Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation email

• 27-05-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi

I have requested the 'activation email' on numerous occations but it never arrives.

If it could be sent to *removed* I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Declan/ carra23

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I presume you've done the usual thing of checking spam filters?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Spear wrote: »
    I presume you've done the usual thing of checking spam filters?

Ye, it hasn't gone to spam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've tagged for admin attention so they can check that your email address was entered correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Firstly you should never post your email address on a public message board unless you want to be inundated with spam, that's why Spear edited your post :) Now to your issue...

Please fix your email address by going here.

I have blanked it for your privacy in the error messages below. See the bolded message which is a response from the Yahoo mail server.
    May 31 09:15:24 postfix/pickup[85346]: B980E1414949: uid=80 from=<no-reply@boards.ie>

May 31 09:15:25 postfix/smtp[86603]: B980E1414949: to=<your.email@yahoo.com>, relay=mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[72.30.235.6]:25, delay=1, delays=0.1/0.02/0.42/0.51, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[72.30.235.6] said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (your.email@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1379.mail.bf1.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA command))
    May 31 09:15:25 postfix/cleanup[866

Ok thanks for your help.

It seems my email address was incorrect but when I tried to amend it it says that 'the email address is already in use'.

I think it is linked to another account which II tought somebody else on the admin team had resolved but obviously not.

Any advise on how to sort this out ? The address that this account was set up on is a work email address from a job I no longer work in, so I will never access the email unless I can attach my personal email address to this account from now on

• Advertisement

Carra23 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for your help.

It seems my email address was incorrect but when I tried to amend it it says that 'the email address is already in use'.

I think it is linked to another account which II tought somebody else on the admin team had resolved but obviously not.

Any advise on how to sort this out ? The address that this account was set up on is a work email address from a job I no longer work in, so I will never access the email unless I can attach my personal email address to this account from now on

Who is IB.LEGEND? That user has your yahoo.com email address.

Who is IB.LEGEND? That user has your yahoo.com email address.

Ye that's mine. Explained this to some one before. I opened that account after I had opened the Carra23 account.

It was a long time ago so not 100% sure why I opened it but possibly because I may not have been able to get into this one after I left my previous job, could not access passwords as I could not access my email.

Can the IB.LEGEND account be closed and my personal email linked to Carra23 ? If you check that IB acount you will see there is zero activity on it and more than likely hasn't even been logged into in 3/4 years.

Appreciate any help on this matter

Any update on this lads ?

In general I'm a lurker rather than a poster but lately its seems like I wanna do a lot of posting and can't ! very frustrating !

Carra23 wrote: »
    Any update on this lads ?

In general I'm a lurker rather than a poster but lately its seems like I wanna do a lot of posting and can't ! very frustrating !

The update was it was the weekend, and since it's office/tech staff who were working with you on this you had to wait ;)

I'll tell you what I'm going to do, just to be on the safe side - I'll get you resolve this issue all by yourself.

Step 1. Log into the IB.LEGEND account. If you can't remember the password, use the password recovery form and enter your email address (the yahoo.com one). Once you log into that account, change the email address to something else and this will free up your real email address. After you change the email address on that account, and only then, close your IB.LEGEND account using this link. Once you close the account you'll never have access to it again.

Step 2. Log into your Carra23 account and change the email address to your yahoo.com one (the correct one this time :p). Then you'll get the activation mail, reactive your account and continue posting.

Problem solved

The update was it was the weekend, and since it's office/tech staff who were working with you on this you had to wait ;)

I'll tell you what I'm going to do, just to be on the safe side - I'll get you resolve this issue all by yourself.

Step 1. Log into the IB.LEGEND account. If you can't remember the password, use the password recovery form and enter your email address (the yahoo.com one). Once you log into that account, change the email address to something else and this will free up your real email address. After you change the email address on that account, and only then, close your IB.LEGEND account using this link. Once you close the account you'll never have access to it again.

Step 2. Log into your Carra23 account and change the email address to your yahoo.com one (the correct one this time :p). Then you'll get the activation mail, reactive your account and continue posting.

Problem solved

OK will try that in a bit.

Thanks for your help and I'll be back if I've any further issues

• Advertisement

I just followed your advice and when I tried to amend my 'carra23' account to be linked with my yahoo acccount I got the following message;
    The email address you are attempting to use with was previously used by another account on boards.ie and cannot be used again

Any further advice would be appreciated !

There we go, you should be sorted now. Check your email for new activation codes

There we go, you should be sorted now. Check your email for new activation codes

Cheers Danny, seems to be sorted now.

Thanks for that !

You're very welcome, happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement