Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

• 07-01-2013 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There will be a big pokemon announcement tomorrow morning, at 11am in the form of a nintendo direct, hosted by Satoru Iwata. The money is on either the announcement of a ruby/sapphire/emerald remake, or more likely, the announcement of the 6th generation. So stay tuned to them pokemon websites(or here)

Mod note: There will be spoilers for the new games posted in this thread in the form of articles, links and pictures etc... Read no further if you want to remain spoiler free!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm gonna say Gen 3 remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If it's a "big" announcement, there's only one thing it can be.

Pikachus are real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They've invented robot pokemon....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I really do hope it's a R/S/E remake! Hoenn was my favourite region and it'd be nice to go back and play through it again on the ds and with all the new 'mon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193851
    Ok probably not true but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

^

God that was awesome just reading that.

NEW EEVEE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

So excited :D

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will be released on the Nintendo 3DS worldwide in October 2013 :D

268397_509753625722551_151931233_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dibs on the Fire type, so cute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Crap, now I need to buy a 3DS.

On the bright side my 3ds is now worth owning :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feck the 3DS, feck it I say!

*grumble grumble* I'll get it eventually anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm nonplussed about this.

It's going to make Gen 5 as short as Gens 1 and 2 were (for non-Japanese countries), and from the trailer it still looks like player characters can only move in the cardinal directions - which sort of defeats the point of a fully 3D game (e.g. Colosseum, XD). It makes it look like Gen 5 with a lower camera angle and models instead of sprites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Don't care, I excited.

My birthday is in October (shared with Buzz!) so I know what I want already. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Looks good! It'll go perfect with my pikachu 3ds XL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I love this guy, it looks as it the Legendary Pokemon form an X and Y shape
    BAFWuAVCIAE54iq.jpg:large

Nice looking legendary there. And the fire starter is great, please don't be fire/fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The legendary is quite Ghibli.
    I'd love the two teams to work together actually, that would be magical.

CianRyan wrote: »
    The legendary is quite Ghibli.
    I'd love the two teams to work together actually, that would be magical.

A ghibli developed pokemon game, that'd be spectacular!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I prefer this legendary:

xlarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

ffs gotta buy a 3ds now.

I'll be taking water this gen

Nah I thought the stag thing was really nice.

• yea rumour from serbii that there dna type pokemon as in at hole new type of pokemon

This looks so good :D way better than 5th gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

yea rumour from serbii that there dna type pokemon as in at hole new type of pokemon

Serebii rumours = pulled from Joe's ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

That Serebii thing is total crap. They have as much intel as my Aunt Susan does. And DNA type would be moronic regardless, I give Nintendo more credit. If anything, they'd probably throw in Light as a type if they were to add another, which they probably won't.

I'm throwing in the guess of Chaos vs Order for the Legendary theme this time. Because Y-Wing looks chaotic, and Deer-Crossing is all blue and junk. Besides, what could be more esoteric than Truth and Ideals?

Also, Firefox pwns Farmadillo and Steve Zwissoad (seriously, I need a better joke name for that frog. The other names are awesome though, shu'up)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Make the theme be about maths, thus a step up from time and space.

The teams will fight over the formulation of a useful set theory and risk the world in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The legendaries have names, according to Eurogamer.
    Nintendo's Pokémon developer Game Freak remains focused on handheld games, rather than a home console version of its smash hit series.

The franchise will continue on 3DS this October with Pokémon X and Y, and it is with portable consoles that Game Freak's interest lies.

"Traditionally Game Freak has always loved the game to be on a portable device because of the communication, trading, and the experience of taking this adventure with you," J.C. Smith, Pokémon Company International exec explained to Game Informer.

"That's why they've always prioritised a portable version of the game first. They've always liked what you can do in the real world with that... It comes down to what the creators want to do. Every time I've heard them talk about it, it's been about the portable experience."

Since the Pokémon X and Y announcement yesterday, a number of new tidbits have surfaced. The names of the eponymous X and Y legendary Pokémon, briefly glimpsed at the end of yesterday's trailer, are Xerneas and Yveltal.

Nintendo has told us these are to be pronounced "ZURR-ne-us" and "ee-VELL-tawl", in case you were wondering.

New information from The Pokémon Company in Japan (via Gematsu and Game Jouhou) clarifies the number of new Pokémon in X and Y will number at least 50, enough to take the total amount of critters across the whole series north of 700.

"People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience 'Real Play'," a statement from the company's president Tsunekazu Ishihara revealed. "The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world."

It sounds like this refers to online play, but the wording that it feels "as if" you were playing online could suggest areas of the game populated by offline 3DS friends, similar to the Nintendo Land plaza on Wii U.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-09-nintendo-handheld-consoles-remain-focus-for-pokemon-rpgs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Only 50 new ones stated? Bit ****. Sure hope that number at least climbs to 100.

Also, I'm calling it now; continental Europe region. I know everyone is saying France, but I can't imagine they'd leave it that limited. I'd like to think every major city will be based off a major European city. I just do :P

Advertisement