Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattle tags

• 31-05-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I ordered tags from mullinahone two weeks ago nothing yet. how long does it take to get them by the way not replacement tags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

normally 10 working days or longer... give them a ring to see what the story is... they shouldnt be too busy at this time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I got mine back in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

for replacement-4-5 days
    for ordering new tags- 3-4 weeks, might be quicker this time of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

kevthegaff wrote: »
    for replacement-4-5 days
    for ordering new tags- 3-4 weeks, might be quicker this time of the year

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

what does +1 mean is it someone agrees with ya, sorry bout that only new to this:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

kevthegaff wrote: »
    what does +1 mean is it someone agrees with ya, sorry bout that only new to this:)
    Yes it does!!

Quick question - Do you have to have 2 tags on an animal to sell in the mart?

I never got around to ordering the replacements and I have a few tags missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

pakalasa wrote: »
    Yes it does!!

Quick question - Do you have to have 2 tags on an animal to sell in the mart?

I never got around to ordering the replacements and I have a few tags missing?

you do indeed..those replacement tags come quick its the new tags that take longer, have a cow to go next week hopefully so just put 2nd tag on her the other evening

if you ring up and order the replacement tags rather than posting the form away , have your credit card and tag details ready.. only takes a couple of days

Cheers - I'll give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

They have to be the most useless service providers ever. I have had serious issues with them in the pass all only over tags. Surely having only one supplier is anti competitive anyways even if the contract is put out to tender as its out of the farmers pocket the money is coming from.

• Advertisement

They have to be the most useless service providers ever. I have had serious issues with them in the pass all only over tags. Surely having only one supplier is anti competitive anyways even if the contract is put out to tender as its out of the farmers pocket the money is coming from.
    its hit and miss who you get on the phone , really is time the tender was changed .... drives me mental waiting on the phone - should really be able to order online in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

You can order online, I just filled out the form with laser card details and emailled it off to eurotags@mull-coop.ie, recieved an e-mail back ten minutes later to say recieved and will be processed today..

But you can't fill in the form directly on-line. I can't find it anyway.
    You have to print the form first, fill it in with a pen, scan it again and then send by e-mail.

http://www.mullinahonecoop.ie/cattleorder.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Yeah true that, there should be an online form alright, would make it easier for all involved..

think mullinahone have had it for too long nothing wrong with changing the supplier every once every 10 years or so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Was trying to put a replacement tag on a heifer at the weekend (Vet caught her by the ear as a suck while testing and tag pulled through).

Put her in crush gate and halter. Lined it up and it didn't meet up right, cracked the male end just at neck.... very frustrating, no second chance after that..... talk about a string of curses :mad: Happened last calf I did this year awel.

I know a bad operator blames his tools, but does the pin ever need replacing in tagger or am I cack handed?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

hate it when that happens, can some time get them back into ear in fr calves, dont think you have a hope getting tag into suckler calf ear.

you can get the pins for taggers in coop etc, usually keep a spare on on standby

If you have an ALLFLEX tagger, have a look in under one of the handles. There's actually a spare pin hidden away there. I just spotted mine recently.

red-tagger-pin.gif

UNIVERSAL%20TOTAL%20TAGGER-web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Solved the tagger issue. A small (but very crucial) bit of the tip had snapped off :mad: You wouldn't even notice it. It's the little bit that fits into the bullet of the tag. Without it it isn't supported and will bend and not line up with the corresponding hole on the other half.

Yes, it's the ALLFLEX tagger I have. Thanks pakalasa for the 'tip' on finding a spare needle in the handle;)

Advertisement