Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Woshy wrote: »
    That happened to me last time. I had a private scan at almost 9 weeks and the baby measured 7 days smaller. The same happened at my 20 week scan so the hospital changed my due date to a week later. Then he arrived at 39 weeks on his original due date anyway!

Babies come when they feel like it so it's not a big deal but I'd just pass the early scan on to the hospital so they have that info and don't induce you too soon (if you go over).

Thanks for that Woshy :)
    This is all new to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Woshy :)
    This is all new to me!

No problem. I guess you'll be having a June baby after all!

I've had a few scans cos of the hyperemesis (and therefore saved myself €120 for a private scan!) and this time the baba is measuring exactly right for my dates which is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I had a private scan a few days ago and got to see the heartbeat :)
    They gave me a due date 3 days different to my own estimated one going by my last period, which are always regular. Is this anything to worry about? The baby measured 3 days smaller.

Early scans are the most accurate so I would change the dates to the ones you've been given, though this will be confirmed by your hospital at your booking.

The way you have to look at it is that when it gets to the end of your pregnancy, if you've not gone into labour yourself and induction is being considered the later date will serve you well and allow you to go to the correct dates, rather than inducing a baby that may only be one week over due, rather than ten or twelve days.

Had my first proper wave of nausea this morning! It's settled now that I've eaten something.

Really not in the mood for a thirteen hour shift but I guess I better get used to it!

No problem. I guess you'll be having a June baby after all!

I've had a few scans cos of the hyperemesis (and therefore saved myself €120 for a private scan!) and this time the baba is measuring exactly right for my dates which is good :)

Yep - it should be a June baby afterall :)

• Advertisement

tfak85 wrote: »
    Early scans are the most accurate so I would change the dates to the ones you've been given, though this will be confirmed by your hospital at your booking.

The way you have to look at it is that when it gets to the end of your pregnancy, if you've not gone into labour yourself and induction is being considered the later date will serve you well and allow you to go to the correct dates, rather than inducing a baby that may only be one week over due, rather than ten or twelve days.

Thanks for that tfak, and good luck with your 13 hr shift!

I have had nausea on and off every few days but no actual vomiting thankfully. I'm feeling good today though. No symptoms at all today. It's hard not to worry when symptoms come and go though. I should be delighted that I don't feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

3 days difference on scan/due date is nothing to worry about, I'd say it'd have to be 10+ days out before I'd worry. I was a small baby, some babies just are, perfectly healthy, I was just very petite (I am now 5ft8 but with slim bones/frame), it just means that the baby doesn't meet the average sizes for that particular date, doesn't mean there's anything wrong.

How are we all at the moment?

I've been feeling fairly rotten today but I worked 13hours yesterday and today so it's to be expected. Still only having "soft" symptoms though.

Have asked one of the midwives in work for a sneaky scan, going to have it Wednesday morning - just have to try not get spotted on the way in or out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Hi ladies, I am joining this group now :) am 7wks now and this is our first. Very excited and scared all at the same time. We have told just our parents and siblings so keeping it quiet for a while. I did have an appointment with the hospital already but my dates are a mess so I've had a transvaginal ultrasound and got to see the heartbeat. Also confirmed my dates are right and not my gp's. So another dating scan early December and then a hospital appt early January. All is going well so far apart from the nausea and tiredness :)

Congratulations!

It's funny (to me) how you say you're keeping it quiet by only telling your families for now - we've told a few friends but are absolutely not telling family until after 13 weeks! Mostly because we are going on holiday at twelve weeks and I know my M.I.L. would be up the walls with worry if she knew!

• Advertisement

haha, I know what you mean! beyond one thing and another I never thought this pathway was an option for me, and was told that too so i'm just super excited, how could I not tell my mum :D

We're just back from a little holiday and it was exactly what we needed so I do hope you get to enjoy yourself tfak!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Hope everyone's having a lovely bank holiday, we went for an early scan on Saturday, dates were exactly right and got to see the heartbeat too, we were going to tell people after this scan but changed my mind now and want to wait for the official hospital one.... Think I'm just using excuses to put off telling people!! Hubby is ok with not telling anyone though. Guess I'm afraid something might go wrong between now and the 12 week scan, just feeling bloated and a bit of nausea...

How are we all at the moment?

I've been feeling fairly rotten today but I worked 13hours yesterday and today so it's to be expected. Still only having "soft" symptoms though.

Have asked one of the midwives in work for a sneaky scan, going to have it Wednesday morning - just have to try not get spotted on the way in or out!

It must be tough doing long shifts when pregnant - fair play to you for getting through it!
    Allirog wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I am joining this group now :) am 7wks now and this is our first. Very excited and scared all at the same time. We have told just our parents and siblings so keeping it quiet for a while. I did have an appointment with the hospital already but my dates are a mess so I've had a transvaginal ultrasound and got to see the heartbeat. Also confirmed my dates are right and not my gp's. So another dating scan early December and then a hospital appt early January. All is going well so far apart from the nausea and tiredness :)

Congrats and welcome :) !
    Petal765 wrote: »
    Hope everyone's having a lovely bank holiday, we went for an early scan on Saturday, dates were exactly right and got to see the heartbeat too, we were going to tell people after this scan but changed my mind now and want to wait for the official hospital one.... Think I'm just using excuses to put off telling people!! Hubby is ok with not telling anyone though. Guess I'm afraid something might go wrong between now and the 12 week scan, just feeling bloated and a bit of nausea...

