Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE The Hospice

• 20-02-2007 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

have watched the last couple of episodes of this documentary in awe of the people concerned both patients and family. Last nights episode was heartbreaking. Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

cant watch it, find it to upsetting.....wish i could. i did see that woman on the late late the other week. my heart broke for her and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Watching last nights episode was tough. It was heartbreaking to watch a 36 year old mother having to leave two young children to grow up without her. You could sense Bev's anger in earlier episodes and to watch her deteriorate was tragic. You could feel the effect it had on the staff that knew her well. I'm sure every death is difficult for the staff, but when someone older dies, having lived a full life must be different. I find the programme compelling, it is direct and yet sensitive. The programme makers were brave to tackle such an issue. They have done very well, they've removed the screens and let us glimpse at what will eventually face us all. Well done to all concerned. However hard it was for us to watch, can you imagine what it must be like for the loved ones left behind.
    I wonder if there are plans to visit the families in the future and see how they are coping, might be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Defn agree, the show was put together really well. They do so much good work in that Hospice, was interesting last week when this fella said that he went there because he couldn't face going to hospital as the last time he'd been in hospital he'd been left on a trolley for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

jos28 wrote:
    They have done very well, they've removed the screens and let us glimpse at what will eventually face us all.

That's why I couldn't watch it tbh although it sounds like it was a good series.

Advertisement