Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best tablet for under €100. Reviews if possible

• 23-10-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

With xmas fast approaching im sure some people are looking at android tablets for presents so im just wondering what provides the best bang for your buck. I recently bought my 1st android tablet (nexus7) and whilst i love it Im wondering how good are the chinese equivalents for the money. You can get a 7" tablet from as little as 50euro and im just wondrein in this price range 50-100 euro what is the best all rounder.

Battery life\ build quality\ CPU \ RAM etc

Ive looked at devices such as the Eken W70 \W80, All winner A13 etc and I know there is a thread in bargain alearts on the allwinner but it is 30 odd pages and nearly 6 months old so would appreciate any fresh reviews or new devices that may have come on the market since then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've used a few sub €150 tablets lately and in my opinion none of them are worth it unless it's just a junk tablet to keep kids happy with a few games or something, otherwise spend the extra cash and get something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

draffodx wrote: »
    I've used a few sub €150 tablets lately and in my opinion none of them are worth it unless it's just a junk tablet to keep kids happy with a few games or something, otherwise spend the extra cash and get something decent.

Hmm thats what i was afraid of hearing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What kills tables or phones for that matter is poor screen response. Thats what mainly suffer on cheaper models.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I bought an ainol fire/flame(1.5Ghz-ish dualcore/1gig ram/5000MAh) and found it very good. They can be picked up for about $150. I got to use a friend nexus 7 and I couldn't see much difference in touch screen quality or response . The fire/Flame isn't perfect it does have some random popping noise and you can't use skype without a headset(it creates an echo). Beyond that I happy with it. I picked it due to SD card slot and HDMI out,which the more expensive nexus 7 doesn't have. I believe a quad version is in the works too.

If your looking for cheaper the ainol crystal is an option the screen's not as good as the fire/flame though . Pipo M3 is worth a look for a 10" tablet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Tango One wrote: »
    I bought an ainol fire/flame(1.5Ghz-ish dualcore/1gig ram/5000MAh) and found it very good. They can be picked up for about $150. I got to use a friend nexus 7 and I couldn't see much difference in touch screen quality or response . The fire/Flame isn't perfect it does have some random popping noise and you can't use skype without a headset(it creates an echo). Beyond that I happy with it. I picked it due to SD card slot and HDMI out,which the more expensive nexus 7 doesn't have. I believe a quad version is in the works too.

If your looking for cheaper the ainol crystal is an option the screen not as good as the fire/flame though . Pipo M3 is worth a look for a 10" tablet too.

Im really interested in the flame, but Ive read about some peoples touch screen stopping to work. Anything like this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I got an early model(QM screen) and haven't had any problems so far since it arrive in August. They have since moved to using TM screen which is suppose to be more reliable. I have had no problems with mine though. Over on slatedroid they now have a software fix for the failed screen too.

It might be worth waiting till November for the quad cores, which should see a price drop or just buy the flame II.

Tango One wrote: »

If your looking for cheaper the ainol crystal is an option the screen's not as good as the fire/flame though . Pipo M3 is worth a look for a 10" tablet too.

Cheers for that, ill defo take a look at the fire\flame. Probably give the pipo a miss as personally i think 7" is the perfect form for a tablet as i do a lot of reading on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I bought two Sumvision Cyclone+ and very impressed by them 1.2Ghz with 1Gb ram and 16Gb storage,, sd card, micro usb and hdmi. Battery is only around 3hrs but sub-100 battery isn't going to be great

jaqian wrote: »
    I bought two Sumvision Cyclone+ and very impressed by them 1.2Ghz with 1Gb ram and 16Gb storage,, sd card, micro usb and hdmi. Battery is only around 3hrs but sub-100 battery isn't going to be great

Dont mean to be funny but is that the right name?

Doesnt seem to be a tablet but a media player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

allybhoy wrote: »

Dont mean to be funny but is that the right name?

Doesnt seem to be a tablet but a media player

Sorry should have said Sumvision Cyclone Astro+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭k123456

Ainol Elf 2 dual core, v happy with approx 129 usd, have seen for 109 usd on special

Runs Jelly Bean

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/344-ainol-novo-7-elf-ii/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Kajor wrote: »

ha ha HTCpoop is me, I forgot about that

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i am looking to get 2 for xams. One for me and one for a child.

