Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M20 - Cork to Limerick [preferred route chosen; in design - phase 3]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Isambard wrote: »
    the Waterloo junction is a bad one, several bad accidents there. Is it the sightlines I wonder?

I had a guy pull out across the junction right under my bonnet and I only missed him by pulling right across the road almost on to the grass , thankfully the road was clear.

People take chances there coming up from Waterloo. I don't think it's too bad sightlines wise, could do with a longer turning lane.
    At the end of the day the road is at capacity and needs to be replaced/ upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

People take chances there coming up from Waterloo. I don't think it's too bad sightlines wise, could do with a longer turning lane.
    At the end of the day the road is at capacity and needs to be replaced/ upgraded.

I've told these 3 that already, not that i'll get a response.

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/907572031587328000

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I've told these 3 that already, not that i'll get a response.

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/907572031587328000
    Leo has said several times that he's pro M20 since becoming Taoiseach.

If he is, you will see a definite announcement before year end as he is publishing his new capital plan and the roads budgets for 2018.

marno21 wrote: »

If he is, you will see a definite announcement before year end as he is publishing his new capital plan and the roads budgets for 2018.
    https://twitter.com/corksafetyalert/status/907706980374020097
    I really hope he keeps his word.

Tree down on the road now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

there is no turning lane any more coming up from Waterloo, these were done away with some time ago, although people use the hard shoulder as an acceleration lane which is quite annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

there is no turning lane any more coming up from Waterloo, these were done away with some time ago, although people use the hard shoulder as an acceleration lane which is quite annoying

Why is it quiet annoying? Without it I wouldnt be able to join the traffic in the mornings. I speed up in the hard shoulder to match the speed of the traffic instead of pulling straight out in front of on coming traffic.

rounders wrote: »
    Why is it quiet annoying? Without it I wouldnt be able to join the traffic in the mornings. I speed up in the hard shoulder to match the speed of the traffic instead of pulling straight out in front of on coming traffic.

because it's distracting to have a vehicle wandering along the hard shoulder which may pull out in front of you at any time. Potentially dangerous.

I was referring to the turning land on the N20, it was still there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

marno21 wrote: »

I will not believe he is pro M20 until he commits hard actual funds to it. He was Transport Minister who canceled it 6 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

one particular lady in a Red Toyota was the culprit this morning and has been many mornings, stuck in a straight line doing 60kph the whole way.

I think at this stage everyone travelling the N20 between 7.30 and 8.00 weekday mornings would be familiar with this particular driver, her driving is very questionable and in my opinion downright dangerous at times, no way will she pull over to leave the traffic pass her, there's been mornings where there are literally dozens of vehicles behind her with some attempting to overtake at dangerous/busy stretches of the road out of pure frustration had having been behind her for miles. I've been tempted to report her to the Gardai on several occasions, and one of these days I will before she is the cause of a serious accident.

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    I think at this stage everyone travelling the N20 between 7.30 and 8.00 weekday mornings would be familiar with this particular driver, her driving is very questionable and in my opinion downright dangerous at times, no way will she pull over to leave the traffic pass her, there's been mornings where there are literally dozens of vehicles behind her with some attempting to overtake at dangerous/busy stretches of the road out of pure frustration had having been behind her for miles. I've been tempted to report her to the Gardai on several occasions, and one of these days I will before she is the cause of a serious accident.

I can just imagine the frustration that causes through the 2+1 where you can't pass at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,381 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I really think you should have a word. I know she likely needs the car to get around etc but I'm actually very sick of the cavalier attitude a huge swath of the Irish motoring populace have to driving and their "ah sure it's grand" attitude. Driving behavior and road safety starts at the individual level.

I think if every poster here who gets stuck behind her, reports her, something might get done.
    I saw her parked up outside Dairygold in Mallow a few weeks ago and she was trying to get onto the road, talk about an ordeal,edging on and then stopping due to traffic nearly 200 metres away from her.

talk about an ordeal,edging on and then stopping due to traffic nearly 200 metres away from her.

You would possibly make some allowance if she was elderly, not familiar with busy roads, etc but she appears to be only in her 50s and has been travelling that Mallow/Cork route for years, previously in a red Toyota Starlet! I would be surprised if she has not been reported to the Gardai already as this has been going on for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Probably still on her provisional licence

I think if every poster here who gets stuck behind her, reports her, something might get done.
    I saw her parked up outside Dairygold in Mallow a few weeks ago and she was trying to get onto the road, talk about an ordeal,edging on and then stopping due to traffic nearly 200 metres away from her.

Is she an older or younger lady? She needs to be taken aside and taught to drive competently. If she can't do that, she shouldn't be on the roads.

road_high wrote: »
    Is she an older or younger lady?

She's only in her 50's!

Is she an older or younger lady? She needs to be taken aside and taught to drive competently. If she can't do that, she shouldn't be on the roads.

Late 40's- early 50's, glasses. Drives in a continuous straight line. Sometimes I spot her ahead of me in Sundays Well and I know its going to be breaking all the way Blarney.
    If I catch a break at the cross before Blarney and I can sometimes overtake her around Blarney Business Park.

Late 40's- early 50's, glasses. Drives in a continuous straight line. Sometimes I spot her ahead of me in Sundays Well and I know its going to be breaking all the way Blarney.
    If I catch a break at the cross before Blarney and I can sometimes overtake her around Blarney Business Park.

Roads are too busy these days for this kind of rubbish, hazards of all kinds, including drivers should be addressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Roads are too busy these days for this kind of rubbish, hazards of all kinds, including drivers should be addressed.

Banish all the speeders and crawlers - things would be so much better for all of us ordinary decent drivers. Encountered two speeding arseholes today - one that took me via the hard shoulder despite the fact that I had accelerated to near the speed limit (80kph) shortly after a roundabout - another took me on a ghost island in a traffic calming zone - both those idiots need to redo their driving test - theory and all! Other days, I get dangerous crawlers on the M1 (around 80kph) even with a reasonable parallel alternative (R132) that has an 80kph limit.

• Advertisement

Last Winter on a dark morning I overtook her before entering the 50k limit near Blarney as I knew she would continue to drive at 30k all the way into Western Road, well she put her full head lights on me for a good 5 minutes, again dangerous carry on. I've regularly seen several cars having to overtake her on that 50k stretch from Blarney into Shanakill as her driving is almost at a standstill on that stretch, a tractor would be driving faster!

Last Winter on a dark morning I overtook her before entering the 50k limit near Blarney as I knew she would continue to drive at 30k all the way into Western Road, well she put her full head lights on me for a good 5 minutes, again dangerous carry on. I've regularly seen several cars having to overtake her on that 50k stretch from Blarney into Shanakill as her driving is almost at a standstill on that stretch, a tractor would be driving faster!

Is that the route she takes? up along ****** hill towards Clogheen towards Sunday's well?

Can't say i've seen her around here but i'll be keeping a bloody eye out!

Is that the route she takes? up along ****** hill towards Clogheen towards Sunday's well?

Yes that's the route she takes from Mallow and then turns left at Western Road heading towards UCC, drives an 08 Toyota Corolla. I only ever come across her in the mornings between 7.30 and 8.00 on various parts of the N20, not sure what time she does the return journey.

Yes that's the route she takes from Mallow and then turns left at Western Road heading towards UCC, drives an 08 Toyota Corolla. I only ever come across her in the mornings between 7.30 and 8.00 on various parts of the N20, not sure what time she does the return journey.

That lady is actually on 39 would you believe :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

That lady is actually on 39 would you believe :pac:
    Really surprising given that so many young female drivers would run you off the road - had to take evasive action on a couple of occasions.

Middle Man wrote: »
    Really surprising given that so many young female drivers would run you off the road - had to take evasive action on a couple of occasions.

I've come across her in the truck on a few occasions, i've actually parked up and taken my break when i seen her previously.

Report her! She sounds like an absolute menace for other road users...

Report her! She sounds like an absolute menace for other road users...

Oh jayus if only i could say here publicly what she's like :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: Can we leave driving style to the motoring forum and keep this thread firmly on the M20 - Cork to Limerick.

I may delete off topic posts later.

• Advertisement

I have to say the new roundabout layout at Annabella, Mallow, is a huge improvement, especially with traffic coming from Cork during evening rush-hour.

Advertisement