Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Felexicon wrote: »
    It's not really silverware though is it.
    Come back to us when you have a provincial/All Ireland crown

That cups looks silver to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

What is it then if it's not silverware?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

ronaneire wrote: »
    What is it then if it's not silverware?
    It's a Mickey Mouse cup.
    You don't deserve a trophy unless you finish top of the table which you didn't
    Kildare are paper champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

It's a Mickey Mouse cup.
    You don't deserve a trophy unless you finish top of the table which you didn't
    Kildare are paper champions

And Meath are in division 3 ;)

ronaneire wrote: »
    And Meath are in division 3 ;)
    At least we're not masquerading as champions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

At least we're not masquerading as champions

Louth . . . :pac:

bruschi wrote: »
    Louth . . . :pac:
    What when they knocked you out of the championship a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

who got tg4 man of the match??

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Conway as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

you come back IF LOUTH EVER WIN LEINSTER!!!

Bitter about the year you managed to beat a Kildare team that didn't turn up and Meath rightly beat you in final only for roughian Louth fans to attack the ref?? Back it up there WEE MAN

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Advertisement

What when they knocked you out of the championship a few years ago

Oh your from Louth?? LMFAO sure Meath won Leinster that year didn't they?

Apologies to Meath fans with my last post I thought he was from Meath and obviously came in starting trouble here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I know Felexicon is only on a wind-up but he's right all the same, this really is only a mickey mouse cup and nothing to get excited about. This Kildare team have been progressing well over the last few years and should be eyeing bigger prizes at this stage. No harm in winning the division 2 title but it's nothing to write home about either, and I'm sure McGeeney thinks that way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Genuine congrats to Kildare, were very, very good yesterday, Fogarty looks a talent, and he could be the person who need to get those 4/5 points from play I reckon you will need in the big games come the summer.

Mickey Mouse Cup or not, consistency has been shown this year and should be a good Leinster campaign and if Dublin / Kildare are to meet (which they should) it will be a great game.

you come back IF LOUTH EVER WIN LEINSTER!!!

Bitter about the year you managed to beat a Kildare team that didn't turn up and Meath rightly beat you in final only for roughian Louth fans to attack the ref?? Back it up there WEE MAN

CILL DARA ABÚ
    I think you'll find I'm from Meath. Clearly stated in my bio

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Genuine congrats to Kildare, were very, very good yesterday, Fogarty looks a talent, and he could be the person who need to get those 4/5 points from play I reckon you will need in the big games come the summer.

Mickey Mouse Cup or not, consistency has been shown this year and should be a good Leinster campaign and if Dublin / Kildare are to meet (which they should) it will be a great game.
    They were consistantly poor at the start of the campaign

They were consistantly poor at the start of the campaign

Two games equals consistently poor??

Louth definitely are consistently poor so!!!

Two games equals consistently poor??

Louth definitely are consistently poor so!!!
    Again I'm from Meath
    Granted we were also consistently poor this year

aidan24326 wrote: »
    I know Felexicon is only on a wind-up but he's right all the same, this really is only a mickey mouse cup and nothing to get excited about. This Kildare team have been progressing well over the last few years and should be eyeing bigger prizes at this stage. No harm in winning the division 2 title but it's nothing to write home about either, and I'm sure McGeeney thinks that way too.

Kildare have shown bottle in beating Tyrone that's what I am really excited about, they showed great bottle in second half IMO

Nobody is talking bout being champions as he has stated the fans are excited the lads are performing well that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

The big positive from Kildare yesterday was the performance of the defence. To hold Tyrone to five points from play was a great effort. Bolton had been superb going forward recently (two goals and winning a penalty in as many games) but he was sacrificed yesterday to do a job on Mulligan. McGrillen shut Cavanagh out and Morgan O'Flaherty hoovered up plenty of loose ball. Ollie Lyons has added some much needed pace over the past twelve months and great to see Kelly (my MOTM) back to his best after his injury.