For the child i was looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capacitive-Allwinner-maximumly-Processor-Sandwich/dp/B0099NPR84/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1352675265&sr=1-9

Its a great price and reviews are ok. Am dubious about buying from non Amazon seller (ie market place suppliers) as i have bought from China before and the items stopped working within 6 months...

For me i want one that i can just check emails, do some internet browsing, facebooking. No gaming or movie watching. I would LOVE an ipad/Sumsung but can only stretch budget to 100 euros...

Any recommendations? I dont really know the lingo/techie jargon...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

A2LUE42 wrote: »

You can get this from Amazon for £50, iBood is ridiculously expensive, then they slap on postage. Avoid iBood!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Allwinner-1-0GHz-Android-Tablet/dp/B008E4WGKQ

does anyone know if its any good though? The link above on Amazon is a Chinsese seller. Would be dubious about buying again. I have 2 defunct DS's that only lasted 6 months before the screens went all white and fuzzy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

These are the few im looking at for xmas. All chinese sellers though. Try the Pandawill website for an idea of the spec you can get for your budget. I've never used this website so i can't comment on how they are. Seems legit but as you say, if there is a problem, prob gonna be a nightmare to get it sorted.

Onda V711 Dual Core Tablet PC 7 inch

Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 7 Inch Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

ICOO D70W/D70GT Ultimate

theres a deal on groupon for Hannspree 7" tablet for 99 incl delivery...

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Midia/12912005?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_318&a=1676

• Advertisement

paddlepop wrote: »
    theres a deal on groupon for Hannspree 7" tablet for 99 incl delivery...

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Midia/12912005?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_318&a=1676

I don't see the deal here. A tablet with that spec shouldn't cost that much. Have a gander on Amazon. Should have better deals there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

http://www.dinodirect.com/9-7-tablet-pc-pc-android-4-0-tablet-pc-tablet-computer-pc-tablet-wifi-tablet-pc-laptop-andrid-console-currency-EUR.html?AdAnalytics=111|00220010|464266|2|0
    I've seen a few of these knocking around and know of some owned by guys I know.
    The general consensus is they are a great tablet for the money.

After weeks of consideration I've decided that This is the one. I don't know why i was so contempt in getting the best one possible. The feckin' thing isn't even for me..

I don't see the deal here. A tablet with that spec shouldn't cost that much. Have a gander on Amazon. Should have better deals there.

i did find 2 that i really like on amazon. but when i went to pay it said they couldnt be delivered to Ireland....so frustrating!!!

It was a 7 inch A1CS Rapid. Really good reviews and was 80stg....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

paddlepop wrote: »
    i did find 2 that i really like on amazon. but when i went to pay it said they couldnt be delivered to Ireland....so frustrating!!!

It was a 7 inch A1CS Rapid. Really good reviews and was 80stg....

That is what Parcel Motel is for, UK delivery address, and then you pick it up from your local parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seawoman

this paramets for 76,28 EUR (99usd) :

onda_v711s_1.jpg

Onda V711s Quad Core 7 Inch Ultra-thin Capacitive Android Tablet HDMI WIFI 2160P 8GB
    Onda V711s Quad Core Features:
    CPU: A31s Quad Core
    GPU: 8 Core Power VR SGX544
    RAM 1GB,DDR3
    Storage 8GB
    Size: 7 inch
    Display: IPS
    Resolution: 1024*600 IPS
    Visible Angle: 178°
    Front Camera: 0.3 Megapixels
    Video: 4K HD Videp Play with formats of MP4/3GP/3G2/RM/RMVB/ASF/FLAC/APE/MOV etc.
    Android Market Yes
    Onda V711s Quad Core Details:
    Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
    Earphone Interface 3.5mm
    Multi-Touch Yes, 10 points touch
    Music MP3/WMA/FLAC/APE/WAV/RA/Ogg/MIDI/3GP etc.
    Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
    Email and Browser: Yes, built in
    Gravity Sensor Yes
    Skype Yes
    WIFI: 802.11b/802.11g / 802.11n
    OTG Function: Support
    Work Time: Up to 3~4 hours
    Battery : Li-Poly 3700mAh

http://www.onda-tablet.com/buy-android-onda.html

Anyone better performence on that small price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I would take them specs with a large grain of salt, and the website would not be one that I would buy anything from either.

Advertisement