Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any gamers in Cavan, want to create a games cafe

• 06-11-2012 1:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

I have a bit of spare space in my shop on the main street and am interested in putting in 8 or so gaming machines on a gigabit lan,

Anyone up to date on online gaming in Cavan? Its been a while since my quake and counter strike days, will toss a few grand into the project with a bit of guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'd say with high speed home broad band this would be hard to make a profitable business.

However from a club sort of idea I think it would work.

I'd contact GameStop, good few of the lads in there play online COD, WOW etc. I'm sure they'd know of players In the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You could also add in table top war games, after apex closed there is no where for anyone to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'd say with high speed home broad band this would be hard to make a profitable business.
    However from a club sort of idea I think it would work.
    I'd contact GameStop, good few of the lads in there play online COD, WOW etc. I'm sure they'd know of players In the area.

It could work but I think you should look into the costs first . I.e 8 P.C.s , A Valve Cafe Licence , The Electricity and misscillaneous costs . The good thing about having 8 P.C.s is the fact you could have a small internet cafe when they are not being used for gaming .

Advertisement