Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wonski wrote: »
    I have a good feeling this won't happen. He was at 80 previously iirc.

Most people would do transfer tomorrow though, so his transfers out may increase violently. At least it is not going to be 0.2 as some predicted earlier.

I predicted 0.2 earlier in the week because it looked like he would but that was based on last year's system I think now. He'll definitely fall 0.1 tomorrow IMO because the bulk of transfers will occur then.

He doesn't play until Sunday so chances are he could have a fair few transfers on Saturday too.
    Often one extreme reaction provokes another. People see Mata being written off after one game and go to the opposite extreme in his defense. The truth, as always, is probably somewhere in the middle; I think he'll be a solid enough points scorer throughout the season.

I agree. My overall plan is to get him back in as my United cover once I have Aguero up front. My move to transfer him out is more about the team at the minute than the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's a good point. Seems there's high expectations for Mata this weekend on the forum but he hasn't a single vote in the captaincy thread.

No votes for Sterling either:D

To be honest I am done with Mata vs Sterling debate. Too much of this on every single thread from Rate my thread all the way to the Chat thread.

We need a new victim - Ballotelli on the radar now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

IK09 wrote: »
    You should make him your captain so.
    I'm maybe 70% confident that Mata will perform well, but I'm more than 90% confident of a great Costa performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

wonski wrote: »
    I have a good feeling this won't happen. He was at 80 previously iirc.

Most people would do transfer tomorrow though, so his transfers out may increase violently. At least it is not going to be 0.2 as some predicted earlier.

Highly unlikely that he will drop 0.2m

Edging closer to 0.1m drop now though @ between 75-77%

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm maybe 70% confident that Mata will perform well, but I'm more than 90% confident of a great Costa performance.

I dunno how he will perform, but with a player that seems to be having the offloading that Mata's having, 1 more only average performance could see a mass exodus from him. His price will suffer and your backs against the wall in GW3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

I dunno how he will perform, but with a player that seems to be having the offloading that Mata's having, 1 more only average performance could see a mass exodus from him. His price will suffer and your backs against the wall in GW3.

I think this is the big unknown, what will he do this week..........

Like you say, if he has another off week I can see another big sell off, on the other hand, if he manages a good score it will stem the flow and even reverse it a little. At which point everyone will be waiting to see what he does the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mata transfers in are still pretty slow - not guaranteed he drops before tomorrow! Currently at 85%, my gut says he'll hang on. Unfortunately he may not hang on until Sunday.

Per Mertesacker approaching a drop while Kos is going the other way. Mertesacker could be very good value if he continues dropping. He is back training but may not start again this weekend.
    roryc wrote: »
    Mata transfers in are still pretty slow - not guaranteed he drops before tomorrow! Currently at 85%, my gut says he'll hang on. Unfortunately he may not hang on until Sunday.

He's currently the third most transferred out player today, behind Barkley and Giroud. I'd expect transfers will pick up alot towards this afternoon and evening as the team news comes in.

My transfer to Sterling was based on the expectation he would drop at least 0.1 so I'll be left with a bit of egg on my face if he doesn't.

Which is more reliable? fiso.co.uk or totalfpl.com?
    Fiso.co.uk has Fabregas at 80.8% of rise
    totalfpl.com have Fabregas at 43.1% of rise.

Have noticed that the projections are usually quite similar i.e. within 5% of each other.
    For some reason there are acres between these projections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FPL statistics have Fabregas at 90% :).

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    FPL statistics have Fabregas at 90% :).

ChelseaFábregas, Francesc878,983green_flag_max.pngMID
    43.9%

price_rise_max.png12.6%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

SgJiEVS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Which is more reliable? fiso.co.uk or totalfpl.com?
    Fiso.co.uk has Fabregas at 80.8% of rise
    totalfpl.com have Fabregas at 43.1% of rise.

Have noticed that the projections are usually quite similar i.e. within 5% of each other.
    For some reason there are acres between these projections.

This must be due to the uncertainty about what it required for a second price rise in a week. The have a similar discrepancy for Sterling: 13% on totalfpl and 26% fiso. I'd say totalfpl has been adjusted to assume that you need double the amount of transfers for the second price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Would you say my little horsey Clyne will make it?

For those who never spot this update please click on the News tab on fplstatistics.com or go here.

A lot of rises and drops predicted for tonight (not before 2am iirc).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This must be due to the uncertainty about what it required for a second price rise in a week. The have a similar discrepancy for Sterling: 13% on totalfpl and 26% fiso. I'd say totalfpl has been adjusted to assume that you need double the amount of transfers for the second price rise.

This is totally correct. Dier's % halved today on totalfpl; they'd adjusted for the new world with second-per-week rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FISO confirm on their forum that they haven't changed their formulae as they don't have enough data. FPL Statistics figures are broadly similar so they must be the same. TotalFPL won't load for me at prsent but they seem to have adjusted.

So if the new double/triple rules are correct then....
    Siggy and Fab won't rise.
    Costa, Schurrle and probably Kos will.

Lambert, Brady, Cleverly, Luis, Torres, Crouch, Sahko, Sidwell, Brady, Puncheon, Young all set for drops among others.

Cameron looks across the line too. Bearing in mind of course there is more margin for error at this early stage.

He who shall not be named just over at 100.6% on TotalFPL. 98 and 99 on the other two. Let us who held him say a few prayers. He just might make it. But I reckon he'll drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

Is Ward Prowse due to rise ? Hes my target for this week and i cant access fiso thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is Ward Prowse due to rise ? Hes my target for this week and i cant access fiso thanks

Not a chance.

• Advertisement

Mata is @99.3 at the moment:D

0.1 is all we can lose on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Mata loses the 0.1 anyway. Was always going to drop either today or tomorrow, and I don't think many of us would have transferred him out before the Sunderland game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Felipe Luis down to 5.9... Surprising

And a feck load of other players in all positions it seems

Puncheon, Jonny Evans and Shaw all fell last night. They could be decent options in future.

Would be great if Evans didn't feature this weekend and went to 5.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Will El Ahamadi fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

33 price changes in all, R Brady down to 4.9, if he hits form like last season could be worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Can prices fall tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Smartguy wrote: »
    Can prices fall tonight?

Yes. They can fall any night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Filipe Luis will fall again at least once this week. If he nails down a starting spot later in the season, <6m for him is a snip.

• Advertisement

What the hell is going on over at TotalFPL's price changes page??

Advertisement