Great you got to see the heartbeat - it's so reassuring, isn't it? You tell people when you feel like it, sure whatever makes you comfortable!

I've seen a little bit of improvement in the last 2 days, vomiting much less and am able to eat and keep a small amount of food down. I think it's the drugs having their full effect (the hospital said it would take at least a week). I'm still very weak (how do people with eating disorders function - I'm so weak and dizzy from a lack of food) and a side effect of both of the drugs I'm on is drowsiness so I'm sleeping so much. Luckily my mum and dad are looking after my little boy so I can just zonk out - I have 5 hour naps some days. Of course, now that I'm not feeling as much like death I'm starting to worry something is wrong with the baby and that's why my symptoms are lifting a bit, even though my logical side is telling me it's the drugs. I'm 10 weeks on Friday which is early for symptoms to lift naturally (I was 15 weeks on my first before I started to get any relief from the vomiting) - this pregnancy lark would have you going round the bend! I'm back into the hospital tomorrow for more fluids and to be checked so we'll see what they say.

Oh and everyone even remotely connected to me knows I'm pregnant now - everybody! I've been bedridden so it's been pretty hard to hide :)

Oh wow sounds like you are going through the mill.

Oh wow sounds like you are going through the mill.

I'm a special snowflake - having to have pregnancy drama!

Ah no, I just suffer from severe hyperemesis. I don't want to be scaring you (is this your first?) thinking it happens to everyone :) I had it in my last pregnancy too (but not nearly as bad as this this). Once it lifted I had a very straightforward, comfortable pregnancy so I'm hoping for that this time around.

Oh no don't worry you're not scaring me at all :) I've seen lots of friends and family members going through different pregnancies :) I do hope it gets better for you though

Yes this is my first :) exciting times!

Glad to hear the drugs are helping Woshy, I can't imagine having hyperemesis, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I've a bit of nausea but it resolves if I eat something - craving carbs non-stop at the moment which is a nightmare!

I do find my energy levels are so low most of the time but if I make the effort to do something I feel better for it, went for a decent cycle and a dance class today!

Just back from my early scan, turns out I'm 6w5d! I had thought I was 7w5d!

Oh no don't worry you're not scaring me at all :) I've seen lots of friends and family members going through different pregnancies :) I do hope it gets better for you though

Yes this is my first :) exciting times!

That is exciting! Hopefully your pregnancy will be straightforward enough :)

Just back from my early scan, turns out I'm 6w5d! I had thought I was 7w5d!

That happened to me last time - I went from 8w5d to 7w5d and my due date was changed. As I said before thought baba arrived at 39 weeks so he came on his original due date anyway :)

Well done on going to dance classes - good to keep your energy levels up. Walking up stairs is even beyond me at the moment!

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing? We are 8wks now. Scan in 4 weeks and then a consultants appt in January. I was already seen in the hospital 2 weeks ago so I'm being well looked after. I'm not feeling to good in myself though. Unbelievably tired and complete loss of appetite bundled with nausea is not nice but I'm sure it'll pass soon :)

I am also suffering with extreme tiredness! I have nausea that flares every couple of hours and subsides when I eat, which has meant that I've been eating waaaay more than I have been for the past six months! Getting worried already, I generally eat very healthy food but pre pregnancy I was very low carb, now I want carbs round the clock! Also my skin is in bits, I look as though I've regressed to my sixteen year old self!

just home from my first nightshift since I found out, it wasn't too bad, though I'm very much looking forward to my leaba!

Thank god I'm not the only one that has bad skin. I suffered with bad acne anyways and was on tetralysal but now I'm suffering the consequences. It's driving me mad though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi all, currently in hospital being treated for an ectopic pregnancy unfortunately. I knew something was not right but didn't expect to be kept in or anything. Getting an injection Monday. Anyway just wanted to fill you in and wish you all the best in your pregnancies xo

Very sorry to hear that FunkSoulSista. You will be well looked after in the hospital, be sure to mind yourself and your partner.

Hi all, currently in hospital being treated for an ectopic pregnancy unfortunately. I knew something was not right but didn't expect to be kept in or anything. Getting an injection Monday. Anyway just wanted to fill you in and wish you all the best in your pregnancies xo

Oh, I'm so so sorry to hear that :( It must be so hard to be in the hospital as well when you just want to be at home in your own space. I hope you have a swift physical recovery anyway. Take care of yourself xx

FunkSoulSista I am sorry to hear this and I hope you are looking after yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Anyone else due in June? My due date is the very end of May but I'm fairly sure I ovulated late and will be having a June baby.

This is my second. I had a baby in June 2013 (it's a good month to have a baby!). I just booked my pregnancy into the hospital and have my first appointment the 25th November

congratulations :)

Well, the day came when I had to lie to my mothers face.

She came to say hello yesterday in work and was like "oh my god, your skin looks terrible, why is that"?! I had to just say "oh, I don't know, I think my face wash just wasn't working for me any more, that's why I bought that new one" (I had told her earlier in the day that I'd treated myself to a 50e face wash the day before). BUT SHE WOULDN'T DROP IT! She said "you might need to get some fucidin or something if it doesn't improve, keep an eye on it". Tried my best to brush it off, my husband reckons she has me sussed, I'd say he's right!

My only ray of hope is that she doesn't even know I came off my pill so she may not be considering pregnancy! I'm not planning to tell her for anther six weeks!

• Advertisement

That's pretty funny :)

I've always had crap skin so it's not something that could trigger anything. Although the spots on my face are so sore and feel like boils!! Ouchies!!

How far along are you now tk?

Advertisement