Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Kay Burley Appreciation Thread. Mod Note Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope they call her Jacinta.

:confused: What the hell are you on about? This is the Princess of the United
    Kingdom and the Commonwealth we're talking about not the Queen of the tenement buildings in Ballymun.

Jacinta? Oh please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Or what about shakira or even beyonce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Kingdom and the Commonwealth we're talking about not the Queen of the tenement buildings in Ballymun.

Jacinta? Oh please.

A racist grandad, uncle and father who don't really know who their father is and a couple of "noncey" relatives.

Sounds like a "Jacinta" would fit in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What a cute little thing, I'd love if Will named her after his mum.

Stick it to the Buckingham crowd.

They have a limited number of names already chosen that they can pick from I think,all regal and dignified sounding presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Shandashey wrote: »
    I hope they call her Alexandra
    I hope they call her Jacinta.

Jacinta? Oh please.
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    Or what about shakira or even beyonce
    A racist grandad, uncle and father who don't really know who their father is and a couple of "noncey" relatives.

Sounds like a "Jacinta" would fit in well.
    kneemos wrote: »
    They have a limited number of names already chosen that they can pick from I think,all regal and dignified sounding presumably.

I see the sky news readership have infiltrated the thread...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One of her gaffes was on 9/11, when she said that the entire east coast of America was attacked, when it was actually New York City and Washington DC

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I see the sky news readership have infiltrated the thread...

How did you know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Kay sez:
    I’m not famous. I’m a journalist on the telly.
    I’ve been approached by other channels [CNN], but why would I want to move anywhere else when I work for the best news channel in the world? That might sound corny but it’s true.

The comments under the article are gas:
    Likeable? About as likeable as a spitting cobra. Hard faced, boring voice aggresive woman.
    More like a frothy airhead who smiled and clapped to a camera for kindergarten audiences.
    Announcing live on air to April Jones volunteers that it was a murder investigation.
    All the natural charisma of a cup of cold sick, allied to an entirely misplaced sense of her own authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

In an attempt to lay the blame somewhere, I googled ' where did Kay Burley go to university?'

As it turns out...

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110102112927AAwrk5D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just tuning into Sky News now.

Pathetic stuff...woman has a baby. Happens everywhere every day.

Makes me glad Ireland is a republic

YES. Thank god we dont have to endure princesses having babies every 30 years or so. Couldn't handle it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    In an attempt to lay the blame somewhere, I googled ' where did Kay Burley go to university?'

As it turns out...

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110102112927AAwrk5D

Meh - always beelived on the ob training was more useful than a degree.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Kay sez:
    I’m not famous. I’m a journalist on the telly.
    I’ve been approached by other channels [CNN], but why would I want to move anywhere else when I work for the best news channel in the world? That might sound corny but it’s true.

The comments under the article are gas:
    Likeable? About as likeable as a spitting cobra. Hard faced, boring voice aggresive woman.
    More like a frothy airhead who smiled and clapped to a camera for kindergarten audiences.
    Announcing live on air to April Jones volunteers that it was a murder investigation.
    All the natural charisma of a cup of cold sick, allied to an entirely misplaced sense of her own authority.

She'd never get away wit ha lot of the stuff she gets away with on Sky. I think Sky fits her conservative, somehwat tbloidy meantality.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

colossus-x wrote: »
    YES. Thank god we dont have to endure princesses having babies every 30 years or so. Couldn't handle it.

Don't believe in God either, so no need to thank him.

This is the 2nd one in a couple of years so your 30 year comment is pointless.

Sky now falling over themselves with the shoocking breaking news that the baby now has a few names and interviewing people with their reactions.

It's pathetic subservient stuff that I am glad that Ireland does not have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't believe in God either, so no need to thank him.

This is the 2nd one in a couple of years so your 30 year comment is pointless.

Sky now falling over themselves with the shoocking breaking news that the baby now has a few names and interviewing people with their reactions.

It's pathetic subservient stuff that I am glad that Ireland does not have.

We do have it actually. Look at all the nonsense surrounding celebrities when they have kids. It's this bull**** celebrity gossip "industry" that responsible for all this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I remember her chasing a load of MH370 victims relatives, that was a classy moment for her.

f*cking iron faced sociopathic bitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

the_monkey wrote: »
    I remember her chasing a load of MH370 victims relatives, that was a classy moment for her.
    See page 3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We do have it actually. Look at all the nonsense surrounding celebrities when they have kids. It's this bull**** celebrity gossip "industry" that responsible for all this crap.

What nonsense?

Never seen live breaking news of stopping people on the street to ask people what they think of a celebrity baby's name been done on Irish TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

This is literally one of the worst interviews I've heard. Arrogant, ignorant and constantly interrupting the man with bull**** statements.Shes a disgrace to her profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

This is that eejit reporter that broke the news that April Jones' disappearance was being treated as murder live on air to two volunteers and then asked them did they have anything to say about it while one of them was desperately trying to stave off tears, isn't it.

Dignified reporting of the news in action, that was. *eyeroll*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Shes a massive knobend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Anybody who is in trouble in the UK should actively seek an interview with Burley. She would have made Jimmy Savile look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That interview above is astonishingly bad. Her people skills are something left to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Apparently a petition to get her sacked has gotten over 30000 online signatures following the interview.
    I was watching it live at the time and to say I was horrified is an understatement.

Fair play to yer man for not losing the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Kay burley just said in a short report about the shooting dead of Garda Golden "a woman believed to be the partner of the officer was also shot".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

colossus-x wrote: »
    Kay burley just said in a short report about the shooting dead of Garda Golden "a woman believed to be the partner of the officer was also shot".

Easy mistake (if the print/prompter wasn't already incorrect).

Few words wrong and it comes off badly

"a woman believed to be the partner of the officer offender was also shot"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This Ash Wednesday one with Joe Biden (who also attended the winter Olympics) is my favourite by far!

From 32 seconds on and @ 1.04 mins "it's quite a bump, he must have went down on those tea tray's down the luge or something" :D :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This Ash Wednesday one with Joe Biden (who also attended the winter Olympics is my favourite by far!

From 32 seconds on and @ 1.04 mins "it's quite a bump, he must have went down on those tea tray's down the luge or something" :D :eek:

I was watching that live, that day. I had a good laugh at her, as she hung her head in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

RobertKK wrote: »
    I was watching that live, that day. I had a good laugh at her, as she hung her head in shame.

Yeah I think I happened to see that live too. I wondered was I imagining it!
    Her co-commentator was just as clueless as her in fairness.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement