staying in there so I saved myself 120 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Im due 21st june. We had a private scan last week - I'd highly recommend it if possible - it made it feel real - theres actually a baby in there!lol.

I'm also one of the lucky ones re symptoms - just tiredness and facial breakouts.... bra size had increased by a cup - which is great but its true - ya do worry why your not feeling sick etc - I know (hope) im just a lucky one...

we told family after the private scan last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 greenpaper

Hi I'm due in June too!! Cant believe it. It happened so quickly. Looks like June is gonna be a busy month for babies theres a lot signed up here already!!

Afternoon ladies how are we all doin? I've perked up a good bit the last few days. Nausea is improving a lot and the boob pain is easing too! Starting to feel human again :) hope you are all doin well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

My boob pain has gone too! I wasn't nauseated yesterday or so far today which actually makes me feel really uneasy, as much as I hate it when I have it! I'm hoping that because I have a really heavy cold and am feeling generally rubbish this is over shadowing the pregnancy symptoms!

Not due to go for my scan for ten days, if I still have no symptoms in a couple of days I might get a quickie one done (perk of working in the system).

Hope everyone else is feeling well!

Im feeling a better over the last few days too - just really tired. Boobs are feeling a bit better, not as crampy and haven't been sick in over a week - heres hoping it stays like this (altho I agree - ya worry more when no/less symptoms and we give out when we have them!) its true - we're never happy....lol

Great that you're feeling better ladies. I'm still very sick but I've had one or two good days as well where I've got out of bed and done a few things so that's nice.

I'm 12+3 now so really hoping I've only a few more weeks of vomiting left.

Can definitely also feel the baby move occasionally which is nice. Just very light fluttering

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Hope you feel better soon woshy, today is my worst day so far, have been having really bad acid reflux and vomiting from it, have a hiatus hernia and peptic ulcer anyway so went off the medication for it when I found out I was pregnant but had to go back on it today, was trying to hold off for as long as I could but when even water or 7up was giving me reflux and vomiting I knew I had to go back on it, have been doing great till now but feel awful the past few days, can't imagine how you've been feeling woshy..... hope you feel better soon xx

Oh Petal - that sounds horrible :( at least you can go back on the meds and hopefully they don't take long to kick in. Vomiting constantly is just so debilitating, I know. It's tough as we'll because you're growing a person and a placenta and you can't keep anything down so there's no energy going in to help you out. It's just awful. Hopefully it's only up from here for you!

• Advertisement

Hope ye all feel better soon girls.... We're all heading for that second trimester so fingers crossed things pick up for everyone ...

I may have jinxed myself!! Maybe this baby does not like when I go to work :D all day yesterday was not fun with nausea :D I've got very little boob pain so that's good. I'm going to go this weekend and get a new sports bra though. I have 2 and find them great so just want to keep with them!

How are we all now? I'm 2 weeks to my scan and I am SO excited!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Hi all, hope everyone is feeling well.. 12 weeks today its so exciting first scan thurs week cannot wait.. finally my sickness is starting to pass off, didn't have it with my 2 boys so being completely knocked out with it was weird..

missymad wrote: »
    Hi all, hope everyone is feeling well.. 12 weeks today its so exciting first scan thurs week cannot wait.. finally my sickness is starting to pass off, didn't have it with my 2 boys so being completely knocked out with it was weird..

Any family history of twins?!?!

Apart from barking like a dog every few minutes and being completely wrecked with this cough/cold I'm feeling ok. Still have very little energy but I discovered last week that my iron level dropped by over a gram in six weeks, it's still 12.5 but that's very low for me, hopefully when I'm able to eat more meat it will creep up again.

I have my scan next Tuesday and I'm so excited about it!

I dread to think what my iron levels must be! Is the scan a private scan tfak or in the hospital? I have my first appointment next Tuesday too. It feels funny saying it's my first appointment when I've been in the hospital so much the last 8 weeks!

I'm really hoping I see an improvement soon. We bought a house in September but we've had to delay moving in because I've seen so sick and needed to stay at my parents so they could look after my little boy. We're moving in 2 weeks now and I really want to be well enough to unpack etc we've been getting lots of little jobs done and things ordered and normally I'd be so organised and loving every minute of it but I've just been getting by doing a little bit here or there when I have to strength. I want to properly enjoy the excitement of owning our own place soon!