Up top, Smith and Kavanagh have had better days but Podgie Fogarty showed we have options when things aren't working out.

To be far it was a great performance yesterday and a well deserved win. If Meath had won a league title yesterday I'd be crippled by a hangover today.
    I really do hope Kildare bring this form into the championship and inject some much needed life into the Leinster championship as I can't see any other team troubling Dublin at provincial level.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Brilliant win yesterday, the fitness Kildare showed in the second half was amazing. Padraig Fogarty was difference IMO, he came on and scored 3 points, set up 1 and won a free that was converted, hopefully he can keep up that form for the championship. Inspired substitution from McGeeney.

I thought Peter Kelly was impressive on Mulligan, Mikey Conway's passing was top drawer throughout. JD as usual was excellent and scored a point from a sideline at the end. It's good to show we are capable of beating a team like Tyrone in Croker.

On a side note very disappointing crowd there yesterday, no atmosphere whatsoever.

Again I'm from Meath
    Granted we were also consistently poor this year

When Meath were relegated myself and several others from here went into Meath thread and consoled the Meath faithful, you choose to make ill wanted comments after Kildare win div 2?? And u were relegated from same league??

Cop on will you your argument is just stupid, half a Kildare team lost well to Tyrone first league game and lost to Monaghan again missing regulars but Monaghan played really well to be fair!!

Kildare deserve praise not sniping comments from the bottom of the barrel ie you sir!!

I suggest you stick to Meath forum and be constructive in discussing your counties massive problems instead of being bitter on the Kildare forum..

Your obviously trolling, now cop on to yourself please

CILL DARA ABÚ

To be far it was a great performance yesterday and a well deserved win. If Meath had won a league title yesterday I'd be crippled by a hangover today.
    I really do hope Kildare bring this form into the championship and inject some much needed life into the Leinster championship as I can't see any other team troubling Dublin at provincial level.

Oh my god nasty then nice???

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to Simon cowell!!! ;)

Brilliant win yesterday, the fitness Kildare showed in the second half was amazing. Padraig Fogarty was difference IMO, he came on and scored 3 points, set up 1 and won a free that was converted, hopefully he can keep up that form for the championship. Inspired substitution from McGeeney.

I thought Peter Kelly was impressive on Mulligan, Mikey Conway's passing was top drawer throughout. JD as usual was excellent and scored a point from a sideline at the end. It's good to show we are capable of beating a team like Tyrone in Croker.

On a side note very disappointing crowd there yesterday, no atmosphere whatsoever.

Great game alright!
    Where we're you in croker? We had an absolute ball about 12 lads great day out IMO anyways. Didnt think atmosphere was terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

I've put together a tactical take on this game for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=5760

Great game alright!
    Where we're you in croker? We had an absolute ball about 12 lads great day out IMO anyways. Didnt think atmosphere was terrible?
    I was in the Cusack. The crowd was small so it was very quiet.

Anyway it was still a great day.:D

Emmet Ryan wrote: »
    I've put together a tactical take on this game for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=5760
    Mikey Conlon?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

Mikey Conlon?

Aye sorry about that, was writing off my notes at 7 this morning and miss read it. That's been fixed.

I was in the Cusack. The crowd was small so it was very quiet.

Anyway it was still a great day.:D

Truly was, anyone see Johnston sitting with panel? He seems very confident transfer will happen.

Was also in cusack, crowd was small but the group I was with we're in great form lol!!!

Who would have thought after first 2 league games we would be div 2 champions ;)

• Advertisement

Truly was, anyone see Johnston sitting with panel? He seems very confident transfer will happen.

Was also in cusack, crowd was small but the group I was with we're in great form lol!!!

Who would have thought after first 2 league games we would be div 2 champions ;)
    I know it has its own thread but do Kildare really want/need Johnston.
    I've seen him a few times for Cavan and of course he stands out as thier best forward. But it is the best of a bad lot.

Advertisement