Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Colby Clever Ace

darryn wrote: »
    yet pitch standing has sold out??? Hmmm, maybe just maybe your wrong, and there are fans of both artists (heaven forbid)????

You're dead right, it's absolutely down to the support that was booked, NOTHING to do with Christmas sales :rolleyes:. I never said there weren't fans of both, sure there is a fan of both whos also a fan of Take That right here in this thread. What I said was pretty clear - no one will be going to this gig just for Noel Gallagher.

He's not suited to it, it was a poor choice of booking, as is demonstrated in this very thread again by fans of both.
    jakestully wrote: »
    And we dont want the "noel-only fans" there anyways so you can stay home for sure. I think it will sell out anyways. I hope so :D

Fair enough, as I said, I've absolutely no intention of going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jakestully

karaokeman wrote: »
    Jakestully point taken that pitch standing tickets are sold out. I checked shortly after my last post and saw there was none available.

Still surprised it took so long, a month and a half for a band like the Chilis? Maybe their popularity is declining over the majority of fans who miss Frusciante?

I'd say a fair few people going are both Noel and RHCP fans. I am a fan of both and so is my cousin who shall be attending this gig.

There will be a divide of course as there is a minority of diehard Noel Gallagher fans who would pay €70 to see him on a support slot with piss poor sound. I know I would if I hadn't got my ticket for his gig in the O2.

But I'd imagine more of Noel's fans will be sitting than Chilis fans.

I think you're right. the band is just not the same without him, and they aren't as good live now as they were in slane for example(I saw them couple of months ago in stockholm). But I know some people saying that they are dead without john and thats not true at all. They are still awesome live, watching flea for example is just amazing, and just that is worth all the money imo :D. So they are still really really great, just that with john in the band it was just to heavenly epic to be true. but yea I think you're right. some people cant accept josh and that's sad, but also understandable, everyone LOVED John (so did I)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I think you're right. the band is just not the same without him, and they aren't as good live now as they were in slane for example(I saw them couple of months ago in stockholm). But I know some people saying that they are dead without john and thats not true at all. They are still awesome live, watching flea for example is just amazing, and just that is worth all the money imo :D. So they are still really really great, just that with john in the band it was just to heavenly epic to be true. but yea I think you're right. some people cant accept josh and that's sad, but also understandable, everyone LOVED John (so did I)

Glad you agree they shouldn't die without John because there is a line when you look at the divided opinions of fans;

The Chilis were better with John - True:)
    The Chilis are s*** without John - False, maybe not as good but I'm With You is still a very good album and the fact it is better than One Hot Minute and anything pre-Mothers Milk proves that RHCP have a lot of fight left in them and can still make good records

Always wish I could've seen them with John/ in the good days when they used to play Slane but for now I will accept Josh and hopefully the Croke Park concert will have an alternative setlist from the one they played in the O2 as I still need to hear Otherside live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Indeed, Otherside is much needed!

Is the sound as bad as people are making it out to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Tickets arrived in the post yesterday - woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

darryn wrote: »
    yet pitch standing has sold out??? Hmmm, maybe just maybe your wrong, and there are fans of both artists (heaven forbid)????

reckon there'll be a riot lol?

Anyone still think this gig has a chance of selling out?

I'd say they would have been better off playing the Phoenix Park so it would be all standing, just can't imagine 67,300 people will be sitting down for the Chilis:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah. Bad venue, bad support (in this context, of course. We all know that Noel Gallagher created the heavens and earth in 6 days before coming to Dublin on the Sunday to open up his world tour).

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Got Tickets for christmas cant wait:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

If your in any of the stands at Croker the sound must be ****e cause I expect the music is coming through the PA system

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

O'Doodle wrote: »
    If your in any of the stands at Croker the sound must be ****e cause I expect the music is coming through the PA system

Where else would it come from ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

I didn't bother with The Police reunion cos it was held in Croke Park - awful awful venue for a gig.

RayCon wrote: »
    I didn't bother with The Police reunion cos it was held in Croke Park - awful awful venue for a gig.

Whats the difference between a concert at croke park and a concert at some other stadium?

Ive heard many saying its terrible sound and so on but is it really a big difference compared to wembley for example?

Sound is usually grand for the pitch...in the stands you get weird echoes and the sound bounces off the roofs etc. I saw U2 in Croker and in the pitch at the front the sound was sweet :D

Whats the difference between a concert at croke park and a concert at some other stadium?

Ive heard many saying its terrible sound and so on but is it really a big difference compared to wembley for example?

It is pretty much impossible to have a good sound everywhere when doing an Outdoor venue , either stadium or field etc . The wind can change the sound within seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

what time do you say will be alright to que up at to get in the pit ? ? :)

It is pretty much impossible to have a good sound everywhere when doing an Outdoor venue , either stadium or field etc . The wind can change the sound within seconds

yeah I mean the weather can "destroy" ANYWHERE,
    but I don't understand what some other people meant when saying that croke park is a terrible venue for gigs. It must be pretty much the same as any other stadium, right?

yeah I mean the weather can "destroy" ANYWHERE,
    but I don't understand what some other people meant when saying that croke park is a terrible venue for gigs. It must be pretty much the same as any other stadium, right?

Croke Park is the most hated venue in Ireland for gigs it seems.

Yes in general the sound is poor at most outdoor venues but Croker gets the most slate for some reason.

Its the same with anywhere else even Slane which everyone loves.

Least the Chilis are suited to outdoor venues, I do not want a repeat of that time they played a bar in Springfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I assume it's to do with the fact that Croke Park is larger than your traditional garrison game (!) stadiums and the fact that one of it's sides is open must make the sound travel around the stadium a bit differently to other venues. If you are at the front, it shouldn't make a huge amount of difference.

Croke Park is the most hated venue in Ireland for gigs it seems.

Yes in general the sound is poor at most outdoor venues but Croker gets the most slate for some reason.

Its the same with anywhere else even Slane which everyone loves.

Least the Chilis are suited to outdoor venues, I do not want a repeat of that time they played a bar in Springfield.

in Globen in stockholm the sound was awful, atleast where I sat. you could barely hear what song was played. If it's just better than it was that night I'm happy, and I'm pretty sure it will be :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Must say I'm shocked at the poor selling performance for this.

I went onto ticketmaster this morning to see what the best seats available are and I could get a seat in the lower Cusack stand block 306 row M.

I expected sales over Christmas to have improved the situation but it doesn't seem to have had much impact.

Unless we see big sales in the coming months, you could be looking at an entire empty top tier of Croke Park or at best half full if the current trend continues!!!!

I was at the O2 gig in November and it was on of the best I've been to in the past ten years. However, with 6 gigs in Phoenix Park plus EP and T in the Park, I've decided to give the Croke Park show a miss although I'd love to go!!!!

I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.

I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.

Would be awesome with another support act! :D

I hope MCD will do everything they can to fill it. (which probably means another band if sales is going bad).

Nickelback would be to big to be 2nd support after Noel and they would cost a pretty penny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Id demand a full refund if they were added :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

threein99 wrote: »
    Id demand a full refund if they were added :D

I can't see another big band being added, I could see a smaller kinda unknown band playing, as the gates are at 6, which is early for just one support band

Lower tier tickets still available for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Nickleback have no place on a bill with NG and RHCP. That would be gig suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Deeluu wrote: »
    Nickleback have no place on a bill with NG and RHCP. That would be gig suicide.

I have seen much odder mixes. In slane paul oakenfold & iggy pop supporting madonna, prodigy supported oasis. moby supporting bryan adams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anthony had surgery on his foot on Monday I think. He's out for 2 months. It affects the start of the US tour.

Advertisement