Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Here is a Video i uploaded, with the problem ive posted above.

I have never seen anything like that. Think you would be best going to the SI/FM website and see if they have any option for you to report something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just Played Maccifa Hafia in the Champions league and they were in Green ,But i was in Red.I tried to delete the Kits from my install, But that didnt work either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mars Bar wrote: »
    K.F.C FC! Brilliant! :pac:
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Oatsey, I hope, wish and pray that your manager profile picture is this

KFC%20Colonel%20Sanders.jpg

It would bring tears of joy if you could make that happen

I named the stadium in his honour through the editor! KFC FC Stadium was so boring. Don't know how much longer I am going to be at KFC. I'm being robbed for my best players by teams in the Ghanian Premier League. Big spenders are offering my stars 1 year deals on €15 P/W. I can't compete with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've employed the way Germany play and applied it with Newcastle United. Only got the game last week but finally results are going my way. From relegation candidates to Europa League challengers. Huzzah.
    Krul

Simpson --- Coloccini --- S Taylor --- Santon

Obertan ---Cabaye --- Tiote --- Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Emphasis purely on attacking movement and fluidity. I've often been exposed at the back as I've got Cabaye and Tiote pushed further up beside each other with Jonas and Obertan just in front and very wide on the wings. I have Tiote set to defend whilst Cabaye has been ordered to support the attack when necessary.

Goals have been flying in as of late. Main scorers seem to be Jonas and Ba. Not too surprised with Ba scoring a ton but Jonas has scored from a load of headers and likes to get into the box more.

Have conceeded some really annoying goals though due to Krul dropping the bloody ball an awful lot. Have set him up so that he focuses on his handling. :pac:

A really good attacking midfielder and good pacy wingers is vital to this system.

Leonardo Bittencourt is a really good young attacking midfielder (19) and plays for Energie Cottbus in the Bundesliga 2... Though he did sign for Dortmund during the transfer window. Either way you'll get him via the search function. Got him for just under 5 million. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

just wondering does anyone know where to download player faces, logos etc..., I usually use FM Base website but for me to download anything it wants me to download other **** as well that I don't want like PDF creators? Also its so long since I have done this want settings do I need to change in the game to get the downloads to work cause I forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

just wondering does anyone know where to download player faces, logos etc..., I usually use FM Base website but for me to download anything it wants me to download other **** as well that I don't want like PDF creators? Also its so long since I have done this want settings do I need to change in the game to get the downloads to work cause I forget.

I downloaded them through torrent, much much faster and less hassle.

Here's the one for metallic logos (which look awesome).

Here's the one for the cut-out faces.

Mods these are fan made packs which are distributed freely so it is not piracy! I'm sure you know that, but just in case since people seem to think torrent means pirate these days.

I downloaded them through torrent, much much faster and less hassle.

Here's the one for metallic logos (which look awesome).

Here's the one for the cut-out faces.

Mods these are fan made packs which are distributed freely so it is not piracy! I'm sure you know that, but just in case since people seem to think torrent means pirate these days.

Thanks very much, downloaded logos elsewhere, works fine looks GREAT,
    currently downloading faces from your link. Thanks again:D:D:D

Thanks very much, downloaded logos elsewhere, works fine looks GREAT,
    currently downloading faces from your link. Thanks again:D:D:D

No problem, enjoy! It makes a surprisingly big difference to the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

When is the patch out lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scano.ie

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/
    is a good site lots of different styles and designs worth a look IMO

• Advertisement

No problem, enjoy! It makes a surprisingly big difference to the presentation.
    scano.ie wrote: »
    http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/
    is a good site lots of different styles and designs worth a look IMO

Thanks very much got the face pack to work, game looks great, now just have to start winning.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

pimenov.png

pimenov1.png

He puts up his hand and the opposition just pass the ball to him. The FM version of Chuck Norris!

haining.png

haining1.png

Haining biggest problem is that I play 1 up front and I have a fully developed Fierro. Now classed as a wonderkid at just 17 y/o in the SPL and nowhere near fully developed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ireland want Pepper

The Irish Football Association have offered you the job of Ireland manager.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Feckin players in my squad are the biggest whinge bags - from now on, when they have a complaint I am just going to ignore them! Shower of cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mc Love wrote: »
    Feckin players in my squad are the biggest whinge bags - from now on, when they have a complaint I am just going to ignore them! Shower of cnuts

Can you fine them for whining? I remember in the older CMs you could just fine a player for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

finally got the susie real names fix working. about time.

starting up with grampus 8 later- has anyone managed in japan? the aim would be to do well there and move to europe obviously

if i dont pick G8 i was going to go with Hamburg- however i just dont like the name HSV- i havent checked if the susie download has changed this- this is the only change i want to make it it hasnt made the change- anyone know how to do this- through the editor i assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

finally got the susie real names fix working. about time.

starting up with grampus 8 later- has anyone managed in japan? the aim would be to do well there and move to europe obviously

if i dont pick G8 i was going to go with Hamburg- however i just dont like the name HSV- i havent checked if the susie download has changed this- this is the only change i want to make it it hasnt made the change- anyone know how to do this- through the editor i assume?

I managed Gamba for a season with the expectation to challenge for the title. I finished 2 or 3 points behind the champs and they sacked me because that put me in 4th :mad:.

To change HSV's name - Download the editor if it isn't downloaded already. In steam click on Library. then All Games and hit Tools from the dropdown menu. You'll find Football Manager 2012 Editor in the list there. Load the database in the editor and then under clubs search for Hamburger SV. Change the short name, save, done.

Thats exactly what I always do now. It's usually players moaning about wanting to move to a bigger club. My stance is you're under contract (they never have a problem signing new contracts for more money!) and in my first eleven. You arent going anywhere unless someone pays out the ass for you. Whenever someone makes an enquiry, I respond with between £200 million and £400 million. Shockingly, that puts them off and the player doesnt get mad at me for denying them the move :pac:

Well, my Crawley Town career has taken a turn for the worse. After surviving our first season in the npower League 1, finishing in a respectable 17th place, reaching the final of the J Paint trophy and the fourth round of the FA Cup, we have taken a dive in our second season (my third as manager).

I dramatically improved key positions during the summer, including both full backs and the right wing. We did well in pre-season and came out of the gates well, sitting in the promotion places after the first five games.

Then things went mysteriously and dramatically downhill. My star striker who scored 9 goals in his first 9 games has lost form, having failed to score in 15 games now. We have become leaky at the back, despite having two 4.5 star center backs, an we are now languishing in 21st place. The relegation zone. With 19 league games gone.

Can anyone offer any advice? Squad morale is high, yet we are losing almost every game. I'm furious.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Thats exactly what I always do now. It's usually players moaning about wanting to move to a bigger club. My stance is you're under contract (they never have a problem signing new contracts for more money!) and in my first eleven. You arent going anywhere unless someone pays out the ass for you. Whenever someone makes an enquiry, I respond with between £200 million and £400 million. Shockingly, that puts them off and the player doesnt get mad at me for denying them the move :pac:

Saying the club is under performing the whole time (might have set the expectation high because the previous season we finished 2nd) but we have had a terrible season. Only now in Feb and starting to claw my way back up and they still complain even after beating some of the top teams. I just give up on answering them every few days. Because I either get it right or they question my management and nobody questions me :D

• Advertisement

Well, my Crawley Town career has taken a turn for the worse. After surviving our first season in the npower League 1, finishing in a respectable 17th place, reaching the final of the J Paint trophy and the fourth round of the FA Cup, we have taken a dive in our second season (my third as manager).

I dramatically improved key positions during the summer, including both full backs and the right wing. We did well in pre-season and came out of the gates well, sitting in the promotion places after the first five games.

Then things went mysteriously and dramatically downhill. My star striker who scored 9 goals in his first 9 games has lost form, having failed to score in 15 games now. We have become leaky at the back, despite having two 4.5 star center backs, an we are now languishing in 21st place. The relegation zone. With 19 league games gone.

Can anyone offer any advice? Squad morale is high, yet we are losing almost every game. I'm furious.

Have you tried changing the match preparation?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sounds like tactical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

When will steam be releasing the official transfer update?

March 8th is rumour but there is no date set.

Bought a player from Chelse reserves for 2 million and he has scored 42 goals already this season with one match to go. Hope he breaks the league goal record at Rovers which is 43 set back in the 1927 and is now worth 5.5 million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

March 8th is rumour but there is no date set.

Bought a player from Chelse reserves for 2 million and he has scored 42 goals already this season with one match to go. Hope he breaks the league goal record at Rovers which is 43 set back in the 1927 and is now worth 5.5 million :D

Name please?

He could be a regen as it is 2020 and he is 26. Dann Cooper Itonga (think he started at AS Monaco) but will have to check

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Anybody know how to get updates on the game? I have downloaded a weegie update put it in an data editor folder (Made it) but can't seem to get it working :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

My game is really starting to annoy me now. In second season with Aston Villa, cleared out all bad coaches and replaced them with better coaches mid-way through first season, towards the end of season the big teams came in and signed my best coaches. Now i am trying to get replacements but all coaches i try sign keep rejecting my offer after offering them alot of money to sign. Anybody got any ideas why they wont sign? Is this a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know what the problem is here .........
    I had agreed a price for Lukas Podolski which was 9mill + Ryo Miyachi who they wanted to buy from me.
    They gave me a counter offer which was just a extra 100grand which i accepted So i thought the deal was done but i haven't got any news from them about contract talks and ryo is still at the club and the transfer window has shut.
    Anyone know what to do ? :confused:

• Advertisement

Ryo might have rejected them which would end the deal. Likewise if Podolski wasn't interested in a move, he wouldn't have even had to go into contract talks with you if he had no interest in moving.

Advertisement