Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will I ever find him? ** Charlie home safe!! **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dont give up hope, I know its easy for me to say but i really feel that he is somewhere safe annd sound and someone is looking after him. I say a prayer for him every morning and evening and have lit a few candles for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

I really don't know what to say to you. My heart really goes out to you.

I would be like a demented person going out of my mind with worry and the not knowing.

I know its no consolation but I think of you and Charlie every day. You look like a lovely person from your photo and so happy with your fur babies.

If there is any justice in the world Charlie will find his way home.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Just read the whole thread from start, I'm so sorry to read your story.
    Keep your faith and I really really hope Charlie comes home soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Im so sorry there is still no sign of him :(. Even google searchs just keep bringing back up the same missing animals. Im sure someone is taking good care of him but try keep hopefull. Il keep thinking about him and praying he comes home to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I keep checking this thread too hoping for good news, and I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭awman

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

koneko wrote: »
    I keep checking this thread too hoping for good news, and I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you.
    X2
    Hopefully the dog turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Traonach wrote: »
    X2
    Hopefully the dog turns up.

I check in here every day hoping there will be good news. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

Still no luck finding him, 3 weeks tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

My heart break for you but try to stay strong. My prayers continue every day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I'm so sorry to hear that he is still lost. I tied my dogs name tag on today with a second tie; it's so hard for people to find owners without a number or chip.

I found a little lab puppy in the park the other week : no chip, no tag & it's being taken care of in a loving warm happy home until we can find it's owners,
    Don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

ditto ,1 post i check daily just in the hope you find him.

sympathies for what you and yours are going through and what charlie must be going through .

keep the hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hi OP,

This is the girl who rang you about the dog in childers rd. by KFC, I saw him when I was walking in and remembered when I was at the counter about your posts. I tried looking for him when I got out to take a picture for you but there was no sign of him, I can only assume that he followed the group of teenagers that were feeding him scraps.

Like I said on the phone he was an elderly Labrador, wearing a brown collar with no tags and he looked weather beaten as if he had been roaming around for a few weeks. I asked the girl behind the counter about him and she said she had never seen him around before. I'm sorry now I didn't get a pic when I was walking in. It's definitely worth taking a trip in to see if you can see him around.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hi OP,

This is the girl who rang you about the dog in childers rd. by KFC, I saw him when I was walking in and remembered when I was at the counter about your posts. I tried looking for him when I got out to take a picture for you but there was no sign of him, I can only assume that he followed the group of teenagers that were feeding him scraps.

Like I said on the phone he was an elderly Labrador, wearing a brown collar with no tags and he looked weather beaten as if he had been roaming around for a few weeks. I asked the girl behind the counter about him and she said she had never seen him around before. I'm sorry now I didn't get a pic when I was walking in. It's definitely worth taking a trip in to see if you can see him around.

Oh please, please, please let that be Charlie... Keeping everything crossed for you awman x

meoklmrk91 - Thank you so much for ringing me. I wasnt long off the phone from you when another lady rang me saying she had seen that dog around KFC as well. She also thought he looked alot like Charlie. A friend of mine drove me in to see if we could find the dog. Unfortunately by the time we got in there the dog was gone. We asked the people working in KFC if they had seen the dog but they said they hadnt. There was a security man working around there and we asked him. He said he had also seen the dog and that he was with the group of teenagers. He told us the direction that they went walking in but we still couldnt find them. He said that those teenagers are always around and that he has never seen a dog with them before. I gave him my phone number and he said if he sees the dog around there again that he will ring me. I also gave the security man in Dunnes my phone number and I asked in the petrol station near Childers Road and left my number with them. Thanks again to you for ringing me. I really appreciate it. If there's even a slight chance that it is Charlie then it's worth trying to find out if it's him. The only thing that is making me think it's not him is that the dog was wearing a brown collar and Charlie went missing with no collar on but maybe someone put a collar on him. It's unlikely but you never know.

If anyone is in around that area of Lmk please keep an eye out. I'm going to drive in there again tomorrow in the day light cause it was very hard to see in the dark tonight and it was raining which wasnt helping either.

Fingers crossed everyone.

Oh please, please, please let that be Charlie... Keeping everything crossed for you awman x

I am really hoping that is him too, still kicking myself for not getting a picture, I just spent so long trying to find OP's phone number on the internet that by the time I came out to snap one he had gone.

awman wrote: »
    meoklmrk91 - Thank you so much for ringing me. I wasnt long off the phone from you when another lady rang me saying she had seen that dog around KFC as well. She also thought he looked alot like Charlie. A friend of mine drove me in to see if we could find the dog. Unfortunately by the time we got in there the dog was gone. We asked the people working in KFC if they had seen the dog but they said they hadnt. There was a security man working around there and we asked him. He said he had also seen the dog and that he was with the group of teenagers. He told us the direction that they went walking in but we still couldnt find them. He said that those teenagers are always around and that he has never seen a dog with them before. I gave him my phone number and he said if he sees the dog around there again that he will ring me. I also gave the security man in Dunnes my phone number and I asked in the petrol station near Childers Road and left my number with them. Thanks again to you for ringing me. I really appreciate it. If there's even a slight chance that it is Charlie then it's worth trying to find out if it's him. The only thing that is making me think it's not him is that the dog was wearing a brown collar and Charlie went missing with no collar on but maybe someone put a collar on him. It's unlikely but you never know.

If anyone is in around that area of Lmk please keep an eye out. I'm going to drive in there again tomorrow in the day light cause it was very hard to see in the dark tonight and it was raining which wasnt helping either.

Fingers crossed everyone.

He looks so like him, especially with they greying around the face but like I said it was dark. I will be in Limerick again tomorrow and will drop in to Childers Rd. to see if I can see any sign of him. Fingers crossed for you OP.

meoklmrk91- dont worry about not getting a pic. You went to the trouble of getting my number and ringing me and I really really appreciate it. I went off in such a hurry that I left without bringing the posters or pics of Charlie with me so I'll definitely drive back in there tomorrow and maybe put up some posters around that area. praying that it's him.

awman wrote: »
    meoklmrk91- dont worry about not getting a pic. You went to the trouble of getting my number and ringing me and I really really appreciate it. I went off in such a hurry that I left without bringing the posters or pics of Charlie with me so I'll definitely drive back in there tomorrow and maybe put up some posters around that area. praying that it's him.

Really it's no problem, I know I would be devastated if it was my furbaby, plus I think everyone is rooting for a happy ending to this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Amazing how 10 pages and 3 weeks later there are still so many people out there keeping an eye out there for him, between people here on boards, on facebook and those that seen posters there must be at least 100+, even nice to see names on this thread that you wouldn't normally see posting in API. Shows you that there are still lots of people out there that care despite all the bad things you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Fingers crossed OP xx

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

OP So sorry to hear about your dog, would be devastated to lose Molly our choc. lab. Anyway I work in Castleroy area & will keep an eye out for him
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Oh I really hope this is Charlie. It sounds promising. I wouldnt be put off by the fact that this dog has a collar either. Someone may have put it on him.

Fingers, toes, everything crossed.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 e29j07

hope its him :) fingers and toes crossed for ya x

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Everything crossed for u, hopefully it is Charlie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Hi, this lab has just been posted up on Munster Dog Rescue facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=372752419403097&set=a.311601812184825.86934.310962562248750&type=1&theater)

He was found in Listowel - he looks like he has white colouring around the eyes like Charlie?

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

dudmis wrote: »
    Hi, this lab has just been posted up on Munster Dog Rescue facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=372752419403097&set=a.311601812184825.86934.310962562248750&type=1&theater)

He was found in Listowel - he looks like he has white colouring around the eyes like Charlie?

Fingers crossed.

I would say this guy is a lot younger than Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

dudmis wrote: »

Fingers crossed.
    I don't think this is Charlie either. Lovely dog and I hope his owners claims him.
    Here's hoping Charlie is found soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

puss wrote: »
    I don't think this is Charlie either. Lovely dog and I hope his owners claims him.
    Here's hoping Charlie is found soon.
    The dog in the pound was reunited with his family tonight seen it on facebook...let's hope Charlie is too soon.

Advertisement