Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The David Harvey Show on 4FM

• 19-07-2011 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The topical alternative to Liveline ...

Weekdays 1-3pm

http://www.4fm.ie/davidharveyshow/

It’s a show where PC doesn’t mean polite conversation. Provocative, probing and taking the proverbial, that’s David Harvey. David engages his wit, charm and tongue in cheek approach to the issues of the day as well life in general. We promise you won’t be bored.

CONTACT THE SHOW
    Text: 53544 (20 Cent per text)
    Phone: 1850 4 104 94
    Email: harvey@4fm.ie
    DUBLIN 94.9FM
    CORK 94.8FM
    LIMERICK 104.2FM
    GALWAY 104.9FM
    CLARE 104.6FM

Here's their tuning guide, with more frequencies, also has links for online listening, iphone apps etc ...

http://www.4fm.ie/fm/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Heard this for the first time today, sounds quite good.

Topical, pacey and caller driven.

Going to try it for a while, can't be any worse than Liveline at the moment ...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fair play Skid can't be worse than Joooeeee the last few days and is a good unFunny Friday alternative to those who can't leave Joe (yet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭miketv

I also agree, after liveline been rubbish over the last 2 days its nice to have an alternative talkshow. The bit I heard today I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

yea its a great show and niall at night now is a top show altough hes on holidays this week. new 4 fm sounding great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Listened in today myself after flicking around due to being unable to stick anymore Liveline. Awful the past two days.

Good first impressions of Harvey though! Will definitely be giving this a listen tomorrow.

• Advertisement

David Harvey is on now, talking about Pamela Izevbekhai

Lively debate so far, he's not happy about the expense incurred on this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Auror

Go Dave! :D

Jeez that Timothy is some angry .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

Hi all, I’m a liveline deserter. Joe can stick his Artane Industrial school guilt trip up his hole

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just turned radio on, lasted 2 minutes of Joe. What's the show on here about today?

pc7 wrote: »
    Just turned radio on, lasted 2 minutes of Joe. What's the show on here about today?

A full hour of Pamela Izevbekhai so far, and more to come.

Reasonably good standard of debate, callers with nothing to say are dumped quickly.

Not bad.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks Skid couldn't face anymore Artane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

David Harvey is where its at for me now,hope more see the light.
    Way longer than liveline,better topics,better presenter & more balanced.

Liveline is a shambles of a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Not bad, good to see competition for Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭miketv

yep nice alternative to Liveline. David Harvey is doing a good job.

Plenty of Irish scamming the dole, not just foreigners.

Plenty of Irish scamming the dole, not just foreigners.

True, it's wrong to discuss it in the context of deportations, without making that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What is it with irish sites using proprietary technologies for their online radio. Realplayer for RTE and Windows Media Player for 4fm. Does anyone have a flash-based or HTTP/RTP based link for listening to 4fm online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

David Harvey is not bad at all keeping it moving along nice & lively & seems to have no problem thinking on his feet. Reminds me of what Liveline used to be like ....

Love that Joe Duffys researchers got slagged there, :)

I like the caller plugging every other Radio phone in, even after DH told him not to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

RIP liveline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

syklops wrote: »
    What is it with irish sites using proprietary technologies for their online radio. Realplayer for RTE and Windows Media Player for 4fm. Does anyone have a flash-based or HTTP/RTP based link for listening to 4fm online?

Try www.tunein.com and search for 4fm.

Is this guy on a skype phone? Im finding it very hard to understand him (not being racist) just very hard follow him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Kensington wrote: »
    Try www.tunein.com and search for 4fm.

Thanks, Im in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Another refugee (oops) from Miseryline here

Is this guy on a skype phone? Im finding it very hard to understand him (not being racist) just very hard follow him.

Combination of a strong accent and a bad line, doesn't make for good radio.

I think they overdid this subject a bit, Nearly two hours of it is a bit much.

I suppose it's something that gets the phonelines hopping.

Skid wrote: »

Ta I thought my phone was buffering the stream. I only tuned in at 2 so not too bad, he really lets them loose quite surprised, enjoying it.

Skid wrote: »

Jaysus, Duffys nearly done six full hours on Artaine/Industrial schools!;)

Think the advisor is wrong there - isn't it six years after the debt is cleared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

heard bits of liveline at the start today and turned over for a while to this chap. wasnt trying to keep it all pc and friendly unlike that useless fecker on rte. that artane thing was like listening to a bunch of kids trying to out do each other by seeing who got the hardest beating

Advertisement