Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-11-2012, 11:40   #136
Teamshadowclan

Awesome.

Am I right in saying it would be easiest to order off Amazon then? I notice it up here. Does that ship to Ireland ok? I've had problems with shipping stuff from Amazon to Ireland before with non-books. And what's the average time between order and receiving the item?

And once I get that record, can I use Movie Maker and the likes to edit the videos, yeah?

EDIT: One other question; I have a DVR already in my sitting room. Is that useable as a proper Xbox recording device? Or is something like the Hauppauge superior?

Last edited by Teamshadowclan; 07-11-2012 at 11:42.
Advertisement
07-11-2012, 13:49   #137
samina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamshadowclan View Post
Awesome.

Am I right in saying it would be easiest to order off Amazon then? I notice it up here. Does that ship to Ireland ok? I've had problems with shipping stuff from Amazon to Ireland before with non-books. And what's the average time between order and receiving the item?

And once I get that record, can I use Movie Maker and the likes to edit the videos, yeah?

EDIT: One other question; I have a DVR already in my sitting room. Is that useable as a proper Xbox recording device? Or is something like the Hauppauge superior?
I can't answer your other questions but I've been looking around and maplins have the hd pvr2 for €179 euro at the mo. Little but more expensive but I prefer bricks and mortar stores when I have no clue about what I'm buying.
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2012, 10:58   #138
Doctor DooM
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamshadowclan View Post
Awesome.

You don't need to order off amazon actually, I got mine off komplett. Irish companies have copped there's money to be made in PVRs.

When I think of all the cash I've paid over the years in shipping... lol.

Yes, you use whatever editing program you have to edit. I dno't know much about that end, I tend to do live recordings with xsplit. All editing on the fly.

I honestly don't know about the DVR, I suspect it would depend on the model. It would probably lag without a splitter, but would be technically usable. PVR2 however has tonnes of useful options with resolutions, frame rates, and file types which probably make it infinitely more practical.
Thanks from:
13-11-2012, 17:55   #139
baz909
Closed Account

Most DVR's only have the standard RGB input's

so unless you want to record in "SD or Standard Defination"

you should invest in either a Hauppage PVR or the Avermedia Game Capture.

With the Hauppauge you need to have your PC/Laptop on while you record

where as the Avermedia you can install a Harddrive, USB Stick or External Harddrive and record onto that
20-03-2013, 15:56   #140
Monkeyto

Hey dudes, I just picked up a HD PVR2 and had a couple of questions...

I have a HD PVR2, a PS3 and a BenQ monitor.

At the moment I'm getting some ghosting, which I read goes away if I pick up an official PS3 component cabel, as the ones that come with the pvr2 are considered quite "cheap". Can anyone confirm if that's the case?

The second question I have:

I have no issue with recording/streaming, however as the PVR2 takes my red and white audio cables from the component, I have no way of streaming real time sound into my speakers. I usually use an adapter to plug the red and white cables into the sound socket of my speakers.

Does anyone know a work around so I can get sound to my speakers AND to my recording?

Many thanks!!!
Advertisement
20-03-2013, 16:17   #141
Doctor DooM
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyto View Post
Hey dudes, I just picked up a HD PVR2 and had a couple of questions...

I have a HD PVR2, a PS3 and a BenQ monitor.

At the moment I'm getting some ghosting, which I read goes away if I pick up an official PS3 component cabel, as the ones that come with the pvr2 are considered quite "cheap". Can anyone confirm if that's the case?

The second question I have:

I have no issue with recording/streaming, however as the PVR2 takes my red and white audio cables from the component, I have no way of streaming real time sound into my speakers. I usually use an adapter to plug the red and white cables into the sound socket of my speakers.

Does anyone know a work around so I can get sound to my speakers AND to my recording?

Many thanks!!!
Hey dude!

I can't speak to the quality of the PVR2's cable but yes, using bad component cables does absolutely ruin the recording, I've had it happen to me, so yeah pick up a more expensive one and it should fix that.

You need an audio splitter to fix your sound problem, something like this:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Video-Audio-3-RCA-Composite-AV-Switch-8-Ports-Selector-8-Way-Splitter-Box-/321090247166?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4ac27859fe

You can find cheaper, unpowered ones but then the signal is being split without being boosted and that can have negative effects on the sound as it's being recorded or played out of your speakers.
Thanks from:
02-04-2013, 01:18   #142
B.A._Baracus

Can anyone recommend me a recording device?

Only requirement I have is that it's a stand-alone device (records content to the device itself and not via the pc)

Am I best off going with a dvd recorder?
02-09-2013, 19:51   #143
y0ssar1an22

hello,

if this has already been discussed I apologise...

any word yet on the situation with the XBone/PS4? Will the current devices work with them do you think?
02-09-2013, 21:06   #144
Doctor DooM
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0ssar1an22 View Post
hello,

if this has already been discussed I apologise...

any word yet on the situation with the XBone/PS4? Will the current devices work with them do you think?
It's looking very similar to the present, except that component options won't work.
Advertisement
18-10-2013, 16:44   #145
MitchKoobski

Send a message via AIM to MitchKoobski Send a message via MSN to MitchKoobski Send a message via Skype™ to MitchKoobski
Right, thinking of getting back into some videos now that I have more free time than I thought. Been nearly a year away from it though.

Anyone got any tips for recording on a PS3 AND PC at the same time?

Basically I want to record some GTA Online gameplay with friends, but the HD PVR doesn't pick up my headset in game. I still need to keep it plugged in to chat to them in-game, so I will need to also record whatever I say onto the PC while playing.

Is there any suggestions as to how I could do this easily? Or am I stuck with just using two mics?
18-10-2013, 18:45   #146
Doctor DooM
Category Moderator

Can't speak for other people, but I actually leave a mike on my desk when I need to do this.
18-10-2013, 19:01   #147
MitchKoobski

Send a message via AIM to MitchKoobski Send a message via MSN to MitchKoobski Send a message via Skype™ to MitchKoobski
Was thinking as much. Lost my backup headset so I'll have to get myself a mic!
17-02-2014, 15:41   #148
Shammy

Any chance anyone has a link to where I can download the installation for the pvr, I can't find the disk and have downloaded the installation from the site before but for the life of me I can't find it
18-02-2014, 20:00   #149
Doctor DooM
Category Moderator

Legally, no...

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/suppor...ort_hdpvr.html

his is a Windows driver only for Windows 8, 7 and Vista (32 and 64-bit versions) plus Windows XP (32-bit only). For the Arcsoft Total Media Extreme application for HD PVR, you need your original CD. Updates to the TME application are available through Arcsoft Connect which can be found in Total Media Extreme (see below "Latest HD PVR application").

However the new build of OBS, among other 3rd party applications, will work with a hd pvr.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion