Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Listening to KFM earlier!!! The ****ing moaning from people re where the match is being played is doing my head in!!!!!!!!!

Seriously some people are never happy!! Sligo isn't gonna be an easy game do we really need all this ****te before a big game!!!

I swear if I hear should be played in Tullamore once more I will decapitate some moaning bastard!!!!

:D

You're not a very strong debater, are you? I'll reply to the rest of your other post in the morning when I'm back in work but you wrote this in your post above:
    2. A certain element are moaning about conspiracy **** not Kildare fans general as you seem to be generalising the county fans!

And then you wrote directly above:
    Listening to KFM earlier!!! The ****ing moaning from people re where the match is being played is doing my head in!!!!!!!!!

Seriously some people are never happy!! Sligo isn't gonna be an easy game do we really need all this ****te before a big game!!!

I swear if I hear should be played in Tullamore once more I will decapitate some moaning bastard!!!!

So, which is it? Very hard to keep track of your opinions to be honest. They change in the space of two posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭celt262

Is this game on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

celt262 wrote: »
    Is this game on tv?

Nope, Laois v Meath is being televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lemlin wrote: »
    You're not a very strong debater, are you? I'll reply to the rest of your other post in the morning when I'm back in work but you wrote this in your post above:

And then you wrote directly above:

So, which is it? Very hard to keep track of your opinions to be honest. They change in the space of two posts.
    How lemlin
    Because I said in general Kildare people are not moaning apart from few here and a couple of mongos on KFM??

What my debating skills entail has no significance here I suggest you high tail it back to the Cavan thread.

We will never see eye to eye as you use google to drag up facts and tbh I find it boring sitting at a computer trying to argue with your Internet search engine!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Why are posters from other counties posting in The Kildare Discussion Thread?

I hope they are as worried about their own counties as they seem to have some sort of vested interest in the goings on in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who cares where it's on, or who posts here. Just as long as we win, and keep smirking at gaa hq. MON KILDARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I hope they are as worried about their own counties as they seem to have some sort of vested interest in the goings on in Kildare.

You've a neck like a jockeys bollix after yer "in running" match posts in the Dublin v Meath Final Thread :rolleyes:

beertons wrote: »
    Who cares where it's on, or who posts here. Just as long as we win, and keep smirking at gaa hq. MON KILDARE.

Agree most important to get results and Sligo game isn't gonna be a walkover trust me

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Posters from any county can post in any thread!

Keep the thread on topic and civil please - infractions and bans for those who don't, have had to hand out a warning already, any posters using these forums for a personal vendetta will be banned for a week - lot of people getting sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

The absolute cheek of you!!!

I have already warned you a few days ago and my patience is running very thin. If you feel that other posters do not have a right to discuss things regarding Kildare, then nobody can.

I edited this thread for general Kildare discussion and I can certainly suspend/close it if you don't cop on.

I don;t want to have to do that for the likes of DK etc but you really are getting on my nerves with your tripe.

• Advertisement

How lemlin
    Because I said in general Kildare people are not moaning apart from few here and a couple of mongos on KFM??

What my debating skills entail has no significance here I suggest you high tail it back to the Cavan thread.

We will never see eye to eye as you use google to drag up facts and tbh I find it boring sitting at a computer trying to argue with your Internet search engine!!!!

A discussion forum is basically a place for the debating of points so if you feel that your "debating skills" have "no significance" then IMO you are hugely mistaken.

You said that Kildare fans in general are not moaning or claiming a conspiracy theory about the ground change. In your next post, you then stated that you were sick of listening to people on KFM giving out about the location.

Now, do you understand that's a contradiction or do you want me to draw a diagram?

As for the rest of your earlier posts:

1. Kildare debt is a national discussion point. It's been discussed by people from Derry (Joe Brolly), Mayo (Kevin McStay) and Kerry (Pat Spillane). As well as plenty of other counties so I will continue to discuss it.

2. You have already contradicted this point yourself with your reference to KFM.

3. No-one is spilling poision. I was expressing an opinion.

4. Yes, still in the championship but, for a team that ye lads were calling the 4th best for the All Ireland at the start of the championship, have ye performed to your expectations? Given that the manager has now had 5 years at the helm?

5. I'm glad for you that you love travelling. However, it would appear that other Kildare fans do not given the level of moaning about the location which you have referred to yourself.

6. What grievances? I am expressing an opinion. We're back to this problem that, if anyone raises even a slightly negative opinion about KIldare, they're on a witch hunt. That said, some fans want to move the game further away to Clones so I guess some do love travelling.

7. Why Johnston was dropped by Cavan has already been discussed on numerous occasions. I'm not going to go over the point yet AGAIN. Interesting you brought it in though as I didn't mention Johnston in my post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id just like to know why is Lemlin obsessed with hatred for Kildare?
    Im a member of this forum for many years and in all my time ive never seen such bitterness and what apprears to be genuine hatred directed at a team/personality or whatever on a consistent basis.

Whats the craic man?
    Why so much hate?
    There are countless posts from you having a go at Kildare at every opportunity.
    Come on you can tell us,we are here to help :)
    Were you attacked by a flock of sheep on the Curragh or something and forever hold a grudge for Kildare folks? :D

Seriously though your posts in general once not about Kildare are decent but once Kildare comes into the frame you go ape **** on us :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Here we go again, a slightly negative opinion is given and someone has an obsession and hatred. I used to have the same levelled at me about Dublin.

The opinion I give is my honest opinion of Kildare. They are hugely hyped by the media for a number of reasons IMO:

1. The former darlings of the media, Dublin, have actually won something so the media have moved on from them.
    2. McGeeney is constanly creating stories for the media with his downright arrogance against the GAA. At this stage, its at proposterous levels.
    3. The large population in Kildare.
    4. The hard training and dedication they give has become almost legend like in the media.

I also think its true to say that neutral support for them is waning. Alot of it was lost through the Johnston debacle and it now continues with matters such as questioning venues and the constant whingeing about how hard done by the team are by McGeeney.

If others are like me, they're also probably sick of hearing myths about how this team must be the fittest on the planet and Kieran McGeeney practically eats small animals for strength he craves success that much.

I've also pointed out on a numerous of occasions that they are by no means the fourth best team in Ireland IMO and won't be until they beat a top side. Is that incorrect? Would you agree with lads on here saying Kildare are the 4th best team in Ireland? I wouldn't. They're in a group of teams after Kerry, Cork, Dublin and Donegal for me, alongside Mayo, Tyrone and it could be even argued Down or Meath. Yet, when I point this out, I'm accused of being baised and a hatred.

What would you say I have said that is overly negative? I'd be interested in seeing some of your examples.

My opinion probably comes across worse though because I find myself disagreeing with the points made by the likes of Dark Knight and Diego Maradona, which are often easily proved wrong. Then another Kildare poster, Mightysticks, tried to tell me on another thread that he had watched Gearoid McKiernan play online and on TV on numerous occasions yet, at the time, McKiernan had only played in two matches that were televised. Perhaps if some of the posters from the county based their items more on fact than fiction then I wouldn't constantly find myself having to wade through the tripe spouted to point out the actual fact of the matter in question e.g. the choice of ground argument directly above.

I'd like to respond to your post above if I may.

By your own admission you wrote that Kildare were overhyped by the media. Why then do you insist on having a cut at Kildare GAA and it fans? Should it not be the media where you should be focussing your mudslinging?

I'm not getting this McGeeney creating stories crack at all? What stories has he created?

I'm not sure why the neutral support is waning stuff should unduly worry anyone in Kildare. If you were openminded enough you would have noticed that McGeeneys Kildare have been the focus of a lot of ridicule throughout his reign from fans of certain countys'. The terms gym monkeys, linear Leinster Champions and best second half team in Ireland have followed his team around for several years now and I know where it's coming from. This Kildare team have got knocked back in the media, in Dublin, in Meath and on the pitch and keep coming back for more. I'm at a loss to explain why some Dublin and Meath people feel the need to constantly dig and dig at this team. I'm not necessarily talking about Dublin and Meath people on boards either.

As a Kildare fan I'm entitled to believe in my team. I'm entitled to hope that we'll beat Dublin, Cork, Kerry or Donegal. If I don't have hope I've nothing.

What I don't need is the constant bitching and sneering from other successful and not so successful countys'. Like every other team in the country we're only going to try and win a trophy of two every year. No doubt I'll be accused of being paranoid but since McGeeneys has taken over this team been ridiculed and vilified for one reason of the other throughout his reign.

Its tiresome and old and boring at this stage. Sometimes one would think is this what the GAA is all about? Its becoming similar to the EPL. However its heartening to see what the Kerry fans did down in Killarney last weekends.

People should move on. All McGeeney is doing is trying to make Kildare competitive again. Considering where we were before 2008 I'd like to think he has somewhat succeeded. From the gym monkeys to the Fermanagh game to Benny Coulters 'goal' to the SJ saga- there has been some reason for people to have a go at him every year. I can't fathom why Dublin and Meath people should feel so threatened when Kildare are not even a super power of GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

So basically you hate Kildare then, much shorter to write than the spiel above

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Would you agree with lads on here saying Kildare are the 4th best team in Ireland? I wouldn't.

I can safely say I haven't seen this mentioned by any Kildare poster or otherwise in a long time. Before the championship, we were potentially a top four team, we are definitely not at the races this year though.

I think Kildare are seeing the negative effects of raising their profile over the past number of years. Every small action or comment gets a ridiculous amout of attention. I can understand the flak over the SJ affair as it fairly unique, but a simple request to change venue which was denied. It was a fair opinion to have, and these requests go in the whole time, the only people dwelling on it seem to be those going on about Kildare being whingers

As for Sligo, I hope we can for once begin to get some consistency in midfield. I wouldnt be looking forward to the next round though, the way we are playing now if we came across any sort of a decent team we would be wiped out

Here we go again, a slightly negative opinion is given and someone has an obsession and hatred. I used to have the same levelled at me about Dublin.

The opinion I give is my honest opinion of Kildare. They are hugely hyped by the media for a number of reasons IMO:

1. The former darlings of the media, Dublin, have actually won something so the media have moved on from them.
    2. McGeeney is constanly creating stories for the media with his downright arrogance against the GAA. At this stage, its at proposterous levels.
    3. The large population in Kildare.
    4. The hard training and dedication they give has become almost legend like in the media.

I also think its true to say that neutral support for them is waning. Alot of it was lost through the Johnston debacle and it now continues with matters such as questioning venues and the constant whingeing about how hard done by the team are by McGeeney.

If others are like me, they're also probably sick of hearing myths about how this team must be the fittest on the planet and Kieran McGeeney practically eats small animals for strength he craves success that much.

I've also pointed out on a numerous of occasions that they are by no means the fourth best team in Ireland IMO and won't be until they beat a top side. Is that incorrect? Would you agree with lads on here saying Kildare are the 4th best team in Ireland? I wouldn't. They're in a group of teams after Kerry, Cork, Dublin and Donegal for me, alongside Mayo, Tyrone and it could be even argued Down or Meath. Yet, when I point this out, I'm accused of being baised and a hatred.

What would you say I have said that is overly negative? I'd be interested in seeing some of your examples.

My opinion probably comes across worse though because I find myself disagreeing with the points made by the likes of Dark Knight and Diego Maradona, which are often easily proved wrong. Then another Kildare poster, Mightysticks, tried to tell me on another thread that he had watched Gearoid McKiernan play online and on TV on numerous occasions yet, at the time, McKiernan had only played in two matches that were televised. Perhaps if some of the posters from the county based their items more on fact than fiction then I wouldn't constantly find myself having to wade through the tripe spouted to point out the actual fact of the matter in question e.g. the choice of ground argument directly above.
    What points were proved wrong now? You dislike me because I won't listen to your jealousy and dribble here!!!

You have serious issues re Kildare lemlin you know you do!!

You had same grievances to dublin for two or three seasons there and when Dublin deservedly won the AI you chose to turn all your bitterness towards Kildare and there fans and in particular geezer!! And when Johnston put his request through Is when your anti Kildare crap reached an all time high!! It's actually sad I feel sorry for you tbh. Why don't you involve yourself more with Cavan instead of trolling the Kildare forum?

As for you commenting on anyone's debating skills etc how dare you lord it above anyone here I don't reply in detail for reasons
    1 have no access to a keyboard just iPhone

2 have young family who I care for during daytime so can't take time out to have a moronic debate on this forum

3 I work in evenings so I get about 45 minutes to myself a day do you think I'm going to spend that arguing with a Cavan man about Kildare football??

You are the most hateful poster I have met tbh between you belittling an excellent Dublin side who eventually shut you up by winning Sam btw well done Dublin I commend you for that ;)!!! And you then draw attention on Kildare like ffs cop on will you? Anyone can sit in an office googling gaa facts lemlin and make themselves appear knowledgable but let's face it that's what you are doing!!! You wouldn't reply to my post last night till you googled away in work would you??

We are all adults here lemlin I suggest you start acting like one and give up this bitterness towards Kildare and formerly the dubs til they shut you up!!!! :D

You go on like the problem with Cavan football is fans not supporting I think I remembered you saying that!! IMO you have a superiority complex now cop on please it's getting old lemlin

Would you like it if Dublin fans or Kildare fans came into Cavan thread trolling? Think about that one I can't believe this trolling from you has gotten this far

I have serious issues with you now your a cyber bully between having a go at Diego although last few posts were out of line or any Kildare fans you trying to upset people!!!

Try doing something worthwhile with your life like some work while your actually in work!!?? Unemployment isn't fun save yourself the embarrassment and do some work while you still have a job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Jesus christ lads, talk about throwing the toys out of the pram.
    Lemlin is perfectly entitled to his opinion of Kildare and while I don't agree with all of his points, I know from previous threads that he will be willing to put forward an informed arguement for his feelings.
    As for crying about Meath people hating Kildare GAA, it's because Kildare are relevant to the championship now. In years past, as harsh as it is to say you just weren't good enough to worry about.

@ColHol: If you want to see posters claiming Kildare are a top 4 team just look at the first few pages of the Championship 2012 thread.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Lemlin is perfectly entitled to his opinion of Kildare and while I don't agree with all of his points, I know from previous threads that he will be willing to put forward an informed arguement for his feelings.
    As for crying about Meath people hating Kildare GAA, it's because Kildare are relevant to the championship now. In years past, as harsh as it is to say you just weren't good enough to worry about.

@ColHol: If you want to see posters claiming Kildare are a top 4 team just look at the first few pages of the Championship 2012 thread.

This is exactly what I mean. I simply wrote it down and now its being its being twisted by you to say I was 'crying'. I mean seriously wtf?

largepants wrote: »
    This is exactly what I mean. I simply wrote it down and now its being its being twisted by you to say I was 'crying'. I mean seriously wtf?
    Eh do you need an ambulance for the level 5 knicker twist you're having there.
    It's just a turn of phrase pal, didn't mean anything by it

Eh do you need an ambulance for the level 5 knicker twist you're having there.
    It's just a turn of phrase pal, didn't mean anything by it

So I'm not entitled to my opinion as well as Lemlin then? Or is my opinion just a knickers twist?

• Advertisement

So I'm not entitled to my opinion as well as Lemlin then? Or is my opinion just a knickers twist?
    Of course you're entitled to your opinion. To say you are crying is just a phrase I use when someone is giving out about something. If it offended you I'm sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Came into thread for a look, and off I go. Jesus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There is expressing opinion and being obesssive and trolling.
    FFS i have opinions on many things, if there are threads on here about them i might have a say or i might not, i dont spam the same old opinion over and over again.
    We know his feelings on Kildare, jaysus many of us Kildare fans agree we are overhyped, its not our fault.
    But to spam the same old lines time and time again suggests he is either a troll or has a genuine hatred for Kildare.

Please dont even attempt to say he is just expressing an opinion,its turned into a bloody crusade at this stage - hell of a difference.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Think it's time to unsub from here too.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. To say you are crying is just a phrase I use when someone is giving out about something. If it offended you I'm sorry

You didn't offend me at all. I'm made of sterner stuff than that.

I'd like to respond to your post above if I may.

By your own admission you wrote that Kildare were overhyped by the media. Why then do you insist on having a cut at Kildare GAA and it fans? Should it not be the media where you should be focussing your mudslinging?

I'm not getting this McGeeney creating stories crack at all? What stories has he created?

I'm not sure why the neutral support is waning stuff should unduly worry anyone in Kildare. If you were openminded enough you would have noticed that McGeeneys Kildare have been the focus of a lot of ridicule throughout his reign from fans of certain countys'. The terms gym monkeys, linear Leinster Champions and best second half team in Ireland have followed his team around for several years now and I know where it's coming from. This Kildare team have got knocked back in the media, in Dublin, in Meath and on the pitch and keep coming back for more. I'm at a loss to explain why some Dublin and Meath people feel the need to constantly dig and dig at this team. I'm not necessarily talking about Dublin and Meath people on boards either.

As a Kildare fan I'm entitled to believe in my team. I'm entitled to hope that we'll beat Dublin, Cork, Kerry or Donegal. If I don't have hope I've nothing.

What I don't need is the constant bitching and sneering from other successful and not so successful countys'. Like every other team in the country we're only going to try and win a trophy of two every year. No doubt I'll be accused of being paranoid but since McGeeneys has taken over this team been ridiculed and vilified for one reason of the other throughout his reign.

Its tiresome and old and boring at this stage. Sometimes one would think is this what the GAA is all about? Its becoming similar to the EPL. However its heartening to see what the Kerry fans did down in Killarney last weekends.

