Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cavan Bypass Diversion ???????

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the hell is going on here . Is this road still flooded or is this being used as an excuse for the company to carry out works on the bypass without a road closure permit . Surly it doesnt take 1 1/2 weeks for a flood to pass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

Does anyone know what the hell is going on here . Is this road still flooded or is this being used as an excuse for the company to carry out works on the bypass without a road closure permit . Surly it doesnt take 1 1/2 weeks for a flood to pass.

I didn't know that it was still closed.

I reckon it is being used as an excuse as it was never that badly flooded before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Live near it and the cause of it is the building of the new Belturbet By-pass, Where the new bridge is been built, It is holding up the water on the erne and not letting it away,They have stones on one end of the bridge causing a hold up of all the water, There is fields beside me that are flooded and and still badly flooded that have never been flooded before. The flood on the N3 is very bad and people have been saying the struggled to get there jeep through.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

Unbelievable that these guys are capitalizing on the fact that the road was closed for genuine reasons . In order to close a road you need a road closing and road opening permit , you also have to advertise days in advance that the road is going to be closed AT THE SITE AND IN THE LOCAL PAPER you cant just close a road whenever the hell you like .
    This isint the first time that they have done this and thats why i posted the question . I have contacted them on site before about this after i had to bring my son to Cavan general in a hurry and was met with a diversion at 10.00 pm , they just shut the road with no prior warning . I drive that route twice a day, up and back to work thats how i know .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Unbelievable that these guys are capitalizing on the fact that the road was closed for genuine reasons . In order to close a road you need a road closing and road opening permit , you also have to advertise days in advance that the road is going to be closed AT THE SITE AND IN THE LOCAL PAPER you cant just close a road whenever the hell you like .
    This isint the first time that they have done this and thats why i posted the question . I have contacted them on site before about this after i had to bring my son to Cavan general in a hurry and was met with a diversion at 10.00 pm , they just shut the road with no prior warning . I drive that route twice a day, up and back to work thats how i know .

Im afraid as the rainfall was so great and the river beside burst it's banks unexpectedly,they never got enough time to stick it into the Celt as it was a Monday it closed,It was defiantly on northernsound and aa road watch tho,they done it before defiantly for the changes on the road for the building of the bypass but always seen the road closures on the Celt.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mise123

Grumbleweed, You can have an emergency road closure!! Still needs to be advertised but no notice required as far as I know,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement