Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What ad is this from?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

This has been driving me mental all morning. A friend of mine who lives in America now sent me this YouTube clip and said:

"this has been wrecking my head, What advert was this in?"

And now it's wrecking mine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Softmints, right?

EDIT: No, that's not it.. christ, it's wrecking my head now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TeddyRuxpin

Sorry about that! :o

I have an image of a car cruising down a main street, with a guy winking & pointing at women (Lotto, HB, Jacobs are in my mind). I'm on my 12th listen now.....not the worst song to get stuck in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Sounds like something that would be used in a Jeans commercial.

The more I listen to it, I'm almost certain it was a Club Orange ad. Although I can't remember which one.

Club Orange sound right to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I have an image of a character (non-human) walking down a road and all girls stopped in their tracks, and stared at him.

I think this is why I initially though "Softmints" - I had the "Mr Soft" character in my head.

• Advertisement

Yup. Almost certain it's Club Orange. An ad set in a park from about 10 years ago.

It was either about a guy thinking a hot girl was waving at him but was really waving at her friend or about a guy trying to hit at a bee but a hot girl thought he was waving at her.

It's 11:54 now. I've been listening to this on repeat since about 9:30. I AM AWESOME.

If Iam wrong about this, I'm not sure I want to be corrected ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

EDIT, after the first few notes, i thought it was

an Post, theres a few of them, (but its not)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I was hoping that someone would have solved this. It's been kinda bugging me since I heard it!

Advertisement