Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE to finally show Star Wars

• 15-08-2002 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

I saw an ad on RTE for there "new season" .. it will include all 4 Star Wars episodes (I,IV,V and VI)

Last time they showed star wars on rte was a few years ago but ill be getting my VCR ready for 4,5 and 6 cos its gonna be a few years before they come out on DVD. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Any idea when?
    I'm sure Episode 1 will be at Christmas, so there is probably a good chance they will show them all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ALl i can say is its about time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

some one in RTE musta been reading these boards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Got them all on video already.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It will honestly be a strange experience watching Star Wars with flippin' ads every 20 minutes !!!!

I think I'll pass.....

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Spiffing
    Got them all on video already.
    Yea me 2, but there is something about watching it on normal TV that makes it just that little bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Last time they showed star wars on rte was a few years ago but ill be getting my VCR ready for 4,5 and 6 cos its gonna be a few years before they come out on DVD.

You could always buy them on video ya cheep bástard.

Venom you love for flaming people is quite unusual, as you will get flamed back and the thread will be closed, this happened in another certain humour board thread,and constant flaming will get you banned quite quickly. So stop going around insulting every other person on these boards if you want to be in them for any amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 naughty

Yey Star Wars!Happy days!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

there is somethign cool about watching your favourite movies on TV, its probably the feelign that loads of other people at that very second are enjoying the same stuff as you.:)

• Advertisement

Pugsley I just posted a joke on the humour board and ended up getting abuse from a bunch of assholes,yourself included,about my sig.That was the reasion the thread was closed.

If people dont like my sig they can put me on ignore.If said people want to start tossing insults my way and I have nothing better to do in work I will reply untill I get bored or find something else to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

dont think they were chucking abuse at ya. They just said that they found it offensive after which you replied with abuse.
    But thats neither here nor there.

[topic] I love watching films on the comfort of my own sofa with some mircowaveable popcorn. It's a different experience than to watching it in the cinema but not less imo :x [/topic]

Watching a fav film on TV does indeed rock but I would always go with DVD or Video over TV due to lack of ad breaks and no censorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Venom
    You could always buy them on video ya cheep bástard.

no way am i gonna waste my money on buying Star wars on old VHS.... im waiting for the DVDs to come out :D .... VHS is a waste of money if you want to enjoy a film. you need full surround sound :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

Originally posted by Winters

you need full surround sound :D

lucky c**t. I need to get surround sound for my place. Yeah, good call to wait for the dvd release.

I've yet to see the new starwars film. I've got the old films on vhs. So this christmas i guess i'll rent the new one and have a big old stawwars session.
    What am i lookin a, 10+ hrs?

btw, i laughed when i read venom;s sig. Fair game.

Originally posted by fester
    I've yet to see the new starwars film. I've got the old films on vhs. So this christmas i guess i'll rent the new one and have a big old stawwars session.
    What am i lookin a, 10+ hrs?

I have had that plan for a long time now, id say my dvd player will be nonstop for somewhere around 12hours. Cant wait :D

I thought the VHS versions were only out for a limited period. I havent seen any of them in any shop in a long time. In fact the last time I saw the Star Wars videos for sale was in Tesco (then Quinnsworth) when I was in 2nd year I think. So what was that 6 years ago or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw the ad for the first time today. RTE are really proud of this, aren't they ??

I had to laugh at the voiceover .....

See Star Wars as you've NEVER seen it before! *

* With ads ??? :p

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what other films did the ad say they were showing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Is'nt it funny the way films are always better when there on tv than watching them on a video ? Even if u have it on a video u'll hardly watch it but if u see it on tv one nite u usual end up watching it.

• Advertisement

I was well impressed with the top-notch film they're going to show.

I think i saw 'The Score' in there somewhere.
    Thats well worth watching.

Originally posted by fester
    I think i saw 'The Score' in there somewhere.
    Thats well worth watching.

With DeNiro and Norton?
    If that's the one you're talking about, I doubt they would be showing that already. Wasnt it only in the cinema late 2001?

Originally posted by Makaveli

I doubt they would be showing that already.

Yeah your probable right. It was probably something that LOOKed like the Score.

(U SHOULD RENT THE sCORE though :)

By-the-way, is starwars II out on video yet? Or will it be out soon?

I saw another ad and they say there gonna show them in September.

See Star Wars as you've NEVER seen it before! :rolleyes: Its gonna be REALLY annoying with ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Why are the dvd releases for 4-6 taking so long?

I think the plan is to release them when episode 3 gets released on dvd. So whenever that is. 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Baaah.
    /me fists mr lucas

Originally posted by phaxx
    Baaah.
    /me fists mr lucas

Well..now its gonna take another 2 years :rolleyes: :D

He says he is not gonna realease them till he has "time" to work on them. This means he is gonna have a load of extra features on them which he will have to find. He was gonna release all the DVDs at the same time i think but cos of everyone giving out he is releasing all the new films on DVD once there made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

on the dvds: also lucas is supposed to be going to do super-special editions of the origonal trilogy. he is supposed to have filmed new fottage of natalie portman to be put into Jedi.

[on topic]
    havnt seen Jedi in ages. (taped New Hope and Empire of sky when they were on last year, but never watched/taped Jedi for some reason)

can wait to see them on telly again (with ads of course ;))
    [/on topic]

• Advertisement

Here, when's 'Episode I special editions' coming out (money grabbing ****)

:)

Advertisement