That is exciting Woshy, hopefully you'll be well able for the move when it rolls around!

It's my dating scan in the hospital, I'm looking forward to confirming my dates 100%, as my early early scan changed them by a week!

I've decided to tell my mother this week, the thought of trying to sneak both myself and my husband in and out of the hospital for the scan is stressing me too much! I was literally begging her to meet me in town for a coffee when I saw her yesterday "what day suits you, I'm off for a few days, why don't we meet and have a look around the shops, it's lovely in town etc. etc."!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ineeddollars

Hello ladies, congrats everyone. Such an exciting time. Hope you all are doing well.

I'm part of the due June 18 group. I have no symptoms except feeling like I need a toilet everywhere I go. I had my first scan at 9 weeks and all is good. I will have a down syndrome and gender test on Fri next week, my doctor said its 95% accurate. Has anyone heard of this test or had this test done before at early stage of pregnancy? it costs me €600 which I think is very expensive but I am very impatient and want to know everything earlier than later.

I really enjoy reading the threat:).

Hello ladies, congrats everyone. Such an exciting time. Hope you all are doing well.

I'm part of the due June 18 group. I have no symptoms except feeling like I need a toilet everywhere I go. I had my first scan at 9 weeks and all is good. I will have a down syndrome and gender test on Fri next week, my doctor said its 95% accurate. Has anyone heard of this test or had this test done before at early stage of pregnancy? it costs me €600 which I think is very expensive but I am very impatient and want to know everything earlier than later.

I really enjoy reading the threat:).

Congratulations!

There are a couple of different types of screening/testing that are done, do you know what yours involves?
    Many people that have "first trimester screening" have a detailed ultrasound and blood tests and based on these and your age you will be given a risk factor for certain types of chromosomal abnormalities (e.g Down Syndrome), I imagine this is what you're having done because you've been told it's not 100%.

Other options in pregnancy are genetic tests, where either a tiny piece of placenta (about 2mm) or a small sample of amniotic fluid are sent for genetic testing, this will tell you your babys sex and will examine for common chromosomal abnormalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Afternoon ladies. How are we all today? Well I'm 9 days away from my first appointment at the Coombe and I am dying to go public with our exciting news! Feeling okay so far - only bloating, tiredness and skin breakouts to complain about so feeling very fortunate so far. Today is a very bloated day and I'm sitting at my desk with the top button of my pants undone! Bring on the maternity-wear!

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Afternoon ladies. How are we all today? Well I'm 9 days away from my first appointment at the Coombe and I am dying to go public with our exciting news! Feeling okay so far - only bloating, tiredness and skin breakouts to complain about so feeling very fortunate so far. Today is a very bloated day and I'm sitting at my desk with the top button of my pants undone! Bring on the maternity-wear!

Snap fifi.... just so tired but yet here I am typing this at 3am in the morning! Body just can't do what it wants/need! I also just can't fill myself - im eating everything around me! (I usually have a very small appetite).

First hospital appt/scan next fri - really looking forward to that!hope the rest of you are sleeping like babies right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I'm doing the domino scheme with the coombe and I'm very happy with it so far. There were no queues at all for my booking appt or first scan in Naas. Hoping it stays that way!

I'm 13 weeks today - finished the first trimester! :D No let up in the puking yet though. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. I'm still glad to get to 13 weeks anyway.

The other day I was thinking I must ask for a follow up appointment with the dietician at my booking appointment next week (I spoke with her a few times while I was hospitalised), to discuss if I need to try put weight on, what I should be eating once the puking stops etc as I eaten nothing with any goodness or nutrients in it in the last 8 weeks. Then the next morning a letter arrives from the hospital saying a follow up appointment had been made for next week. They read my mind! Very impressed anyway.

I chose to go to the midwives clinic run by Holles Street in my local hospital instead of traipsing into the hospital (I did the midwive led care last time but going into the hospital and it was great. Like witthname1 said, no queues and I felt the care was a lot more personal). I was thinking I'd be great not having to go into town all the time and turns out cos the hyperemesis is/was so bad I've ended up going in loads anyway! Just shows you can't plan with pregnancy :)

Yay Woshy, congrats on reaching the second trimester!! I feel I'm still lagging behind, at ten weeks today!

I told my mother yesterday - seems she wasn't on to me at all, she was very excited!

tfak85 wrote: »
    Yay Woshy, congrats on reaching the second trimester!! I feel I'm still lagging behind, at ten weeks today!

I told my mother yesterday - seems she wasn't on to me at all, she was very excited!

Aww, that's nice! It must seem really real now :)

Awe Woshy, congrats on finishing the first trimester!! I'm nearly there. I am 11 weeks today so getting there, what feels like very slowly, but getting there none the less :) I've already had an appointment and a scan in the coombe and have another scan on December 3rd then meeting the consultant on the 19th. I'm starting to get really excited and thinking al things names and what to buy! My OH is gone car shopping today because having a car with a tiny boot and no rear passenger doors is not ideal :) hope everyone is doing well... and feeling good!!! my nausea isn't lasting as long but it's still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Sent into maternity by my hypochondriac doctor because of pains, I've been panicking all the time but I was sure everything was ok but it was pretty unnerving to see the doctors worried and it was a scary few hours but they did a scan and baby boo is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! I totally believe in love at first sight now :)

Pain is still there, its more like a pressure but in the same place every time so I think that's what they were worried about, they said it could be ectopic but it's perfectly snug in my womb thankfully! Pain is annoying but not as bad now that I know they don't mean anything!

Can't wait for the proper scan on Wednesday at ny booking in cause they couldn't give us pictures or anything off of the machine the other night. Hope everyone's feeling better now that we're getting towards the second trimester, congrats to woshy I'm so jealous :P

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Boo2112 wrote: »
    Sent into maternity by my hypochondriac doctor because of pains, I've been panicking all the time but I was sure everything was ok but it was pretty unnerving to see the doctors worried and it was a scary few hours but they did a scan and baby boo is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! I totally believe in love at first sight now :)

Pain is still there, its more like a pressure but in the same place every time so I think that's what they were worried about, they said it could be ectopic but it's perfectly snug in my womb thankfully! Pain is annoying but not as bad now that I know they don't mean anything!

Can't wait for the proper scan on Wednesday at ny booking in cause they couldn't give us pictures or anything off of the machine the other night. Hope everyone's feeling better now that we're getting towards the second trimester, congrats to woshy I'm so jealous :P

That must have been scary! I'm glad to hear everything is okay.
    I'm officially out of the first trimester too at some point this weekend. I hope the next one goes as fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

WittyName1 wrote: »
    That must have been scary! I'm glad to hear everything is okay.
    I'm officially out of the first trimester too at some point this weekend. I hope the next one goes as fast!

Yeah I kinda knew everything was ok but the relief when it started dancing around on the screen was indescribable! So funny to see it doing the can can on the screen and not being able to feel a thing! Thanks a million!

Also jinxed myself, straight after I posted that I ended up puking for a half hour :P

My sister was saying the second trimester is pretty boring cause nothing much happens compared to one and three so it draws out a lot, not so excited for it now since this one seems to have lasted forever already!

Anyone that's had their booking in scan were yer partners allowed in for it? The sister was also saying himself wasn't allowed in and we'd be gutted if that was the case. It's in limerick if that makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Hi all, can I join you? I'm due 5th June.
    I had a late loss this year (although I knew it was happening from early on - long story and I don't want to scare anyone) so have almost been afraid to believe I got pregnant again so easily and quickly. I'm in my 40s and am getting the results of my nuchal fold test next week - so far, I've had 3 scans and baby looks perfect, but I won't relax until after next week. I'm 12 weeks now, a teeny bit of nausea and loads of peculiar feelings in my tummy, but otherwise all is perfect! Looking forward to having the whole of next summer off when my 13yr old will be off school!

• Advertisement

Fittle wrote: »
    Hi all, can I join you? I'm due 5th June.
    I had a late loss this year (although I knew it was happening from early on - long story and I don't want to scare anyone) so have almost been afraid to believe I got pregnant again so easily and quickly. I'm in my 40s and am getting the results of my nuchal fold test next week - so far, I've had 3 scans and baby looks perfect, but I won't relax until after next week. I'm 12 weeks now, a teeny bit of nausea and loads of peculiar feelings in my tummy, but otherwise all is perfect! Looking forward to having the whole of next summer off when my 13yr old will be off school!

Congrats and welcome :-)

How many people here have had their first check in appt? If not - when are you scheduled in for and what hospital? We're in drogheda next Friday :-)

Advertisement