Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black & White 2 Announced!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Wuhey! So that's october for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm probably going to wait for more info before passing much judgement. Right now it just seems like the kind of thing that on other consoles would have been saleable as DLC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Interesting, those new formes are pretty cool looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sounds good :D might be out before the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

It looks like the two new formes will be called "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem"

Also Meloetta has been revealed in a movie poster

M15_poster.png

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I am the only one who thinks that Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look a) like Digimon, b) woeful love children and c) terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I am the only one who thinks that Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look a) like Digimon, b) woeful love children and c) terrible?

No, Chris seems to think so too :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woeful love children. Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom have a LOT of explaining to do :P Still quite excited for it though. It'd be nice if it was set in Hoenn which could be a possibility if they're not going to do R/S/E remakes. Plus the logos are in red and blue (ruby and sapphire?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

look bloody terrible only cool thing is Z's left Ice fist.

Wait a minute....there'll be a dragon/ice/electric and fire type mon now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Jaysus, that's a mortal blow to the 3DS. Nothing says "we have no confidence in our own hardware" like keeping your flagship mobile title on the "safe" platform. Considering the 3DS practically has an integrated pokewalker and c-gear, I cannot understand this decision and am gutted that I won't be wandering around Liffey Valley next october oblivious to my 3DS trading items, berries and pokemon with all and sundry from inside my pocket. There's so much potential there going to waste...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well the way I see it is it's a remake/sequel to the b&w games which were on the ds so I'd say they'll hold off on the 3ds until a proper sequel comes out and then we'll see those lovely improvements.

Apparently Black and White Kyurem will still be Dragon/Ice. Bit of a shame, guess it's a Gen 4 Rotom thing again.

http://pokebeach.com/2012/03/black-kyurem-and-white-kyurems-typings

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_issue_of_CoroCoro_magazine_leaked

Well, well, well. It is a completely different game to BW1. Maybe the story will be set about 50+ years after BW1?

That sounds amazing :D

Dafuq, Pokébeach says the new games are only two years after the originals. How on earth does a region change THAT much in only two damn years? That's got to be a mis-translation...

http://pokebeach.com/2012/04/may-corocoro-leaks-in-full-new-bw2-details

Serebii and bulbapedia say the same thing though. I assume the change is cos of kyruem changing it.

Not just that though, the new settlement on Route 4? New subway lines? All these new towns and cities in the south-west? Heck, new Gym Leaders so soon? And absolutely no reference so far to previous PCs, Gym Leaders, notable people, Elite Four etc.?

Well suppose (this is all wild guess work) the freezing happened relatively shortly after the first black and white. So people had to adapt quickly. Some gym leaders/what have you are working on the problem, so new people have stopped in to fill roles. Or maybe people have left unova, cos of the freezing.

Over a 104 weeks :rolleyes: it'll make sense when it comes out.

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Not just that though, the new settlement on Route 4? New subway lines? All these new towns and cities in the south-west? Heck, new Gym Leaders so soon? And absolutely no reference so far to previous PCs, Gym Leaders, notable people, Elite Four etc.?

I'll tell you what happened : Immigants! It's thems damned immigants!

@cloud - oops, I deleted my post referencing weeks 'cause I was about 2 hours too late with it, but it kind of makes yours nonsensical. Unless you delete your post too and then this paragraph is total shuttlecocks... unless I delete this paragraph and then we all disappear into a puff of purple skull-shaped smoke...?

I'm ok to delete it :rolleyes: it totally makes sense, and having non unova pokemon only sweetens the deal :D you can see in those pictures too, version exclusives, looks like lucario will be in one, metagross in the other.

AqWhGPYCQAADOvb.jpg:large

Same starters, but they were decent anyway/.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

prob should of given different starters tbh.

Not looking forward to bringing all my mon over from my b/w cart

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is there any chance of actually being able to get all the Pokemon this time around? Thats the one thing that always annoys me about the games, a good chunk of them are just not in the game. I dont mind version exclusives, but having Pokemon that are not in either version is annoying. I count 180 that arent in either version. Thats a lot.

I dont get the logic of adding new Pokemon if you're just going to keep taking others out. It makes the game almost impossible to finish without cheating. Put them all in one (or two) and it will sell massivly. Future versions will sell just as well because they will have new Pokemon.

They are all there. Pretty much...

The point of removing them is to encourage you to trade with other players either in person or over WiFi. And since you're here you have access to the internet and to a small community of players who can probably get you whatever you're missing. There's also the GTS although you're limited to what you've seen, but that opens the door to breeding for evo's of mon you've seen but can't catch.

Besides, in B/W much like in D/P/Pt once you beat the E4 you can complete most of your national dex through swarms, the city/forest, the 2nd half of the map etc and then there's the option to port 'mon over from other carts...

Ninty have gone out of their way to make the legendaries far more accessible than in previous gens by giving them away in WiFi events that don't require you to go to a shop 200 miles away at 1pm on a sunday afternoon when you were supposed to be studying for an exam, or flying to japan.

Oh and then there's the Dream World online game where you can not only find the previous gen 'mon, but they've got new moves and abilities they can't get in the old games!

All in all, we've never had it so good!

____

Shame about the starters, having a different trio (Dark/Fight/Psychic or give the 3 chums a Larvitar, Deino and Haxorus to fight over) might have been more interesting but this argument comes up every generation, it doesn't look like they'll abandon fire/grass/water any time soon

Banjo wrote: »
    They are all there. Pretty much...

The point of removing them is to encourage you to trade with other players either in person or over WiFi. And since you're here you have access to the internet and to a small community of players who can probably get you whatever you're missing. There's also the GTS although you're limited to what you've seen, but that opens the door to breeding for evo's of mon you've seen but can't catch.

Besides, in B/W much like in D/P/Pt once you beat the E4 you can complete most of your national dex through swarms, the city/forest, the 2nd half of the map etc and then there's the option to port 'mon over from other carts...

Ninty have gone out of their way to make the legendaries far more accessible than in previous gens by giving them away in WiFi events that don't require you to go to a shop 200 miles away at 1pm on a sunday afternoon when you were supposed to be studying for an exam, or flying to japan.

Oh and then there's the Dream World online game where you can not only find the previous gen 'mon, but they've got new moves and abilities they can't get in the old games!

All in all, we've never had it so good!

I remember taking a journey to chesire oaks to get deoxys that took like 2 hours in 2005.... things are way better now :D

So who's going to be pre ordering the Japanese versions? Think I will as I did last time. Its on Play Asia to pre order - About €43 shipped

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno if I'll get a Japanese version, I've never gotten one before. Is it pretty easy to get what's going on?

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    I dunno if I'll get a Japanese version, I've never gotten one before. Is it pretty easy to get what's going on?

Well it's the same really as the other games, get starters, battle gym leaders, progress through towns etc. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the storyline if you can't read Japanese. There'll also be lots of guides online to hepl you if you get really stuck.

Advertisement