People should move on. All McGeeney is doing is trying to make Kildare competitive again. Considering where we were before 2008 I'd like to think he has somewhat succeeded. From the gym monkeys to the Fermanagh game to Benny Coulters 'goal' to the SJ saga- there has been some reason for people to have a go at him every year. I can't fathom why Dublin and Meath people should feel so threatened when Kildare are not even a super power of GAA.

And I would like to respond also.

To be honest I think Kildare and McGeeney add to the type. The media didn't create the whole Johnston furore. Its not the media that disagreed with the location of their qualifier the last two weeks in a row. It was the Kildare County Board and I'd believe McGeeney had a hand in it. It's also not the media who give the ridiculous Roy Keane-style post and pre match interviews that McGeeney gives.

McGeeney has created plenty of stories by acting exactly as I've said above. After the Cavan game, for example, he had a go at an Irish Times journalist for attempting to ask him about the atmosphere of the Cavan supporters. Is there any need for that? I don't think so. He could have just answered the question rather than be arrogant and launch into expletives. Last year he roared at a group of journalists to go and write what they wanted, that they wouldn't be "using him" for their stores.

I'm a Cavan supporter and I'm entitled to believe in my team. That doesn't mean though that I'd come on and label them the 4th best team in Ireland as was discussed by the Kildare supporters on here in the Championship thread. Even after the loss to Meath, who are by no means a top team at this stage, you had supporters on here stating that Kildare would be back for Sam. You may label that hope, but I'd see it as arrogance. If the team I'd support had just lost, I'd be talking down their chances, not adding to the hype.

So I hate Kildare because I pointed out that Clones was a ridiculous location for a KIldare/Sligo game and I then pointed out that Kildare are losing alot of neutral support IMO? You mightn't agree with what I say but debate it as you have. I've no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is my opinions being labelled hate and a crusade because they aren't what Kildare posters want to hear. This forum is for discussion and I'm open to discussion on these topics as you have done.

You didn't offend me at all. I'm made of sterner stuff than that.
    Cool good to know.

Back on topic I think Kildare will have far too much for Sligo on Saturday.
    This Kildare team are a serious outfit and you don't become a bad team overnight. They were poor against Meath, probably didn't take Limerick seriously enough but showed the gulf in class in extra time. They are slowly gaining momentum and another improvement in Saturdays game would leave them fearing none of the provincial champions.
    Kildare will be a tough task for any of the 4 out of Dublin,Cork,Mayo and Donegal. They'll be ready having played week in week out while the others have got an extended break. With the obvious fitness work and squad use I just don't see Kildare losing because of fatigue

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Last night, I asked for posters not to continue personal vendettas against each other, it is dragging the whole thread off topic. Dark Knight and Lemlin are both banned for a week because of continued sniping at each other that has spanned across a number of threads - all posters need to be aware of the charter and the strict enforcement of it for not only July, but the rest of championship. It is not fair on the rest of the posters and lurkers here that threads are completely dragged off topic mainly because of two posters.

Dcully wrote: »
    There is expressing opinion and being obesssive and trolling.
    FFS i have opinions on many things, if there are threads on here about them i might have a say or i might not, i dont spam the same old opinion over and over again.
    We know his feelings on Kildare, jaysus many of us Kildare fans agree we are overhyped, its not our fault.
    But to spam the same old lines time and time again suggests he is either a troll or has a genuine hatred for Kildare.

Please dont even attempt to say he is just expressing an opinion,its turned into a bloody crusade at this stage - hell of a difference.
    Maybe you're right. It's probably a lot easier for me to take a step back as I'm not from Kildare.
    Anyway the right decision has been made and he has a week to cool his jets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Cool good to know.

Back on topic I think Kildare will have far too much for Sligo on Saturday.
    This Kildare team are a serious outfit and you don't become a bad team overnight. They were poor against Meath, probably didn't take Limerick seriously enough but showed the gulf in class in extra time. They are slowly gaining momentum and another improvement in Saturdays game would leave them fearing none of the provincial champions.
    Kildare will be a tough task for any of the 4 out of Dublin,Cork,Mayo and Donegal. They'll be ready having played week in week out while the others have got an extended break. With the obvious fitness work and squad use I just don't see Kildare losing because of fatigue

I personally can see Kildare struggling badly against Sligo and I feel it is a hurdle they may not overcome. With regard to being a tough game for any of the 4 provincial winners I can only really see you having a decent chance against Mayo and possibly Dublin if they continue playing like they have the last 2 games. I feel Donegal and Cork would beat Kildare fairly comfortably at this stage. Having said that after Kerry, Kildare are probably the 2nd or 3rd best team left in the qualifiers.

Advertisement