Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FroYo for Nexus One Link inside here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

ryderster wrote: »
    rte player is class on the browser now.. next we will have a home and away and a fair city app haha :)

Wow that is class!

Didn't Vodafone use to try and charge like €1 per TV show for stuff like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Could just be that the browser is unbelievably snappy now :P

Partly that (:p)but looking at NetCounter i've a lot more data going through WiFi than ever did before so it would appear they've improved the radio reception on it. Nice work Google.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Yes please!

Sorry about the delay, heres the download link

http://rapidshare.com/files/391118530/com.swype.android.inputmethod.apk

Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I was talking to someone from Swype on IRC, they say there's no way around it, but I'll give it a go anyway.

EDIT : You beauty! Swype is back in my hands <3 Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I was talking to someone from Swype on IRC, they say there's no way around it, but I'll give it a go anyway.

EDIT : You beauty! Swype is back in my hands <3 Thanks so much.
    Someone was telling porkies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

Two questions for you lucky N1 users:

1. Are there tabs in the browser now?

2. Is the issue with top-posting in the gmail app still there? (you know, the purple quoted text showing up in all your replies)

edit: also, what version of swype is that above (version number if possible)?

Apparently there are updates to Swype coming fairly soon.

@djgaillimh :
    no, try xscope or dolphin
    couldn't say

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

Ah ok, that's the version I have. Thanks, I'm using Dolphin HD but was hoping that the 2.2 browser would have tabs to go along with its new-found speed.

Anybody else notice whether the purple quoted text is still appearing when you reply using the gmail app?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

No problem, just hoping it doesn't expire, I'm fairly sure the guy who modded (is that a word?) removed the connection with the email and the expiry..

Also I know this is kind off topic, but does anyone know can you manipulate your ip/location settings do you can use pandora?

Are many people using Swype?

I've been playing around with it for a few days and it does seem very good.

• Advertisement

I love Swype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

I freaking ADORE Swype, use it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have been using froyo for a couple of days now. I like the permanent browser/phone/dialer buttons at the bottom, always thought they should have been there from day 1. They also fixed the showstopping bluetooth bug I reported \o/. Whenever I paired my Nexus One running android 2.1 with a Dell E6400 running Windows 7 it would cause bluetooth on the N1 to simply break and not be usable again until you do a factory reset on the phone, having to load apps and everything all over again. Now it just works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Has anyone used the wifi hotspot? Is it any good? What's the range like?

Anyone noticed that the power button is less sensitive since updating to Froyo?

I have to push it a few times now for it to work and it's difficult to select Airplane mode now.

Could just be that I damaged the power button in my excitement to install Froyo either :D

Speculation that June 19th will be when FroYo goes OTA.

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/27/june-19-froyo-rollout-day/

Hmm that's quite a ways out, might be some new stuff in store.

Edit : the iPhone 4 is coming out two weeks before that, interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

JohnK wrote: »
    Has anyone used the wifi hotspot? Is it any good? What's the range like?

Works like a dream :) Not sure what the max range is, but worked fine in a large room. I had two iPod Touches and a laptop using internet connection sharing to hook an XBox 360 up to XBox Live all running through my Nexus One over the weekend :D It uses the battery up quicker, so left it plugged in to charge while acting as the hotspot for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Finally got mine updated last night after about 6 hours of absolute torture. I though I had royally f'up my phone for good.

I kept getting an error saying 'E:Signature Verification'. Was initially using my Macbook to transfer over the update.zip to my sdcard. Tried it on a Windows machine this morning and it's installed fine.

Handcent seems to be updated properly now and is less buggy with 2.2,and i now have a flashing red trackball for SMS notifications!:D:D

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Handcent seems to be updated properly now and is less buggy with 2.2,and i now have a flashing red trackball for SMS notifications!:D:D

My trackball isn't lighting up at all since I updated :(

My trackball isn't lighting up at all since I updated :(

I only noticed it this morning after updating Handcent yesterday. I set LED notification to blink red and sure enough she start blinking red today.

I've also noticed the trackball blinks blue now when i get a PM through Facebook.

I set LED notification to blink red and sure enough she start blinking red today.

Where do you change this setting?

PH4T wrote: »

UPDATE:
    I have that setting in Hancent and it's working now.

PH4T wrote: »

Go into settings,then Notification settings. Under notification settings is LED settings. I have Blink LED enabled and in Colour of LED i have it set as Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Was having trouble getting the track ball to work too but figured it out. For anyone still stuck, in handcent go to setting>notification settings>popup settings and uncheck 'Screen on for popup'. If the screen is set to turn on then there's no need for the trackball to light up, hence it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

Apologies in advance for what is prob a stupid question... but just to be sure- updating to the version of Froyo for those on 'stock recovery' does not void your warranty or root you phone or any of that business right?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I think we may be on to a winner here.

HTC is allegedly releasing FroYo for the Desire on the 23rd of June as well according to XDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

I remember hearing way back in February that android 2.2 would be launched simultaneously on the Nexus One and Motorola Droid. I had since assumed it was just a rumor but now I'm beginning to think otherwise again. The fact that Motorola is taking a large part is kinda promising.

Advertisement