Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate things you've laughed at

• 22-02-2012 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Good evening all

As usual in college today I walked past a drinking fountain on my way into the lecture theater but for the first time ever I saw a coloured lad using it. I then recalled a picture from my leaving cert history book of a coloured man in America at a drinking fountain with a sign saying "for coloured only". After thinking of this I chuckled to myself for a moment but then I remembered that that was a terrible time in the history of the United States so I stopped.

The attached picture is very similar to the one in the book as far as I remember.

So people of AH what have you laughed at that you shouldn't have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I found the scene in misery where James caan got his ankles broken to be hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Getting the giggles at a relatives funeral:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I came across this guy today calling a black guy a "coloured lad."

I loled.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Of a Sunday morning when I was a lad I would frequently be found standing at the back of the church in tears trying desperately yet failing to hold in convulsions of laughter at something that was probably not funny but seemed down right hilarious at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

People with funny walks or funny voices cant help myself . Special place in hell for me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I came across this guy today calling a black guy a "coloured lad."

I lolled:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I know I shouldn't but I find this hilarious. Probably the most offensive song ever written. There are so many things wrong with it I don't know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

When I saw the baby skip on the road.That was a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'm coloured and can't see what's funny about it. In fact, I thought we were all coloured.

My eyes are blue, lips red, my skin a pasty white with some brown spots, my hair snow white and the top of my knob a bluish red. Is that coloured enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I laught at pretty much anything that's inappropriate. My friend got pregnant recently and another made gave out to me because I wanted to give her a card that said "you'll make a great single mom"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Was on a camping holiday in France when I was a kid and there was like a communal tv room on the site. I sat there laughing my head off at an overdubbed episode of 'Rosanne'. The overdubbing seemed hilarious to me. The other people there were looking at me like I was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

When I went to see the south park movie I was the only person to laugh at the get behind the darkies bit. What felt like every person in the cinema was looking directly at me.

Good Times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I switched on Fair City the other night to see a guy with two small arms and I laughed, totally inappropriate and I felt guilty after it :o

But it got me thinking, how bad is Irish acting talent if they had to get a deformed English actor for an Irish soap :confused: Unless his disorder was part of a storyline.

This is the guy and I am sorry for laughing, not sure what came over me

http://img.rasset.ie/0004bf40-628.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

So OP, what colour was this, um... "coloured guy"?

Did he have a grey tint or a hint of blue?

Are you sure he wasn't black?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I laughed during 'My left foot'
    A lot ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

On a school tour many years ago to some factory in Shannon(exciting I know, but anything to get out of class) The woman giving the tour said they take a "hands on approach" to something didn't catch the rest of the sentence, it took all my efforts not to burst out laughing at her, I have no idea why I found this funny but I did

I also giggled during the fight scene at the end of Gangs of New York, where everything was blowing up around them, my friends thought it sounded evil and sadistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Whats black, has wheels and sits at the top of the stairs?
    Stephen Hawking after a house fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I once took a photo of a guy in a wheelchair and made one of those "they see me rollin" pictures out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Plug wrote: »
    Getting the giggles at a relatives funeral:pac:

When my beloved grandmother passed away.....early one December, as her eldest granddaughter (and very close to her indeed :-) I was expected to do the whole rose into the grave....no bother, it was my honour....however I was recovering from a broken foot and I was in one of those old graveyards that are all uneven and you must climb over graves (as best you can) to get to your own plot. I thought of this but dismissed it as our family plot is very nearly on the pathway....so I struggled there with a big cast on me left foot and as I leaned forward to sadly say my final farewell...my brother, behind me, slipped bumped into me and away I went head first, crutch and all on top of Granny :eek::eek::eek:

Handicapped as I was, I was of no help to myself in getting out and in the end it took 4 lads and about 10 minutes to haul me out:eek: So there I am face down in the hole, sniggering to be clearly heard above me......People had to go home and change their underwear after that funeral!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Why did Sally fall off the swing?
    Because she had no arms

Why couldn't Sally get back up?
    Because she had no legs

Why didn't anyone help Sally?
    Because she had no friends

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

Fart wrote: »
    So OP, what colour was this, um... "coloured guy"?

Did he have a grey tint or a hint of blue?

Are you sure he wasn't black?

You're so witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 USEURILLUSION

Pandora2 wrote: »
    When my beloved grandmother passed away.....early one December, as her eldest granddaughter (and very close to her indeed :-) I was expected to do the whole rose into the grave....no bother, it was my honour....however I was recovering from a broken foot and I was in one of those old graveyards that are all uneven and you must climb over graves (as best you can) to get to your own plot. I thought of this but dismissed it as our family plot is very nearly on the pathway....so I struggled there with a big cast on me left foot and as I leaned forward to sadly say my final farewell...my brother, behind me, slipped bumped into me and away I went head first, crutch and all on top of Granny :eek::eek::eek:

Handicapped as I was, I was of no help to myself in getting out and in the end it took 4 lads and about 10 minutes to haul me out:eek: So there I am face down in the hole, sniggering to be clearly heard above me......People had to go home and change their underwear after that funeral!![/hilarious]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

idunnoshur wrote: »
    You're so witty.

That attention to detail is what I need in order to get a proper reaction from that story. As the rule goes here, if he was black... I'm not allowed to laugh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

A lump of stone falling on a girls head. No one noticed thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I like a good holocaust joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Next door neighbour was arguing with her daughter about 2 weeks ago. Mother was sitting in drivers seat of car yelling "will you hurry up and get into the the fookin car", daughter rushs and jumps in and with that mammy tears off and out flys her daughter, the poor youngone did'nt even have time to close her door and belt up :D.

I would'nt have laughed so hard if it was a child but she was in her late teens. Priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

When I was a lot younger, my friends gran who had Alzheimer's disease constantly asking the same questions about me.
    But I was 10 so, it's not too bad.

Sometimes I get the giggles at funerals though, that's quite bad!

Advertisement