Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

About 100 euro these days for private scans. The RCSI unit in the Rotunda is very good, it's not in the main hospital, it's in a building at the back. They do dating scans and I think 3d/4d scans too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ultra sound dimensions in Blackrock is where I got it done on my 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Thanks for the heads up on the scan. I have just booked myself in for a scan at 12 weeks with these guys - costs €100
    http://www.babyscan.ie/early-pregnancy-scan/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NordieinDublin

Has anyone started using Bio Oil or another moisturiser yet. I have only been using Bio Oil since Friday (morning and night) and have already gone through about a 1/6 of the bottle! It's pretty expensive - so fingers crossed it works...

Apparently the boots version is half the price and just as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I used Vaseline cocoa butter first time round from second trimester on.. So far this time I've not as the smell makes me ill so maybe second tri again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Has anyone started using Bio Oil or another moisturiser yet. I have only been using Bio Oil since Friday (morning and night) and have already gone through about a 1/6 of the bottle! It's pretty expensive - so fingers crossed it works...

Bio-oil is just a very nicely scented oil with some fancy pants marketing. I Any oil would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I am in such pain with my sinuses, am completely miserable :(

I am in such pain with my sinuses, am completely miserable :(

Same here! Thought it was a cold at first but had none of the normal cold "symptoms", hope you feel better soon.

First appointment is the 10th Oct :D

They sent the appointment to my old address despite me putting my new one on the form :\

• Advertisement

they are good at that it took me ages to get mine changed.. I even had a form that asked if I had a sex change when I switched to my married name.. how many weeks are you then?
    mines on the 26th of September I'll be 13+1

I'll be 12+4 then :D

Bet you can't wait.
    I feel more at ease after the first scan

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

My first scan is on 10th October as well. At the Rotunda. Cant wait. This is my first pregnancy and with every pinch i keep imagining the worst scenarios. Im so scared sth might happen i cant sleep. And of course being overly emotional right now does not help. Is this normal? I cant wait to see the first scan and hopefully everything is fine and i can relax a bit.
    Is anyone else feeling this way too?

dottybows wrote: »
    My first scan is on 10th October as well. At the Rotunda. Cant wait. This is my first pregnancy and with every pinch i keep imagining the worst scenarios. Im so scared sth might happen i cant sleep. And of course being overly emotional right now does not help. Is this normal? I cant wait to see the first scan and hopefully everything is fine and i can relax a bit.
    Is anyone else feeling this way too?

It doesn't get easier as it goes on... this is my fourth and every day I worry that something is going to go wrong. Every little leak, or what feels like it from down there has me rushing to the loo to check that everything is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

January wrote: »
    It doesn't get easier as it goes on... this is my fourth and every day I worry that something is going to go wrong. Every little leak, or what feels like it from down there has me rushing to the loo to check that everything is OK.

Well Im glad Im not the only one. I feel like Im spending more time in the bathroom than anywhere else.

This is my second and I'm the very same. I'd a really bad day yesterday woke up in pain and spent the day gettin sick which I never got sick first time round just felt it. You never stop worrying even after there born. I think it's a mammy thing you'll always worry

Sleep pattern is a complete mess - fell asleep for two hours this afternoon and now am wired awake.

Scan on Wednesday, getting a bit excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Feel safe enough posting after my early scan this morning. Had an ectopic and miscarriage last year so had to had to have an early scan today. Baby is where it should be and heartbeat was plain to see. I'm 7 weeks and 1 day and couldn't believe my luck that this time around everything is going well.

Still symptomless... anybody else??

• Advertisement

I've got bad cramps and tiredness but not much else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

For any of ye with morning sickness the midwife recommended motion sickness wristbands. I've been using them since yesterday and they've really taken the edge off. They can be slightly uncomfortable but the pros outweigh the cons.

Last time I'd sickness from 6 weeks but didn't kick in until 8 week mark this time and I didn't get sick first time round but am this time. So now there's foods I'll never eat again..!
    Got cramps and tiredness too which sucks but gettin there slowly 10 weeks tomorrow yey!!

Last time I'd sickness from 6 weeks but didn't kick in until 8 week mark this time and I didn't get sick first time round but am this time. So now there's foods I'll never eat again..!
    Got cramps and tiredness too which sucks but gettin there slowly 10 weeks tomorrow yey!!

8 weeks on Sunday... still doesn't feel real...

Tell me bout it think I'm having a tough time believing it because so far in my year and half married iv only been non pregnant 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Betty Draper

think i am due in April, going for an early scan tomorrow in Holles Street.

Have my scan this afternoon, time on letter is 15.40, wondering how early I should get there, seeing kind of mixed things online about wait times in CUMH.

Any ideas ladies?

Had thought I was 10 weeks but only measured 8 so back in four weeks. And here I thought I'd gotten past all the bad symptomns!

I am convinced I can feel this little bean moving around in there... it's too low down to be gas or a rumbling tummy... It's definitely little flutters and only when I'm not doing anything I can notice them... I said it to my partner last night, I was that convinced.

• Advertisement

Yeah iv had this for a week now. They say you feel it earlier second time round so could be it

Advertisement