Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny Pokémon

Comments

• I've never owned a Gameboy and can't afford a DS so I'm stuck with emulators. :( But I was replaying Sapphire recently (to console myself for not being able to get X/Y or, indeed, B/W any time in the foreseeable future) when I caught a shiny Tentacool near Pacifidlog Town. :)

And then I went back to an old game on Crystal and I caught a shiny Tentacruel on my way to catch Lugia! :D Two shinies in the space of two days - not bad.

I swear, when I finally get my hands on a DS/2DS/3DS I am so making up for years of lost childhood (and adolescenthood, and adulthood)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just got my first shiny of Gen VI, a Farfetch'd. I love those shinies that are just a slightly different shade of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Shiny Luvdisc - my first Gen 6 shiny and also my first chain-fishing shiny. Took a bloody age (I lost count around 47) but it got there. Don't let anyone tell you you can't chain fish with the Old Rod.

Warning to all Chain Fishers - It gets pretty boring, you will look away from the screen often once your chain has been running a while and the new fancy camera in battle often points at you, not the enemy. Never, and I mean NEVER attack without first seeing who you're attacking. I was a twitch away from absently Discharging this golden beauty into the stone age, and it's only blind luck I fired off Charge by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Shiny Riolu, Zorua, Swablu so far. Breeding for Umbreon atm, good times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was playing Sapphire again recently and ran into my first shiny in quite some time. A Zigzagoon. Problem? I didnt have any Pokeball's yet. It's was painful to have to kill it knowing I probably wont see another shiny again in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Just bred a shiney chimchar within 10 eggs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Caught a shiny Poliwhirl chain fishing the other day - going to evolve it into a Politoed I think.

61.png

shiny_politoed_dream_world_art_by_trainerparshen-d6ieqi6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Also if anyone's interested - I fished 68 times in a row for the shiny to appear, which isn't too bad at all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭FiachDubh

If anyone wants to trade me a shiny staryu for a shiny skrelp, pm me :D

My first shiny since way back in Pearl:

20131101004211!234_Stantler_Shiny.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

I have a shiny poliwhirl, gyarados and clawitzer from chain fishing and I got a shiny umbreon with perfect IV's in a wondertrade the other day, I nearly died! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

5 eggs....

froakie_by_krocf4-d5qutoz.png

on a breeding frenzy add in this guy too

tepig_shiny_y_normal_by_elcapofacu-d382xt7.jpg

Is it possible to get a shiny Scatterbug?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a shiny Scatterbug?

Yes, it looks like this according to Serebii

664.png

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    Yes, it looks like this according to Serebii

664.png

Serebii also has shiny Yveltal and Xerneas and they can't be obtained legally. Everything has a shiny sprite to prevent the game killing itself if someone cheats, doesn't mean they are in the game itself.

Rolling around with these in my battle team because...well look at em

shiny_emboar_by_shaymin_lea-d3j1xh2.png

shiny_greninja__by_captainlebeau-d6q074g.jpg

Metagross__Shining_Coloration_by_Xous54.png

the gf spent 3 weeks solid breeding a shiny growlithe and has been a week breeding houndoom..... as a joke in bed last night i said i'd breed a shiny in 10 eggs.... meet attempt 5.... a 5 perfect iv

shiny_snover_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6uy1hj.png

needless to say i am in the doghouse since

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

Do you have any Shiny Pokémon? Did you chain them or did you get them off trades? Which ones did you get?

Discuss the Shinies!

i have a load Charizard, Chansey, Blastoice, Alacizam, Venisor. Are among the more rare of what i have.

I could list them all but that would take hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Seen my first shiny (Poliwhirl) while chain fishing yesterday, I tried to weaken it, but it used belly drum before my attack, so it fainted when I attacked! :-(

Second shiny (again Poliwhirl) I seen I caught with a quick ball [no idea why I didn't do that the first time, must of panicked].

Third shiny was again Poliwhirl with a quick ball!

My highest chain was 61, but I don't know whether the chain resets when you catch a shiny, so it was either 3 in 61 or 3 in under roughly 183 goes!

Anyway I now have 2 shiny green Poliwraths!

Sidenote: I also have a shiny Honchkrow I got in a trade (for one of my many non shiny Claydols) and a shiny Latios which I think is hacked!

• Advertisement

beaner09 wrote: »
    Seen my first shiny (Poliwhirl) while chain fishing yesterday, I tried to weaken it, but it used belly drum before my attack, so it fainted when I attacked! :-(

Second shiny (again Poliwhirl) I seen I caught with a quick ball [no idea why I didn't do that the first time, must of panicked].

Third shiny was again Poliwhirl with a quick ball!

My highest chain was 61, but I don't know whether the chain resets when you catch a shiny, so it was either 3 in 61 or 3 in under roughly 183 goes!

Anyway I now have 2 shiny green Poliwraths!

Sidenote: I also have a shiny Honchkrow I got in a trade (for one of my many non shiny Claydols) and a shiny Latios which I think is hacked!

I never go into grass without my lv 100 Farfetch'd with False Swipe. Made that mistake once!

I have an ultimate catcher in mind, just haven't made it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Update: Just got a shiny Tropius using the Masuda Method for the first time after only 4 eggs, and I wasn't actually trying!!

Needed a male Tropius lvl 1-10 to trade for something on the GTS, quickly put my Tropius and foreign Ditto (as it was the nearest/because of Masuda Method) into the Daycare and I got a shiny on the 4th of 5 eggs!

Let's hope I'm that lucky when I intentionally set out using the Masuda Method for the shiny Pokemon I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

I have a youtube video of the pokemon cards that i have if you would like to see pm me and il send you the link. but contains Chansey Charizard others too many to list.

The woman is havng her revenge on me and is spitting out shinies like crazy, this is what she has lately

shiny_houndoom_again__v_by_maryuu7-d61k5g0.png

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Got a shiny gastly from MM :)
    Soooooo happy with myself, been working on it for a while.
    Modest/31 SpAtk/31 Speed
    I'm a nickname him Spectre

Don't think I'll bother with my next target (ekans) because of this bloody LC year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first ever egg shiny today. Was breeding some Bagon to get a nice Salamence to use for battle, and my 5th egg popped out a shiny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just got the first shiny Pokemon that I can remember having. Shiny (mega) Gengar.

If you want to get one, write to some of the GAME branches on Twitter (don't bother with the main Game twitter page, I'm pretty sure I was ignored there, ha). I wrote to Game in Leicester asking if they had a spare code, they followed me and sent one no problem.

Bought a copy of Alpha Sapphire today, was breeding a few pokémon on Ruby to start my game, and about 20 eggs in, up pops this guy: 10881763_10152959059548584_494707374099799544_n.jpg?oh=60bb0a762780a25fc218b500cc5a08b1&oe=54FA19EA

Double post, just caught a shiny Wartortle in my Y game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Never caught a shiny in my life! No matter how many I encounter.
    Got a shiny groundon in a wonder trade on X though, was a nice surprise!

Sad times :(

Advertisement