Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 5 Captain poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Dier captain for me this week, good chance for Spurs to keep a clean sheet and he clearly has an eye for goal.
    I wouldn't be a fan of captaining Costa away to City.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Di Maria (lei)
    Hmm, guess its Rooney so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Aguero (CHE)
    When it comes to picking captain my record is awful!

I have no Utd attacking threat & this poll favours this this week!

Im screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Falcao (lei)
    For me it seems to be a toss up between Rooney and Adebayor. I'm leaning towards Ade at the moment, Spurs played very well for periods last week, I fancy them to put a few goals past West Brom. I also have Eriksen so hopefully he can get in on the act. Aguero and Sterling are my other options. I'm not expecting a great score this week so I need for my captain to do the business. If I had Lukaku I'd have no problem captaining him this week even though I was one of the ones regularly burned by him last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd probably be on Ade too if I had him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Sterling (whu)
    Welbeck. (C) (gamble)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm on Naismith at the moment but I'll probably end up changing to costa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

spock. wrote: »

Same as. Its between Naismith, Rooney and Siggy in my team. Although I am tempted to go for Duff as a leftfield choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Di Maria (lei)
    Rooney for me

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Di Maria (lei)
    Di Maria or Rooney?

• Advertisement

Doris300 wrote: »
    Di Maria or Rooney?

I'd personally have to say Rooney, Di Maria is not a prolific goalscorer. He could well have an assist or two though.

The most likely goalscorer would be Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Would love to have Adebayor this week but already have a transfer done.
    d
    Gonna go Naismith for this but could easily be disappointed come the end of the gameweek if Rooney/Costa/Sigurrdson perform well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Same here, with Costa as VC. Di Miria and Ramsey are also tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Caught between the front 3 of Rooney, Costa, Aguero. Leaning towards Costa. What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

robocode wrote:
    Caught between the front 3 of Rooney, Costa, Aguero. Leaning towards Costa. What do you think?

If I had Rooney I would captain him.

Yes of those 3, definitely Rooney. The City game is a big unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

If I had Rooney I would captain him.

That's what my head is saying. But I captained Costa last weekend on a hunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Falcao (lei)
    I think Costa will fire a blank against City.

km79 wrote: »

Falcao if he was sure to start. Di Maria prob the safe bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Falcao (lei)
    km79 wrote: »

I think Welbeck is a good differential captain choice against Villa. Can definitely see him score his first Arsenal goal this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

and of course I currently have it on siggy :D
    I need to get it right this week after last weeks disaster (balotelli)
    if I knew falcao was gonna start it wud be him

Anyone see how bad Arsenal were midweek? Not to mention they have to travel to a very in-form Villa side that are defending very well. Villa have had more rest, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Villa got a result. Even if Arsenal were to win, I will continue to stand by my opinion that Welbeck will not score many goals this season, his finishing is terrible. He squandered a brilliant chance v City and missed 2 glorious chances at Bayern already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Adebayor (WBA)
    I don't have the balls to captain naismith so I'm going to go with augero over costa (have both) honestly fancy him at home over costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Rooney (lei)
    I don't have the balls to captain naismith so I'm going to go with augero over costa (have both) honestly fancy him at home over costa.

Going with Naismith. In form against a poor Palace side. Surprised he isn't in the poll and more aren't in for him. Costa VC.

Adebayor (WBA)
    SkySter wrote: »
    Going with Naismith. In form against a poor Palace side. Surprised he isn't in the poll and more aren't in for him.

True but it's just one of those if it doesn't come off you'll be kicking yourself for not choosing a more reliable choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Di Maria (lei)
    SkySter wrote: »
    Going with Naismith. In form against a poor Palace side. Surprised he isn't in the poll and more aren't in for him. Costa VC.

I've gone against the tide the last two GWs. Siggy was a success, Sterling a failure. Usually you're better off not taking risks with the armband
    (I have Naismith so would be thrilled if he bags a hat trick)

Adebayor (WBA)
    I've gone against the tide the last two GWs. Siggy was a success, Sterling a failure. Usually you're better off not taking risks with the armband
    (I have Naismith so would be thrilled if he bags a hat trick)

True, I stand by that myself when it comes to the captain.

I just try and play it as safe as possible, now naismith is in top form and could well deliver but many won't bother captaining him so even if he does do the biz your likely not to lose too much ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Di Maria (lei)
    Gone with Roo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Going with Costa! Have other options in Aguero, Di Maria, Sterling and Sigursson but see no reason to change from last week. 7 goals in 4 games playing a defence with demichelis in it seems a good choice to me.

Most expecting a tight 1-0/ 0-0 game but I expect Chelsea to bag a couple and city may do likewise.

Advertisement